Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOfMs View Post
It's absolutely relevant.
Asking "did you ever date a Jew" =/= nazi

He did?
He asked about the tattoo. She said she got it at a different stage of her life.
What did he ask about her asking if he'd dated a Jew?
I may have missed that along the way.

She might be a disgusting racist Nazi
She might not
It might even be likely she's a disgusting racist Nazi
She might not

I'd advise the guy to talk to her over listening to the opinions of a bunch of people who've never met her.
But you're one of those people too.

They have been on 4 dates. So easy to just walk away. If I found out someone I had been married to for decades had a swastika tattoo and had it removed, I'd reconsider, I don't know, everything about the relationship. The tattoo alone is a really big deal. The question about dating a Jewish woman just adds some rancidity to the mix.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:06 AM

636 posts, read 393,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Because a person with a swastika tattoo that admittedly came from a place of hate asking the question
Hold up.
This is the crux of the matter.
You don't know that this is true.

They were talking about Israel, she asked if he'd dated a Jew. That seems reasonable.
She might also be a Nazi racist.

I recommend that he talks to her about it rather than listen to the people on CD who are just guessing.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
But you're one of those people too.
Right.
Which is why I'm not offering my opinion on whether or not she's a Nazi (whatever that really means in this day and age).
Because I don't know.
Neither does anyone else

Only she does. And she might not actually know either.

The world's not as black and white as that.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:09 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
Quote:
Hold up.
This is the crux of the matter.
You don't know that this is true.
What part of this comment from OP is unclear on the subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
So wanted to give an update: I talked to her about it, she said she got it when she was 19 and she was just really angry going through some life issues then and got involved with the wrong people. She said she doesn't have any racist or prejudice views and she would remove it but hasn't really had the money to.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
What part of this comment from OP is unclear on the subject?
It seems pretty clear to me
She says that she no longer has those beliefs.

Now, she may be telling the truth, or lying, or be unsure herself.

Thus, making a declarative statement like "dumb her, she's a Nazi" seems much more reactionary than "talk to her more and find out what she really believes"

Old 02-06-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
It seems pretty clear to me
She says that she no longer has those beliefs.

Now, she may be telling the truth, or lying, or be unsure herself.

Thus, making a declarative statement like "dumb her, she's a Nazi" seems much more reactionary than "talk to her more and find out what she really believes"
Sometimes "reaction" is not a bad thing.

I personally wouldn't waste my time on someone who is, at best, showing a supreme lack of awareness, but OP's little head has already made the choice.

And, seriously LOL at the idea that anything she says to him is going to change the little head's mind.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I personally wouldn't waste my time
No one is asking you to waste your time
Or who you would or wouldn't waste your time on

The OP asked for some advice.

The best advice certainly isn't to assume we know about this girl than none of us have met
The best advice, as in almost all relationship questions, is TALK TO THE PERSON.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
The best advice certainly isn't to assume we know about this girl than none of us have met
The best advice, as in almost all relationship questions, is TALK TO THE PERSON.
There ya go.

For the umpteenth time, he has and will most certainly ignore anything she says in favor of what his little head is telling him.

Hope the sex is worth it.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:37 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:

That is your best advice, and others are giving their best advice. You do not have a direct line to any type of truth.

The OP publicly asked for advice, and he is getting it.

Personally, I would drop anyone that had a swastika tattoo and asked that question. I would not even hesitate for a minute. Don't care that it was in youth, I could never respect anyone who had EVER had those beliefs.

It's only 4 dates in and there are way too many fish in the sea for that kind stuff.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That is your best advice, and others are giving their best advice. You do not have a direct line to any type of truth.
All advice is not equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships