Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:49 PM

402 posts, read 1,016,382 times

Advertisements

Southern women buy Coach, Dooney, Gucci and Louis...Northern women buy Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Valintino.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:39 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nic529 View Post
There is one very big difference -

Northern women don't do womens work
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I have to disagree. My aformentioned southern debutant DIL does not cook, clean, or garden. She buys carry out and hires people to clean and garden... I'm talking she can't even plant a flower herself. Delightful girl, though.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I have to disagree. My aformentioned southern debutant DIL does not cook, clean, or garden. She buys carry out and hires people to clean and garden... I'm talking she can't even plant a flower herself. Delightful girl, though.
I'll bet everything gets done!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:21 AM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times
southern women, gossip, somethin awful....I think they are still a culture of women who feel like they HAVE to land a man....some of them are gems, comical, fun, but ohhhh my, it is difficult to win them over, and if they don't accept you, they can be very cruel.....

They are great cooks, beautiful women and loaded with a sense of humor...even when they are angry....they are graceful and all lady like...pretty gals, who have the time to take the time on themselves...

Northern women, tell you like it is and there are some incredibly beautiful Northern women....they are finally coming out of the concept that you have to be married...they are focusing on careers and education, which is extremely good for society...and they are very much into working out...
Nothern women, are sometimes brutally honest...but, I'd rather know where I stand, then have some honey bee sneak up and sting me, yanno....

We all have our flaws...all of us...it depends on what floats your boat...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
I think there's waaay too many stereotypes being cast here...AND on the thread about the differences between northern and southern men. There may be some cultural differences, but as someone pointed out early on, we are a very transient society permeated by the media. For example, I live in Dallas, Texas and I am a native Texan but all of my close friends are not originally from Texas. That's pretty typical of Dallas. And just for the record, I don't call everybody "honey," or "sugar," have "big hair" etc., etc.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 PM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I think there's waaay too many stereotypes being cast here...AND on the thread about the differences between northern and southern men. There may be some cultural differences, but as someone pointed out early on, we are a very transient society permeated by the media. For example, I live in Dallas, Texas and I am a native Texan but all of my close friends are not originally from Texas. That's pretty typical of Dallas. And just for the record, I don't call everybody "honey," or "sugar," have "big hair" etc., etc.
yes, but Kaykay, she asked, that is the topic...what are the differences...and I lived down south, and out in the south western states, Texas, OK and MO

By the way, how ya doing...it's been a while since I've seen you

hugs
creme

Old 03-04-2008, 12:46 PM

40 posts, read 273,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
southern women, gossip, somethin awful....I think they are still a culture of women who feel like they HAVE to land a man....some of them are gems, comical, fun, but ohhhh my, it is difficult to win them over, and if they don't accept you, they can be very cruel.....

We all have our flaws...all of us...it depends on what floats your boat...
As a transplant to the deep south of MS this is Exactly what I have observed. But here I have been told they don't consider texas as part of the south. Been here in MS going on 2 years and have not made any friends.
In my opinion northern women have always been more accepting and open to friendships and less cliquish.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:57 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,966,617 times
I love the syrupy Southern Georgia peach accent...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:59 PM

40 posts, read 273,105 times
haha......... you make it sound delicious! :P

Old 03-04-2008, 01:16 PM

214 posts, read 270,837 times
Being a thoroughbred southern girl from Alabama and now living in Alaska. I see some diffrences. Having lived a bit in Ohio, Chicago and Oklahoma.
Since I have been in Alaska people here make comments all the time on my southern slang and accent.

First off, debunking some of the sterotyping here, southern women don't gossip any more then any northern women.

Not all us southern women have big hair, for the most part were happy in pony tails.

Southern women do like to look pretty, take care of their nails and hair, their skin, but have no problem getting down and dirty to play hard with the good old boys. Southern women like a good cold beer, and can shoot whiskey, where alot of the northern women do the girlie girl fruity 20.00 drinks.

Northern women can be blunt and to the point, but also unnecessarily cruel and brass. Whereas southern women are raised to show respect, we have no problem being honest and direct to, but not bruital and insensitive.

Of coarse there is exceptions to the rules on both sides. I think northern women are better then southern women or southern women better then northern women. I thinks the individuals themselfs and who they are inside, not where they are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships