Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 03:14 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

I checked my email this morning and in my spam folder was an email from ashleymadison.com I feel like I need to take a bath. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 03:19 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
lol No, seriously, the two-minute silence is nice.
Do you have any rituals for Memorial Day?

Old 05-29-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Beer and Bar B Que is the typical fat assed American tradition.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've always said I'd feel more at home in USA than here mate!

Old 05-29-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I've always said I'd feel more at home in USA than here mate!
London is on the bucket list to visit. I'm really more interested in hitting up all of the countries that sit on the Mediterean sea.

Yeah, I worked with a guy from England several years back and he ranted and raved about how great America is versus where he was from so who knows. For everyone that likes it here you probably have others that says it sucks here.

We have our flaws, but overall I don't have any desire to leave this country for a permanent basis.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:32 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Quote:
^^^That's a big part of it. lol

Lowering the flag to half-mast. People visit the cemeteries, obviously, and some people volunteer to decorate the graves with US flags.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
London is on the bucket list to visit. I'm really more interested in hitting up all of the countries that sit on the Mediterean sea.

Yeah, I worked with a guy from England several years back and he ranted and raved about how great America is versus where he was from so who knows. For everyone that likes it here you probably have others that says it sucks here.

We have our flaws, but overall I don't have any desire to leave this country for a permanent basis.
Oh you and sea would LOVE Ibiza, south of Spain and a few Greek islands mate as that's where all us brits worship as it's the " sun, sea and sex " culture... Come home from a club at 7am..... Pass out on the beach to catch some rays ..... then back to the hotel for a wash and change of clothes...... then repeat!

No you're right the amount of brits I know that love it there and it is a much better lifestyle than here, plus every bloke I know that's gone there has fallen in love and never seen again!... I know us Brits are popular over there but f me you Americans must be a cut above to put up with us full time

Jokes aside I think it's my no 1 dream place to live not just for the country but the people mainly

Old 05-29-2017, 03:35 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:

The fact that he lived in Santa Barbara for some of that time couldn't have hurt. lol

Old 05-29-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
^^^That's a big part of it. lol

Lowering the flag to half-mast. People visit the cemeteries, obviously, and some people volunteer to decorate the graves with US flags.
That sounds quite lovely actually

That's the great thing at least people stop and show their respect one way or the other. Even the slightest gesture can mean the world to someone

Old 05-29-2017, 05:02 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
On my way to put flags out Friday, an SUV lost one of the kayaks from the roof in front of me. I was at least smart enough to "expect the unexpected" as they say, and avoided a real mess.

But damnit, I missed the service yesterday. I ended up going back today & ran in MG's riding buddy/best friend, so it turned out good at any rate.

I spent the rest of the weekend doggy-sitting a big ferocious rotty. (He only gets up for treats. He is not interested in ANYthing else.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships