Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 01:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I already crabbed about this but we have to go to a baby shower today. I know it's a first world problem but damn, it's hot and swampy. LOL, IDK, I suppose it could be worse, I'm feeling that a hot wax in the eye would be more pleasant, but I digress....
Hahahahaha baby shower!! I haven't been to one of those in SO long!

Behave, Chow. Or don't! Maybe you could dominate the baby shower games and then celebrate excessively.

The good news is you definitely won't be the only man who's not thrilled to be there. So maybe y'all can sequester yourselves off in another room somewhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 01:50 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Hahahahaha baby shower!! I haven't been to one of those in SO long!

Behave, Chow. Or don't! Maybe you could dominate the baby shower games and then celebrate excessively.

The good news is you definitely won't be the only man who's not thrilled to be there. So maybe y'all can sequester yourselves off in another room somewhere
I'm gonna load up the cargo pants with a couple of flasks.

I'll make it a fun day either way.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:08 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When i was a 13 year old Army brat, we flew from NYC to Frankfurt, Germany (stopover in Shannon, Ireland). We all enjoyed our flight.

Dad was stationed by Mannheim for three years. I attended the first three years of high school there. We traveled all over Germany playing sports with other American high schools. Had a great time.

We came back to the U.S. by ship . We enjoyed the trip. Sailed past the "Statue of Liberty".

Try to have a good time & good flight home, darlin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Everything is going to be fine. You are halfway through the flying part. Try to just have a good time in one of planet Earth's all-time great cities.
I appreciate the good luck wishes guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Not a huge fan of flying. About two hours in to a flight I'm ready to get out. For me the takeoff is the worst part in my mind. About 12,000 feet up I'm good. At cruising altitude it's good. Turbulence sucks, but is livable.

Becoming a pilot is on the list of things I want to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I've always loved flying, not so much for being trapped in the jet for hours on end as much as for the fact that I was going somewhere cool (and the return flight was viewed just as earnestly, for getting to return to my own bed). My first transatlantic flight was taken when I was just two years old and repeated many times to see my relatives, so 10+ hour flights are my norm. The time spent in the air is a necessary evil. Even with turbulence, I prefer the flight to the hassles of the airport. Dealing with other commuters, TSA, the naked body machine, unpack, repack, overweight checked bag, oversized carry on bag, potential theft of valuables, lines for miles, delays, missed flights, etc. all make for a lot more stress than I have ever experienced in the actual plane.
Quote:
I love to travel, or I should say I love being in new places, it's the hassles associated with travel that I dread far more than the actual flight.

We're going to Greece and Italy and wanna hit the rest of the countries that sit on the Mediterranean sea but again, it's just the thought of all of those travel hassles just makes me cringe thinking about it.
I think for me it's an issue of control and not being able to get out if something goes wrong. My anxiety isn't THAT bad during the actual flight but I am on edge most of the time. I do a crap ton of research about EVERYTHING before I go lol.

When I land back home, I probably won't step on another airplane for a WHILE. Never if I can help it lol.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:33 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,338,397 times
Quote:

Good man.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:15 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:

I like your thinking.

Old 07-22-2017, 06:26 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I think for me it's an issue of control and not being able to get out if something goes wrong.
Me too! I'm claustrophobic though! I picture scratching my way out through the roof if I have to ride in the back seat of a car even! Did you think of having a drink maybe?
I'm proud of you for not spazzing out! Just one more thing you know you can survive. Now have fun with it!

Old 07-22-2017, 10:05 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Me too! I'm claustrophobic though! I picture scratching my way out through the roof if I have to ride in the back seat of a car even! Did you think of having a drink maybe?
I'm proud of you for not spazzing out! Just one more thing you know you can survive. Now have fun with it!
Be careful with the drinks or sedatives on a flight though - can't forget the woman who took an Ambien and woke up to the realization that the creepo pervert seated next to her had sexually assaulted her during a period of sleep; she found traces of lotion on her thigh and in her nethers and he was making small talk to her about how much she enjoyed him taking care of her, wink wink nudge nudge.

>insert puking emoticon here<

Old 07-22-2017, 10:19 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Be careful with the drinks or sedatives on a flight though - can't forget the woman who took an Ambien and woke up to the realization that the creepo pervert seated next to her had sexually assaulted her during a period of sleep; she found traces of lotion on her thigh and in her nethers and he was making small talk to her about how much she enjoyed him taking care of her, wink wink nudge nudge.

>insert puking emoticon here<
Omg Yucky....a beheading would be in order. 🔪
I'd have a drink, but I don't take anything stronger than aspirin. Due to that need to be in control thing I got.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:31 AM

622 posts, read 396,373 times
Quote:
Fun fact about, Aureliea, haha I hate flying.
Quote:
I just dealt with it. They had tvs on the plane which helped a little. I'm thinking about getting some heavy duty sleeping meds to put me out for the return trip. Hopefully my anxiety won't override it. We're just planning to site see and shop.

Yeah my anxiety is terrible.

I literally just cried in the shower because it was peaking. It hasn't been THIS bad in years. I really need to take a chill pill. But my mind wanders.
Quote:
I think for me it's an issue of control and not being able to get out if something goes wrong. My anxiety isn't THAT bad during the actual flight but I am on edge most of the time. I do a crap ton of research about EVERYTHING before I go lol.

When I land back home, I probably won't step on another airplane for a WHILE. Never if I can help it lol.
I am terrified of flying. Just standing in an airport and feeling the vibrations from the planes outside makes me want to run screaming from the building. I applaud your courage to overcome your fears and get on that plane! I've yet to find the courage to do that. Someday!

Old 07-23-2017, 02:18 AM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
For me the scariest part of flying is the take off. The plane has to gain so much speed to get lift and on those little small wheels as the plane is flying down the runway at 90+ mph and those two or three seconds before actually getting into the air the plane is moving so fast and it starts to sorta shaking a bit, like it's going to fall apart, then you can instantly tell when the wheels are up and it gets smooth again.....

That to me is worse than landing because every landing I've had I've been in a window seat and you can see how controlled the approach is and the slight little bump when wheel hits you know that you're golden, unless of course you in NYC and other places where the runways are super short and if they lose braking power... well, you're in the water or in someone's backyard....... LOL, there's always that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships