Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 08:02 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,908,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
If it anything that this forum has taught me, is that people can excuse anything.

I am surprised at the number of people excusing this.
Me too. It's amazing to me how hard people will work to avoid saying that something is wrong. So many people would prefer to live in a gray area where they don't have to choose a side, and think it's ok to go through life occupying a "space" where things that one were immediate dealbreakers now are ok somehow.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-06-2017 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:04 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
So I have decided to go on a few more dates and just get a feel for her and if I see anything else that could be viewed as racist/prejudice I will break it off. She is very interesting, fun and really pretty otherwise. I really believe her. I really don't think she, or really other women would do Hitler-like things if it came down to it.

Score another one for the little head.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Score another one for the little head.
Well, you KNEW she had to be "really pretty" or else he would have run out at the first sight of a freaking swastika.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:12 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Me too. It's amazing to me how hard people will work to avoid saying that something is wrong. So many people would prefer to live in a gray area where they don't have to choose a side, and think it's ok to go through life occupying a "space" where things that one were immediate dealbreakers now are ok somehow.

[snip]
Agree to all of this, but especially the bolded.

Sometimes, things are just wrong, period. Unless, of course, you (general you) feel that there is nothing wrong with the symbol. And if that is the case, just be a woman/man about it and say so, ya know?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-06-2017 at 09:59 AM..

Old 02-06-2017, 08:22 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I would hang around for a few more dates to see where this goes. You can't really talk to her about this without sounding creepy. What are you going to say, I saw this interesting tattoo while your jeans slid down ? If and when you become intimate you could legitimately ask her about this...
I can't imagine waiting that long - even if 'that long' is the next time he sees her.
She and he undress and he sees it - talk about a major disruption...
When in doubt, ASK... And, no matter what her explanation is, if it IS as it appeared, get out of that 'relationship' YESTERDAY!

Old 02-06-2017, 08:29 AM

195 posts, read 161,290 times
You do know he could just have a little fun for awhile without marrying her or staying with her long term, right? Guys will overlook a lot for a beautiful woman.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:38 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,089,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post

But of course, give this woman the benefit of the doubt, because why not? She could be a spiritual or something. Nah. She's something, alright. Hindu isn't it.

Exactly, why not? She is probably hot and sexy and the guy does not have to marry her or even have a long lasting relationship if he finds that she has offensive views and is really a closet Nazi. As long as he does not lie to her about his intentions, I don't see a big issue...

Old 02-06-2017, 08:38 AM

277 posts, read 327,462 times
Out of the blue she asked if you had dated a Jewish girl?

Regardless of what religions or cultures have used the swastika in the past, the Nazi's use of the symbol has supplanted it's original meaning. In Western culture it was once a good luck symbol and you'd find it on any number of designs. But this was all before the usage of it by the Nazi's.

It's unlikely to the point of impossible to believe that someone tattooed a swastika on their body with anything else in mind other than the Nazis.

I'd be out the door the minute I saw such a thing.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratrock View Post
You do know he could just have a little fun for awhile without marrying her or staying with her long term, right? Guys will overlook a lot for a beautiful woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Exactly, why not? She is probably hot and sexy and the guy does not have to marry her or even have a long lasting relationship if he finds that she has offensive views and is really a closet Nazi. As long as he does not lie to her about his intentions, I don't see a big issue...
This kind of thinking is further proof that there really is a "least common denominator."

Hot and sexy? Sure, if you can get some, who cares if she is a NAZI.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:52 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
This kind of thinking is further proof that there really is a "least common denominator."

Hot and sexy? Sure, if you can get some, who cares if she is a NAZI.

You're assuming they aren't of the same mind. They may be Nazis as well This one is better looking than the ugly Nazis they've had to pick from. For some, it may be a question of attractive or unattractive, the ethics and character part is the common denominator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships