Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 09:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,314,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
So to summarize. You don't really approach women, but you reject every woman who approaches you. It begs the question of how you became "engaged" to two different women in the past 8 months.
*Sigh* here comes the broken record for the hundredth time I was engaged to one woman who I loved very much, not two. I will ask this respectfully please don't bring her up again. You can have any issue you want with me but don't bring her up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 09:34 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,196,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Wouldn't they have other men asking them out so they would not need to ask out a dude who probably isn't interested in them anyway?
She may not have liked the other guys who asked her out. So naturally, she passed on those options.

Or, some guys will assume she's taken, or will say no. So they don't bother to ask and find she's single.

Or it's both. Guy ask her out, and she goes on dates. But if a man catches her eye, she's got no problem asking him out.

Thing is, all women don't get bombarded by guys when they leave the house. And for anyone, men and women. If they sit around waiting for people to come to them, then they usually won't get much.

Waiting on approaches is something only very hot people can get away with. Others are going to have to be more forward, or more social. Because they can't just walk out, and turn heads with their beauty, where they'd be getting asked out often.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
She may not have liked the other guys who asked her out. So naturally, she passed on those options.

Or, some guys will assume she's taken, or will say no. So they don't bother to ask and find she's single.

Or it's both. Guy ask her out, and she goes on dates. But if a man catches her eye, she's got no problem asking him out.

Thing is, all women don't get bombarded by guys when they leave the house. And for anyone, men and women. If they sit around waiting for people to come to them, then they usually won't get much.

Waiting on approaches is something only very hot people can get away with. Others are going to have to be more forward, or more social. Because they can't just walk out, and turn heads with their beauty, where they'd be getting asked out often.
"Women don't get bombarded by guys when they leave the house." I respectfully disagree. If a woman is at least average looking she's getting asked out all the time. I'm an observer. The only way a woman doesn't get asked out is she gives off a very b***** vibe and most women are nice to the men who approach.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:06 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post

I agree. I don't, the women in my family don't, and neither do my friends. I'd like to add, even if it was true it doesn't matter, it's a petty first world issue at best. I'm not complaining.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:10 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
and most women are nice to the men who approach.
While trying to push them away by coming up with excuses like "I have a boyfriend", "I just got out of a bad relationship", "I'm too busy right now", etc. Then a lot of men end up wasting time and effort because they think they still have a chance. Nothing would change her mind if she wasn't attracted to the guy.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
While trying to push them away by coming up with excuses like "I have a boyfriend", "I just got out of a bad relationship", "I'm too busy right now", etc. Then a lot of men end up wasting time and effort because they think they still have a chance. Nothing would change her mind if she wasn't attracted to the guy.
Women have said that to me and I took it at face value and moved on. Bottom line they aren't interested so there's nothing more to discuss. Oh well.

Old 12-18-2016, 10:38 PM

170 posts, read 188,938 times
Okay, so what is the final Conclusion ?

Old 12-18-2016, 11:35 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,580,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequila4less View Post
Okay, so what is the final Conclusion ?
a lot of women (possibly even most women ?) have approached/flirted with/asked out at least one man in their lifetime. and sometimes (most of the time ?) its so subtle that youd have to be sherlock to pick up the clues. i assume mostly only above average guys are asked out.

i feel that most approaches (90 % ?) are initiated by men. probably only the below average girls are mostly ignored.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:46 PM

64 posts, read 39,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i assume mostly only above average guys are asked out.
Sweet. There's a good chance that I'm above average.
Considering that I've been asked out numerous times, can I assume that I'm well above average?

Old 12-19-2016, 12:04 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
JME:

Noooooo way on the above-average thing...most women I know, myself included, are far more likely to ask out someone we are more sure will say yes. That isn't usually Mr. Gorgeous with the ten girls hanging off him waiting for a chance to claw their way over their competitors.

I would not ask a man out unless he seemed VERY accessible; natural, genuine, less ego, probably a tad dorky as that's what I go for, and...showing signs he liked me. Clear signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships