Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post

You seriously don't know what a "popped collar" is?
How old are you?
If you live in an area with no popped-collar guidos, consider yourself lucky.
I never heard the term "popped collar" before.

I'm about three times as old as you, so maybe we just speak different languages.

When I was a teenager we used to wear our collars turned up like Elvis.

We thought we were cool.

So did the girls.

Except for the ones who wore those stupid poodle skirts.

They liked guys with flat top haircuts and who wore jock jackets with numbers on them.

Nobody would date the guys who wore those blue jackets with the big symbol on them and the letters FFA.

Except the girls who rode horses.

I was scared of horses.

And didn't play sports.

But I had a cool DA haircut.

And a turned up collar.

I think I must have been a guido.

Last edited by Fat Freddy; 04-24-2008 at 01:45 PM..

Old 05-04-2008, 10:30 AM

9 posts, read 27,538 times
Yes, not wanting too be a smart---elic'.........Northern women tend to live in the Northern areas and Southern women, in the southern areas..........What I am tryiny to say is...or ask....Why do we always try too sterotype people into groups?
Like 'southerners' eat corn-pone....or white boys can't jump......or blond-haired-girls have more fun.........come-on, we are all basicaly the same. Sure, there are some differences, but.......have you ever filled out a questionare....like one of the questions asking....do you like a. blonds....b. brunettes....c.redheads....ect., mark witch one you like the best? So you mark...blonds. But have you ever been with a readhead? How can we say that we like blonds the best when we have never been with one of the other choices? or that we like French women the best....slim over big......when it comes to men and women if we all were standing on our heads, naked, we'd all look alike.....make any sense?

Old 05-04-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinchi View Post

....when it comes to men and women if we all were standing on our heads, naked, we'd all look alike...
No we wouldn't.

We would look as different as we do if we were standing on our feet naked.

Except that we would all see each other upside down.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:50 PM

598 posts, read 2,074,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Actually, "northern" women tend to be attracted only to those guys that match their intellectual/education level (I'm talking about the professional, college-educated single young women in DC, NY, Boston, etc), or choose amongst their inner circle of friends or co-workers for partners. The only women I've seen who really go for the frat/prep types are in the south, like NC, SC, and Florida. Women in NY and DC don't like those types at all, and its hilarious watching them get rejected in bars and clubs over the weekends, with their stupid popped collars.
Actually, I think this is totally true. Northern women care A LOT about education and jobs. Most of us couldn't care less if someone comes from a "good family".

Old 05-04-2008, 07:29 PM

402 posts, read 1,015,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
I consider myself a little bit of both........I have lived in the North and South. I have pretty much always lived on the coast and a true beach girl so what does that make me??? hehe!

I think people are people no matter where they live.....I like the best of both worlds!
Good for you! I am asian and I can do the same! Southern women are just as fun as the northern women, but they are REALLY different! Southern women "are" just as materialistic as Northern women, but the big differnece is that Northern women don't need men to buy it for them...sorry to say (don't beat me up just me exp). The thing about Northern women they are so well traveled, educated...they are equals to men in so many ways....education, success in career, they are so highly independant. They are bold and to the point, but yet still maintain femininity.

I have lived in CA, TX and NYC so this my opinion. Southern women have that "southern" charm of hospitality that can't be matched by northern women, but for me...I like a challenge...northern women can smell a "fake" a mile away. You have to know about politics, business, fashion....in other words they are just more well rounded in all areas.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:56 PM

402 posts, read 1,015,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That's kind of what I was thinking. Having moved down south, I've gotten used to it. I have to admit that, when I traveled up to Philadelphia and Delaware on a biz trip recently, I found myself thinking, "Man, why are so many women up here dressed like slobs?"

As far as New York goes, I would agree that Manhattan is that way. But get into the other boroughs, and you wonder if these women look at themselves in the mirror before they go out.
I don't know about NJ, PA, but only NYC....that's the beauty of the East is that we do want we want and we women have the earning power earning power w/o a man then that South! NYC heart of fashion, I know if I carried a Gucci bag it was like "WOW", but in NYC I have Gucci shoes that cost $1k....that is the norm. Norhtern women like to look good, but when it comes to men we don't care about the status of what a man drives or how much money he makes we just a man that is well rounded. That is is he funny, intelligent, worldy and ect. The southern women are more concerned with how much money he makes. I know that I will get beat up over this, but I hang with the higher class in both worlds and this is what I have exp.

what is funny about the south is that I will get accepted by my cars, home, the designer purses that I carry, but the women in the north all carry designer purses and are equally "rich" as me...in other wordes, I am equal to them so I have to be more well rounded in everything outside the material world. I am not saying that all southern/northern women are this way but as a general. The reason I like northern women more is that it's harder to get in the circle because their standards who they want as friends are harder and I learn so much more from them than just "charm" of a personality. Anyone can "dress" up and look the part, but can you "talk" and are you earning and have just as much power as men?

It all comes down to preferences...as a women I like Northern women! And, isn't that funny because my best friend lives in TX. I still own a home in TX....

Old 05-05-2008, 09:59 AM

36 posts, read 119,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
You want an honest woman find a northern woman. We don't sugar coat a situation. Some southern women use what I'd call, false charm, anyone with a brain can see right through their little charade.

I am southern guy born and raised. You are sooo right.

I much prefer northern women to southern, sugar coating, stab you in the back, stuck up wenches.

Northern women will tell it like it is, and will tell it to your face.
Southern women will tell it like it is, to every one but YOU.

And most southern women can't handle my direct, blunt attitude. But to a northern woman I am just normal.

And class....... Northern women have so much more class and sense of style. And better hair. Not just flat, but they actually do something with it.

edit: and much much smarter too

(Now braces for flamage from southern women) Dave

Old 05-05-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLifes2shrt View Post

I know if I carried a Gucci bag it was like "WOW"
If you are meeting men who say "WOW" because you are carrying a Gucci bag, they are probably interested in dating your brother, not you.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:15 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between southern women and northern women?
Discuss
Yes, southern women live in the south, northern women live in the north.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:39 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,244,003 times
The stereotypes on this forum are disturbing! I am from the south, parents family is from the deep south( New Orleans) and went to university in the north.

People are people! They are groups of women I have met in the north and south that gossip, care too much about their hair, money, someone else's money, getting married, staying single at all costs, having children, breaking out in a rash at the thought of children, being good wives, being sleazy human beings, eating too much, starving themselves...my list can go on and on!

We are all the same.

Actually, this weekend, we went to our weekend home and took another family that I am having a blast getting to know. They are from New Jersey and are a great group. The wife, is the most AMAZING cook, gardener, homemaker, seamstress. From what I read on this post, ONLY southern women should have those qualities.

Now, my neighbor, a lifelong resident of the south, doesn't cook (never has!) , doesn't garden (never has), always had nannies (children are grown now) and runs a major non profit group. She is in her 60's and has 3 degrees, dressed to the "nine's" and is an absolute doll!!

We are all the same. We all have the same insecurittes but maybe just different ways of trying to cover them up!!

Love ya'll!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships