Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 08:33 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I remember coming here when I was 16 and driving through the city at night. It was so pretty. The thing about that....is we drove lol. We didn't fly. But I'll try.

Unfortunately, my mom's friend's dad is sick, so that's why she stayed behind.

I just dealt with it. They had tvs on the plane which helped a little. I'm thinking about getting some heavy duty sleeping meds to put me out for the return trip. Hopefully my anxiety won't override it. We're just planning to site see and shop.

Yeah my anxiety is terrible.

I literally just cried in the shower because it was peaking. It hasn't been THIS bad in years. I really need to take a chill pill. But my mind wanders.
Everything is going to be fine. You are halfway through the flying part. Try to just have a good time in one of planet Earth's all-time great cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 09:21 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

I can't see your image.

But there's a thread asking whether you think you are mature or immature, and I basically said yes (both). lol
that's weird, I can, and I see it in your response....
It's an Axolotl / Mexican Mudkip

Old 07-21-2017, 09:38 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
that's weird, I can, and I see it in your response....
It's an Axolotl / Mexican Mudkip
Okay, I can see it now. lol...

Old 07-21-2017, 09:43 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Okay, I can see it now. lol...
I thought I may be schizophrenic, I also woke up from my cat nap slapping a mouse off of me earlier. I doubt if there was one...

Old 07-21-2017, 09:57 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
I remember coming here when I was 16 and driving through the city at night. It was so pretty. The thing about that....is we drove lol. We didn't fly. But I'll try.

Unfortunately, my mom's friend's dad is sick, so that's why she stayed behind.

I just dealt with it. They had tvs on the plane which helped a little. I'm thinking about getting some heavy duty sleeping meds to put me out for the return trip. Hopefully my anxiety won't override it. We're just planning to site see and shop.

Yeah my anxiety is terrible.

I literally just cried in the shower because it was peaking. It hasn't been THIS bad in years. I really need to take a chill pill. But my mind wanders.
Not a huge fan of flying. About two hours in to a flight I'm ready to get out. For me the takeoff is the worst part in my mind. About 12,000 feet up I'm good. At cruising altitude it's good. Turbulence sucks, but is livable.

Becoming a pilot is on the list of things I want to do.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:14 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Fun fact about, Aureliea, haha I hate flying.

We flew in this morning to NYC. My mom insisted on using a flight voucher and volunteered me to go with her best friend and her daughter. We get to the gate, they tell us they aren't coming at the last minute.

My mom is determined to go. Now I'm here and all I can think about is the flight home.

😧😧😧
When i was a 13 year old Army brat, we flew from NYC to Frankfurt, Germany (stopover in Shannon, Ireland). We all enjoyed our flight.

Dad was stationed by Mannheim for three years. I attended the first three years of high school there. We traveled all over Germany playing sports with other American high schools. Had a great time.

We came back to the U.S. by ship . We enjoyed the trip. Sailed past the "Statue of Liberty".

Try to have a good time & good flight home, darlin'.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
I've always loved flying, not so much for being trapped in the jet for hours on end as much as for the fact that I was going somewhere cool (and the return flight was viewed just as earnestly, for getting to return to my own bed). My first transatlantic flight was taken when I was just two years old and repeated many times to see my relatives, so 10+ hour flights are my norm. The time spent in the air is a necessary evil. Even with turbulence, I prefer the flight to the hassles of the airport. Dealing with other commuters, TSA, the naked body machine, unpack, repack, overweight checked bag, oversized carry on bag, potential theft of valuables, lines for miles, delays, missed flights, etc. all make for a lot more stress than I have ever experienced in the actual plane.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:22 PM

52,303 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I've always loved flying, not so much for being trapped in the jet for hours on end as much as for the fact that I was going somewhere cool (and the return flight was viewed just as earnestly, for getting to return to my own bed). My first transatlantic flight was taken when I was just two years old and repeated many times to see my relatives, so 10+ hour flights are my norm. The time spent in the air is a necessary evil. Even with turbulence, I prefer the flight to the hassles of the airport. Dealing with other commuters, TSA, the naked body machine, unpack, repack, overweight checked bag, oversized carry on bag, potential theft of valuables, lines for miles, delays, missed flights, etc. all make for a lot more stress than I have ever experienced in the actual plane.
I love to travel, or I should say I love being in new places, it's the hassles associated with travel that I dread far more than the actual flight.

We're going to Greece and Italy and wanna hit the rest of the countries that sit on the Mediterranean sea but again, it's just the thought of all of those travel hassles just makes me cringe thinking about it.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I love to travel, or I should say I love being in new places, it's the hassles associated with travel that I dread far more than the actual flight.

We're going to Greece and Italy and wanna hit the rest of the countries that sit on the Mediterranean sea but again, it's just the thought of all of those travel hassles just makes me cringe thinking about it.
I'm with you on that.

It's 2017. Can we not teleport yet???

Old 07-22-2017, 01:40 PM

52,303 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I already crabbed about this but we have to go to a baby shower today. I know it's a first world problem but damn, it's hot and swampy. LOL, IDK, I suppose it could be worse, I'm feeling that a hot wax in the eye would be more pleasant, but I digress....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships