Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:16 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,939,919 times

Advertisements

OMG!! Are you people serious??? So many stereotypes flying around.

I consider myself a Northern woman and I'm not b*tchy at all! All women, no matter where they live are different.

I live in NE Ohio and you will see all kinds here: the fake, bleach blonde chicks that go tanning way too much, the homely looking girls that can't get a date, the girls that go to the bar every weekend and play games, the educated, go getter types, the tomboys, etc. I could go on and on.

I consider myself the girl next door type. I care about my appearance, but i don't spend hours getting ready. I wear very little makeup, no foundation, and i don't spend a ton of money on clothes and getting my hair and nails done. I realize that most guys really don't like girls that wear a lot of makeup. Don't get me wrong, i like to look good and people tell me I'm pretty, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to look like someone I'm not.

I don't play games. I'm honest and open, almost to a fault. If i like a guy he will know, but I'm not going to call him every minute of the day either. I'm opinionated, but i don't force my opinions down people's throats. I don't like to cook and clean, but i can bake and I'm good w/money. I love baseball, the browns and the buckeyes. I'm patriotic, but i can't stand W. I consider myself an Independent. I believe in questioning authority, but respecting elders. I love history. I'm a deeper person than outside appearances.

I wish people would realize that all girls Northern and Southern are different!!!!

I'm an ALL-AMERICAN GIRL!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 11,586 times
Thanks for making me laugh! Well I may have been born in Mississippi, but Daddy was in the army, so didn't do much more than visit. Wound up living in Syracuse, NY for 20 years and then in Connecticut for 10. Now I'm in Alabama. There is a difference between the styles of southern and northern women. I land on the side of the north I suppose because I am a direct kind of woman who doesn't like beating around the bush. I do find that I also enjoy the ability of southerners to be open and welcoming. I haven't come across too many of the "big hair, dripping sugar, overly religious ones". I dislike manipulation of any kind. I prefer honesty while giving thought to a person's feelings. I have found that in both northern and southern women. There is way too much sterotyping!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfmct View Post
Thanks for making me laugh! Well I may have been born in Mississippi, but Daddy was in the army, so didn't do much more than visit. Wound up living in Syracuse, NY for 20 years and then in Connecticut for 10. Now I'm in Alabama. There is a difference between the styles of southern and northern women. I land on the side of the north I suppose because I am a direct kind of woman who doesn't like beating around the bush. I do find that I also enjoy the ability of southerners to be open and welcoming. I haven't come across too many of the "big hair, dripping sugar, overly religious ones". I dislike manipulation of any kind. I prefer honesty while giving thought to a person's feelings. I have found that in both northern and southern women. There is way too much sterotyping!
How do you know there is way too much stereotyping? Maybe we've met the people upon whom the stereotypes are based!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM

739 posts, read 2,187,522 times
Northern women and southern women both put there pants on one leg at a time.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:56 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
OMG!! Are you people serious??? So many stereotypes flying around.

I consider myself a Northern woman and I'm not b*tchy at all! All women, no matter where they live are different.

I live in NE Ohio and you will see all kinds here: the fake, bleach blonde chicks that go tanning way too much, the homely looking girls that can't get a date, the girls that go to the bar every weekend and play games, the educated, go getter types, the tomboys, etc. I could go on and on.

I consider myself the girl next door type. I care about my appearance, but i don't spend hours getting ready. I wear very little makeup, no foundation, and i don't spend a ton of money on clothes and getting my hair and nails done. I realize that most guys really don't like girls that wear a lot of makeup. Don't get me wrong, i like to look good and people tell me I'm pretty, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to look like someone I'm not.

I don't play games. I'm honest and open, almost to a fault. If i like a guy he will know, but I'm not going to call him every minute of the day either. I'm opinionated, but i don't force my opinions down people's throats. I don't like to cook and clean, but i can bake and I'm good w/money. I love baseball, the browns and the buckeyes. I'm patriotic, but i can't stand W. I consider myself an Independent. I believe in questioning authority, but respecting elders. I love history. I'm a deeper person than outside appearances.

I wish people would realize that all girls Northern and Southern are different!!!!

I'm an ALL-AMERICAN GIRL!!!!!!

You could be describing me there. And I am not taking offense with your post, I liked it.

Except I was born in MS, so am a Southern woman. My hair is not big, I do not like to wear makeup, and am straight forward in my views and do not mind to voice those views. I don't go around calling people honey, sugar, sweetie pie, etc. My nails might get done if I have a very special occasion, and then the lady that does them simply shakes her head and says, those poor hands and nails, what do you do to them??? But....I am nice and consider myself very honest. I have Northern and Southern friends. I don't like gossip, and tend to stir my friends into a new topic when they start with it. I don't have time for gossip, I am married to a work a holic and some of that has rubbed off on me. I love baseball (especially if my son is playing) gave up on the majors during the strike, and am a die hard NFL fan. I don't do college football, and could care less what is en vogue with style unless I have a function to go to that my black dress can't work. If you cuss in my presence I won't swoon, faint or act shocked...if you make me mad enough, I might make you blush.

I am proud of my Southern heritage, but don't wear it on my shoulder. And I tend to leave the War to History. I don't fall into giggles when a nice looking man walks by, nor do I give him the impression I am an airhead. I am college educated and can hold my own in most any environment.

So, not all Southern women are as have been portrayed; nor are all Northern women as they have been portrayed.

I am simply an All American Gal who does not have time for petty things.

And, Bless Y'alls lil hearts. LOL.

Last edited by aiangel_writer; 02-27-2008 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: clairification to poster that I was not disagreeing with them.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
There is nothing sexier than a Southern woman walking down the path barefoot after a rain wearing a little cotton dress and no underwear.

Except maybe a Jewish Communist Lesbian from New York City about to get it on with a Goth Chick from California.
Wow, what did someone put in your drink? LOL.

The second vision is not good...not good at all. But, if I may ask, will they be doing the deed in a fir forest somewhere near Eugene, Oregon?

After writing it, I realized my choice of locale is open to interpretation.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:23 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfmct View Post
Wound up living in Syracuse, NY for 20 years and then in Connecticut for 10. Now I'm in Alabama. There is a difference between the styles of southern and northern women. I land on the side of the north I suppose because I am a direct kind of woman who doesn't like beating around the bush.

I dislike manipulation of any kind.
Yes, exactly, those of us who have lived in numerous regions see the differences. We are just pointing them out. They exist and they aren't "hit you over the head." In most cases, they are subtle, as people are people.

We've glossed over the Midwesterners, for instance. I went to grad school in the Midwest. I found them to be the most genuine and easiest to get along with than of any of the other groups (North, South, West, Pacific Northwest, for instance). A very pleasant blend of honest, hospitable and mannered.

For your manipulation comment, a rep point.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:16 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,005 times
Ahem, does Holland Michigan and Indianapolis Indiana count as North enough for you guys? I've been there, done that and believe me, we are not all as have been portrayed. I stand by what I said.

I have been to almost every state in this country, lived in quite a few, visited outside the country, so I am not some little dim witt who has not left the county down here.

Of course in the huge scheme of things, I guess it really doesn't matter what any of us think. LOL.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:20 AM

217 posts, read 879,428 times
I got a chuckle out of the big hair comments on southern women.

Go to New Jersey or Long Island if you want to see some big hair!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:34 AM

314 posts, read 719,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
There is nothing sexier than a Southern woman walking down the path barefoot after a rain wearing a little cotton dress and no underwear.

Except maybe a Jewish Communist Lesbian from New York City about to get it on with a Goth Chick from California.
Tried to give you reps but the system won't let me. You paint such vivid word pictures-sometimes scary-but always vivid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships