Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2021, 03:44 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Well, I guess I get to quit complaining about my gynecologist. I used to fuss about how many times she made me defend my decision to get my tubes tied. But I just saw her last week, and she was very sympathetic to how ridiculously difficult it's been to see my regular doctor, and she stepped up and took care of the other issues I wanted to address, got new thyroid labs and called me with the results. And she really wants me to quit smoking. I have been kicking the idea around pretty hard lately, too. Lots of reasons to do it, even besides the obvious, it compounds my family history and risk factors for cancer. And Colorado approved a big tax hike on tobacco products effective this year, so it's costing me a fortune.

I told her that what tends to break my attempts to quit, is the eventual feelings of panic and inability to cope with even the slightest of stress, even when things are not especially stressful, I feel like I'm always seconds away from a huge freakout when I'm going through nicotine withdrawal, and that can last for months, long past the point where I'm OK as far as any physical withdrawal or cravings are concerned....it's the mental stuff that gets me. So she put me on Wellbutrin.

My Mom had nothing but good things to say about Wellbutrin, but I am not enjoying it so much. It is serving its purpose, though, so I'm going to try to hang in there. I definitely don't want to smoke. And I'm not freaking out. But my head feels strangely empty of its usual monologue and...kind of cold. And I'm twitchy. And I can't sleep. It really feels a lot like when I used to take real pseudoephedrine as a stimulant back in my early 20's, to keep myself super-functional at work. I have read that some of the side effects, like insomnia, are temporary. I hope so. I was so desperate for a night's sleep last night that I popped some Nyquil, and then I woke up this morning uncontrollably shaking, and couldn't stop for a few hours. Not fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2021, 12:14 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
HI all,

Checking in to say hi! Hope you are doing well and staying safe and healthy.

I am actually meeting up with a couple of friends tonight (safely) for an outdoor dinner. It will be nice to get out and do something other than grocery shopping, errands, or something to do with legal stuff for my mom.

Old 02-25-2021, 12:18 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
HI all,

I am actually meeting up with a couple of friends tonight (safely) for an outdoor dinner. It will be nice to get out and do something other than grocery shopping, errands, or something to do with legal stuff for my mom.
Good news.

We're going to try and go out to dinner later this afternoon/tonight too. Got to try and help support some of these poor businesses that have been just slammed during this whole deal.

Old 02-25-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good news.

We're going to try and go out to dinner later this afternoon/tonight too. Got to try and help support some of these poor businesses that have been just slammed during this whole deal.
That's great!

Covid has really destroyed some people. Never thought it would hit my family the way that it did.

Old 02-25-2021, 01:22 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
HI all,

That sounds good mlj. I think you've mentioned this, but sometimes I just drive for the sake of moving, changing scenery. I've worked through covid but the drive to and from work is on autopilot.

Speaking of covid, I got my first round vaccination yesterday. Arm has a small owie, but otherwise it was easy.

I'm 63 and I work in a health care field so my number came up. The crowd was mostly older than me, but really by only 5-10 years in most cases. When I was waiting to see if I'd start growing horns or something I looked around and thought to myself, "who are all these old people?" Then when the woman came around to set my next appointment I confirmed my date of birth and kinda went, "oh, that's right".

Old 02-25-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
That sounds good mlj. I think you've mentioned this, but sometimes I just drive for the sake of moving, changing scenery. I've worked through covid but the drive to and from work is on autopilot.

Speaking of covid, I got my first round vaccination yesterday. Arm has a small owie, but otherwise it was easy.

I'm 63 and I work in a health care field so my number came up. The crowd was mostly older than me, but really by only 5-10 years in most cases. When I was waiting to see if I'd start growing horns or something I looked around and thought to myself, "who are all these old people?" Then when the woman came around to set my next appointment I confirmed my date of birth and kinda went, "oh, that's right".
63 isn't old!

I am glad that the first round is done and that it went well.

I agree about taking drives. My fiancé and I would always do that and loved our time together. I like being able to be in the car by myself and blast the music or just enjoy the hum of the engine.

Old 02-25-2021, 01:49 PM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
I've been taking drives myself. I'll listen to a podcast and just drive around (partially for my mental health, and partially so my car doesn't sit for weeks and get the battery charged and the fluids moving.)

My parents got their second shots last week--my dad was fine, but it knocked my mom out for a couple of days. I haven't seen them since last July.

Old 02-25-2021, 01:53 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
I had the most physically painful 2 minutes of my life last night. I had my left upper molar tooth extracted. It was the first tooth extraction I went through. I am putting the really good dental coverage I have to good use and trying to fix my teeth. The next step will be a deep cleaning then aligners.

Old 02-25-2021, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Good news.

We go to some family or individually owned places and at a couple we've become regulars so we bought gift cards on line and ordered merchandise and whatever we could to help. In a couple of cases I know everything they have is in the restaurant. I'm pretty safe in my job, but I can imagine how hard this past year has been for small businesses.

Old 02-25-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
63 isn't old!

I am glad that the first round is done and that it went well.

I agree about taking drives. My fiancé and I would always do that and loved our time together. I like being able to be in the car by myself and blast the music or just enjoy the hum of the engine.
I think every couple that's getting serious should take at least a day trip together by car. My gf and I travel really well together and I think that says something about our compatibility.

When I'm by myself I'll listen to a podcast like fleetiebelle mentioned, or if not I've been known to sing in the car. And I can play note for note steering wheel guitar to anything Allman Brothers, Santana, or Hendrix. I totally nail Little Wing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships