Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2017, 04:06 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

You're lucky you aren't here, or I'd take you for a looooooooooooong drive on the backroads while listening to Allman Brothers the entire way.

Was all his music all about romance and love then?

No seriously I've not heard of him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2017, 04:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Was all his music all about romance and love then?

No seriously I've not heard of him
If you ever saw this show, that is an Allman Brothers song, although it doesn't really feature Gregg Allman as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQh6zbVQnQI

But yep, love and love gone wrong = a main theme of the blues, so it was a main theme for them.

And for anyone I take out on the backroads.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
If you ever saw this show, that is an Allman Brothers song, although it doesn't really feature Gregg Allman as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQh6zbVQnQI

But yep, love and love gone wrong = a main theme of the blues, so it was a main theme for them.

And for anyone I take out on the backroads.
Oh my EVERYONE knows that show and the theme

Hahahaha i feel silly now lol

Thank you

Old 05-27-2017, 04:56 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Oh my EVERYONE knows that show and the theme

Hahahaha i feel silly now lol

Thank you
Not everyone...I've never seen that show before, and I think the Allman Brothers might have been just before my time and/or not a genre I listened to. My earliest memories of music include The Beach Boys greatest hits album and a Sonny and Cher album in my parents' record collection. The first album I got myself was Blondie's Autoamerican when I was about 10. After that it was almost exclusively British New Wave and Alt music: The Cure, Dépêche Mode, Nik Kershaw, Duran Duran, PSB, Bronski Beat, Simply Red, The Police/Sting, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Visage, Modern English, Blancmange, Madness, Spandau Ballet, Wham!, Bananarama, Haircut 100, Belouis Some, etc.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:02 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Not everyone...I've never seen that show before, and I think the Allman Brothers might have been just before my time and/or not a genre I listened to. My earliest memories of music include The Beach Boys greatest hits album and a Sonny and Cher album in my parents' record collection. The first album I got myself was Blondie's Autoamerican when I was about 10. After that it was almost exclusively British New Wave and Alt music: The Cure, Dépêche Mode, Nik Kershaw, Duran Duran, PSB, Bronski Beat, Simply Red, The Police/Sting, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Visage, Modern English, Blancmange, Madness, Spandau Ballet, Wham!, Bananarama, Haircut 100, Belouis Some, etc.
Do you remember the first orginal KROQ here. They used to play all of that early new wave from the 80's. They went more alt rock as time went on.

Back in those days I wouldn't have been caught dead listening that that stuff. I'm am and was more of a hardcore metalhead in those days.

LOL, right now I've got Sirius's First wave streaming as I type this. Once I got older I really expanded my music selection.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I meant over here as it's a HUGELY popular show my love my apologies for not being clearer.

Well my first memory of music was actually a beach boys song and I think my first ever crush was on Belinda Carlisle as i LOVED her album cover ( Picture below ) when I was about 4 so remember few of her classics
Yes I LOVE 80s music and I love the era if honest.

Save a prayer by Duran Duran, it's my life by talk talk, same old scene by roxy music and take on me by a ha are a few of my favourite songs from the decade
Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-img_7451.jpg  

Old 05-27-2017, 05:27 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
The first album I got myself was Blondie's Autoamerican when I was about 10. After that it was almost exclusively British New Wave and Alt music: The Cure, Dépêche Mode, Nik Kershaw, Duran Duran, PSB, Bronski Beat, Simply Red, The Police/Sting, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Visage, Modern English, Blancmange, Madness, Spandau Ballet, Wham!, Bananarama, Haircut 100, Belouis Some, etc.
OMG you just named the playlist of every mixtape I ever made in high school LOL

Sting was my "one true love" back then. ������

Quote:

Save a prayer by Duran Duran, it's my life by talk talk, same old scene by roxy music and take on me by a ha are a few of my favourite songs from the decade
Embarrassing memory of the day: I was belting it out along with Save a Prayer , which was on the radio while I was in the shower one morning, and my dad started banging on the bathroom door yelling at me to hurry up and get out, that I wasn't on American Top 40.

Oi, I have a lot of embarrassing shower stories.

Roxy Music!!

Old 05-27-2017, 08:03 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Saw this on my feed.

Attached Thumbnails
CDR Chat Thread #31-pic_n-1-.jpg  

Old 05-27-2017, 09:38 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do you remember the first orginal KROQ here. They used to play all of that early new wave from the 80's. They went more alt rock as time went on.

Back in those days I wouldn't have been caught dead listening that that stuff. I'm am and was more of a hardcore metalhead in those days.

LOL, right now I've got Sirius's First wave streaming as I type this. Once I got older I really expanded my music selection.
Yes - Jed the Fish, Rodney Bingenheimer, mornings with Richard Blade and The Poorman, the original Loveline before (and with) Drew Pinsky, etc. It was all New Wave back then. When I moved back to the US in 1997, they had already changed the genre to alt rock, and Kevin and Bean did the morning show. Back in the day I listened to KROQ and KIQQ with no shame - I also listened to KLOS and KMET. I listened to everything but country.

Quote:
I meant over here as it's a HUGELY popular show my love my apologies for not being clearer.

Well my first memory of music was actually a beach boys song and I think my first ever crush was on Belinda Carlisle as i LOVED her album cover ( Picture below ) when I was about 4 so remember few of her classics
Yes I LOVE 80s music and I love the era if honest.

The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds remains in the top five albums of all time in popular music. Do you remember which song it was? In My Room was among my favorites but after Bowie's rendition of God Only Knows, I decided that was my all time fave BB song.

Belinda Carlisle was the lead singer of the Go-Go's - who were hugely popular here when I was a wee girl in grade school. My sister and friends from school made our own girl group based on the Go-Go's, and I was the lead singer (Carlisle) - my sister was Kathy Valentine and the girl who lived across the street was Jane Wiedlin. Speaking of Jane, her solo work wasn't bad - loved the duet "Cool Places" that she did with the guy from the band Sparks.

ETA - I found it!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNKIba_yZJo

Quote:
OMG you just named the playlist of every mixtape I ever made in high school LOL

Sting was my "one true love" back then. ������

Embarrassing memory of the day: I was belting it out along with Save a Prayer , which was on the radio while I was in the shower one morning, and my dad started banging on the bathroom door yelling at me to hurry up and get out, that I wasn't on American Top 40.

Oi, I have a lot of embarrassing shower stories.

Roxy Music!!
Sting was your one true love - aren't you glad you dodged that bullet now? I read about him and his wife Trudy and their 24-hr tantric sex sessions. Gag! He is still one of pop music's best lyricists, though.

I loved Roxy Music - and followed Bryan Ferry's solo career too. Duran Duran was referred to as the 'Fab Five' for a reason - hit machine! I loved the stuff they did with the spin out groups too, Arcadia and Power Station.

You've got embarrassing shower stories, I've got embarrassing girl band stories - see reply above to LC!

Last edited by DontH8Me; 05-27-2017 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Add video

Old 05-27-2017, 09:53 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
And you know you still dance like Patty Smyth or Belinda Carlisle!
The 80s, when MTV had music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50-gOeBilc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships