Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times

Advertisements

I don`t know if there is much diffrence really..
I do know that if your from the North, and move to the South, God forbid, don`t tell anybody! Course, they will probably guess anyway with the Northern accent. Don`t try to fake the Southern accent either. It sounds silly. LOL...

Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 AM

58 posts, read 332,892 times
Okay can we draw a line as to whats Northern and whats Southern?? Some people seem to think that "anything north of where they live" is northern

Example: I was born in Texas. I grew up in Arkansas. I now live in Texas with my husband who was born and raised here although he claims Louisiana for some odd reason and says he hates Texas. He proudly announces to anyone that he feels like talking to that He's married to a Yankee. I dont think Arkansas, Even North Arkansas is associated with the word Yankee or Northern or any of it.

My opinion is that Northern women are rude and southern women are annoying.

My mom went to Wisconsin to visit her friend who had Cancer and they were all outside around a fire talking BS and drinking and All these women started telling my mom that she wasn't anything because she didn't have enough diamonds and jewelry, in turn she told them they talked annoying and it sounded like they were whining about everything, and so all the men agreed with my mom and it turned out to be a big thing and my mom called home crying and wanting to be home..............jeez you go to visit a dying friend you would expect a little hospitality.....Or is that just a Southern thing?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 AM

58 posts, read 332,892 times
BTW Dont take this as a bad reflection on either one Im just stating what happened. There are good and bad everywhere.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy08 View Post
BTW Dont take this as a bad reflection on either one Im just stating what happened. There are good and bad everywhere.
Sorry to hear that your mom had a bed experience while trying to comfort a friend who is ill.

I have to agree that there are good and bad people no matter what. Like I stated in an earlier post..........I lived in the North and the South. I had met really horrible people and wonderful people from both regions.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
Sorry to hear that your mom had a bed experience while trying to comfort a friend who is ill.

I have to agree that there are good and bad people no matter what. Like I stated in an earlier post..........I lived in the North and the South. I had met really horrible people and wonderful people from both regions.
Exactly. When we moved here, my wife and I found that Southern women were different. At the same time, they were no worse or better than Northern women. Just different.

My experience is that when somebody moves down South and complains loudly about Southern women, that's probably a person with the people skills of a turnip. After all, it's a different culture down here and, if you're going to live in this part of the country, you need to understand that. Whining and complaining and accusing Southern women of Machiavellian behavior is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM

545 posts, read 2,044,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between southern women and northern women?
Discuss
REPLY: A very subjective question., but, I find southern women to be more down to earth, less stressed out, more sincere, having higher values and morals. , and have a clearer focus on whats truly important concerning the deeper issues of life, like a real dynamic personal relationship with God. I plan to move down South when i retire.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,564 times
From what I've gathered on this post (NOT what I personally think):

Northern women are b*tchy, aggressive, overly-independent minded, and are more attracted to the prep and Broski-Guido types who are loud-mouth and chauvinistic

Southern woman are fake-friendly, gossipy, image-obsessed, and are attracted to a man who is either mad-rich or the stereotypical NASCAR loving trailer-trash guys.

Even though I personally find Southern women more attractive (via their looks and accent), unfortunately, I do see these assumptions as true in many (but not all) cases. This is why I generally go for West Coast women (except for the LA types).

Old 04-21-2008, 02:52 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,399,012 times
there are awesome women everywhere but when it comes to a southern girl accent talking dirty that is the best!!!!!Or even not dirty talk but I love that southern twang.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:34 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
OMG!! Are you people serious??? So many stereotypes flying around.

I consider myself a Northern woman and I'm not b*tchy at all! All women, no matter where they live are different.

I live in NE Ohio and you will see all kinds here: the fake, bleach blonde chicks that go tanning way too much, the homely looking girls that can't get a date, the girls that go to the bar every weekend and play games, the educated, go getter types, the tomboys, etc. I could go on and on.

I consider myself the girl next door type. I care about my appearance, but i don't spend hours getting ready. I wear very little makeup, no foundation, and i don't spend a ton of money on clothes and getting my hair and nails done. I realize that most guys really don't like girls that wear a lot of makeup. Don't get me wrong, i like to look good and people tell me I'm pretty, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to look like someone I'm not.

I don't play games. I'm honest and open, almost to a fault. If i like a guy he will know, but I'm not going to call him every minute of the day either. I'm opinionated, but i don't force my opinions down people's throats. I don't like to cook and clean, but i can bake and I'm good w/money. I love baseball, the browns and the buckeyes. I'm patriotic, but i can't stand W. I consider myself an Independent. I believe in questioning authority, but respecting elders. I love history. I'm a deeper person than outside appearances.

I wish people would realize that all girls Northern and Southern are different!!!!

I'm an ALL-AMERICAN GIRL!!!!!!
I THINK I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
Northern man-" Honey get me a beer"
Northern woman-'' Who was your bi**h last week? Get your own beer.''

Southern man-''Honey get me a beer''
Southern woman-'' you want me to open that for ya baby? What channel is the Tennessee-Alabama game on? I'll flip it to the game while I'm up.''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.