Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, but Kaykay, she asked, that is the topic...what are the differences...and I lived down south, and out in the south western states, Texas, OK and MO

By the way, how ya doing...it's been a while since I've seen you

hugs
creme
ok, ok, I guess the thread topic tends to invite generalities! I'm still here! How are you?

Old 03-04-2008, 02:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
dont know northern but know coastal real well. coastal you stare at them they will stick out their chest. in the south they will pop you in the mouth.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:15 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alley06 View Post
As a transplant to the deep south of MS this is Exactly what I have observed. But here I have been told they don't consider texas as part of the south. Been here in MS going on 2 years and have not made any friends.
In my opinion northern women have always been more accepting and open to friendships and less cliquish.
yes, I agree...although my DIL is not gem, they have lived down south for some years...and she has had a hard time making new friends...but I believe it is her personality, she either likes you or she doesn't....and if she doesn't she is mean and very rude, she doesn't realize that all of us have flaws and think differently, she takes a lot of what people say, personally....has very little confidence, and doesn't try to accomodate, everything is her, her, her, so I can see where she's probably gotten back, what she dished out.....she does not have a likeable character, and when around her, you feel like your always walking on egg shells, b/c if you say one thing out of order, your smoke....LOL...sad, but true

as for my girlfriend and I, we both lived down south (she still does) and although it takes time to make friends we did. (she is a hoot, fun, outgoing, confident, and loves to party, so she had no problem, and talks to everyone, she has a genuine charisma and any stranger is welcome to stop and talk)

I think, With the southern gals, you have to prove yourself, which I suppose is something of a protective wall....but once they do accept you...they will defend you to the end.

Women are women where ever you go...and I suppose, meaning no insult to anyone, simply thinking outloud..."we get out of it, what we put forth into it" or something like that.

I remember when I first moved to the Poconos, the first 5 years was a bit lonely....but, a lot of my friends from back home kept in touch and we visited each other a lot...but I became very active in community projects and work...so, that was a big help.

Women can be a real handful at times, but then, there is another side to them, that is so loyal...kind, loving...yanno?

Hugs to ya
Creme

Old 03-05-2008, 05:46 AM

64 posts, read 333,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower101 View Post
Is there a difference between southern women and northern women?
Discuss
Not much if they like you. Southern women may be more friendly if they don't know you, that doesn't mean they like you. Northern women may not say anything, that doesn't mean they don't like you.
The most difference is city folks and country folks. A small town farm girl from South Dakota will likely be nicer than a city girl from Atlanta.
Northern people tend to judge Southern people by what they see in Mayberry. Southern people tend to judge Northerners by what they see in New York City. That is too extreme.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:38 PM

402 posts, read 1,016,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, but Kaykay, she asked, that is the topic...what are the differences...and I lived down south, and out in the south western states, Texas, OK and MO

By the way, how ya doing...it's been a while since I've seen you

hugs
creme
Yes, I have found the same. I have lived in TX and CA. Northern women care more about if you are intelligent and fun to hang around with. They don't care that much about status.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:14 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,427,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I was always told that Northern women say "You may kiss me" and Southern women say "Y'ALL may kiss me"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Northern girl at the orgy prelude: "You, you, and you, kiss me right now."
Southern girl at the orgy prelude: "I'm gonna kiss y'all right now."

Southern guy at the orgy prelude: "Yes M'am."
Northern guy at the orgy prelude: "Kiss me here, no not there, HERE."
To paraphrase an old Junior League joke...
Why don't Southern women attend orgies?
Too many thank-you notes to write.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 9,352 times
Default about southern women

Hey Yall!

I am a southern women and I do not think we have "bigger hair" Yes we spend lots of time on hair, clothes, that sort of thing but "Bigger hair" Is not my style at all. As Far b####yness goes....Hell yea where bitchy... We are Tired!Down here we tend to have more children. But for the most part we do have alot fun. We are not as uptight as northern people.( By the way I was born in IL and moved down here at age 2) I think northern people are raised more strick . Who ever posted that us women gossip alot.. That Is SO True! There is alot of that. Also we like to joke alot. I have family up north and there aint no jokin with them. If you say somthin funny they look at you like (what she just say?) And Im like It was a joke but they seem to take things more seriously . But any how.. We are just like yall just alittle more layed back.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 AM

300 posts, read 1,179,690 times
Hmmm.. I haven't lived anywhere but Nebraska. There are some women here that spend too much time on their looks and their are some women here that don't. Here we seem to get a blend of both worlds. In small towns you get the more "southern" type of women and in the bigger cities you get the more "northern" type of women.
I've ALWAYS loved southern accents though!! Some of my family is from there and I am so jealous of the way they talk. Here we are so bland.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:23 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,864,142 times
I consider myself a little bit of both........I have lived in the North and South. I have pretty much always lived on the coast and a true beach girl so what does that make me??? hehe!

I think people are people no matter where they live.....I like the best of both worlds!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:10 AM

1 posts, read 9,241 times
Obviously the person that posted the comment about Heather Childers has not met her! Southern women may appear to be one way on the outside but be very different on the inside. Many of them claim to be Christians but do very unchristian like things. Southern women put on the sweet Southern Belle charm, but the moment you walk away the story is much different. I moved here 15 years ago and have lived in many different city's. I have never seen so much divorce as I have in this city! The Northern city's and people are just not like that. Northern women take pride in their families and education. A Northern women would not pray on another womens husband. Southern women use their charm to get what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships