Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 12:07 AM

64 posts, read 39,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
JME:

Noooooo way on the above-average thing...most women I know, myself included, are far more likely to ask out someone we are more sure will say yes. That isn't usually Mr. Gorgeous with the ten girls hanging off him waiting for a chance to claw their way over their competitors.

I would not ask a man out unless he seemed VERY accessible; natural, genuine, less ego, probably a tad dorky as that's what I go for, and...showing signs he liked me. Clear signs.
That makes more sense.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 07:53 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,538,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueQueuedQuarks View Post
Seems obvious.
Yes it does doesn't it?.... But sometimes the obvious answer is the right one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Wouldn't they have other men asking them out so they would not need to ask out a dude who probably isn't interested in them anyway?
I see what you're saying mate but you yourself actually answered this in the best way possible earlier in the thread ..... " Just that people approach it doesn't mean it necessarily make them options " ( or to that effect ).... And it's spot on diss

If you're not interested in someone for whatever reason then they won't be viable so it's natural to go after one that does interest you. Sure they might say no but nothing ventured nothing gained

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Good point sometimes I feel I am my own worst enemy sometimes. One woman hurt me and now my guard is up towards them all just so I don't go through that pain again.
It will only hurt you in the long run mate.... Personally like I've said I've had a few bad moments but I take a positive from them by using it as a guide so I can recognise and anticipate certain traits/things happening and therefore I can act accordingly

Being wise and having your wits about you in certain situations is great but if you automatically assume or fear the worst and basically have your guard up from the start then you'll forget that any lady you have met is an individual and most probably ruin any chance you have mate

Old 12-19-2016, 08:30 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,044,485 times
Quote:
Good point sometimes I feel I am my own worst enemy sometimes. One woman hurt me and now my guard is up towards them all just so I don't go through that pain again.

Your "guard is up" because of something that happened in high school? Not because your "fiancée" died a few weeks ago?

Oh. Interesting.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:01 AM

29,752 posts, read 34,422,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I agree. I don't, the women in my family don't, and neither do my friends. I'd like to add, even if it was true it doesn't matter, it's a petty first world issue at best. I'm not complaining.
Yeah, I can't tell you when the last time I was actually asked out while out was out and about. I leave the house fairly often, so by this board's logic I must be a hideous toad, right?

Old 12-19-2016, 09:08 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,196,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, I can't tell you when the last time I was actually asked out while out was out and about. I leave the house fairly often, so by this board's logic I must be a hideous toad, right?
Same here. My last approach was around 3 years ago, while I was working. Some random guy rides over on a bike while I was outside, and asks for my number -without even telling me his name, we don't know each other, and hadn't talked for 5 min. If I am out with someone, they may tell me a guy is staring at me. But staring =/= approaching. And plenty of people stare at me. Other girls and children do that, because for some reason my complexion is fascinating to many around here.

So I guess the 3 of us are like this "lady."
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...3_original.png

Last edited by HappyRain; 12-19-2016 at 09:45 AM..

Old 12-19-2016, 09:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,025,424 times
Quote:
Exactly. Any even mildly average woman without a hunchback, unmedicated Tourette's Syndrome or suppurating facial sores must kick men out of the way like a giant marble ball knocking down pins every time she opens the front door to grab her mail. I am sorry. Obviously you are a troglodyte, old (greater than 24) and have seven kids with six babydaddies because you accidentally recycled one of the men instead of deliberately sleeping around like all feminists do.

How about getting plastic surgery and if possible, growing younger and more obviously fertile? Then some absolute utter loser might settle for you. I have an appointment with the Ring of Power tomorrow at but I hear they have an opening at 9? Meet me there, my ugly sister!!

Last edited by JerZ; 12-19-2016 at 09:47 AM..

Old 12-19-2016, 09:46 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,354,660 times
Quote:
With so many women getting attention from men it makes me wonder as well. Oh and I know someone is going to say most women don't get attention but I don't buy it at all.
Can't say I buy that either. But then it depends on the area. Chandler, AZ is filled with desperate people.

Last edited by TJenkins602; 12-19-2016 at 10:07 AM..

Old 12-19-2016, 09:49 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,728,944 times
Quote:
And I must that and a complete narcissistic "w"itch!!! Huh, who knew?!

Old 12-19-2016, 09:50 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,354,660 times
Quote:
"Women don't get bombarded by guys when they leave the house." I respectfully disagree. If a woman is at least average looking she's getting asked out all the time. I'm an observer. The only way a woman doesn't get asked out is she gives off a very b***** vibe and most women are nice to the men who approach.
Even then, that doesn't always work in her favor (if she doesn't want to be bothered).

Old 12-19-2016, 09:52 AM

151 posts, read 126,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Exactly. Any even mildly average woman without a hunchback, unmedicated Tourette's Syndrome or suppurating facial sores must kick men out of the way like a giant marble ball knocking down pins every time she opens the front door to grab her mail. I am sorry. Obviously you are a troglodyte, old (greater than 24) and have seven kids with six babydaddies because you accidentally recycled one of the men instead of deliberately sleeping around like all feminists do.

How about getting plastic surgery and growing you younger and more obviously fertile? Then some absolute utter loser might settle for you. I have an appointment with the Ring of Power tomorrow at but I hear they have an opening at 9? Meet me there, my ugly sister!!
And of course all of the men who approached were millionaire philanthropists who stopped by to say hello after their GQ photoshoots, right?

That's the thing that always confuses me about the leap in logic (and I've seen it a few times on here) of "any woman worth her salt has tons of men talking to her; therefore, why would she be talking to me?" I can probably count on one hand the number of times one of my female friends has told me about someone walking up to her out of the blue, or I've seen it myself in person, and the context wasn't "wow, this dude is really annoying and/or creepy." So yeah, even among the women who get plenty of attention in their day-to-day lives, the vast majority of it is probably not in a good way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships