Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 12:55 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
My first husband had the same on his hand and arm. He had no idea it was a symbol of anything, or its history. A childhood friend apparently did these homemade tattoos and it seemed like a great idea to his 14 year old self. So maybe my ex is not the only stupid person out there and she has a similar story. You won't know unless you ask.
That just reveals more about you tho, lol..

Old 02-08-2017, 01:00 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,032,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
That just reveals more about you tho, lol..
I didn't even last 18 months living with him as a married couple. We were married in our early 20's. I grew up, he has not.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:51 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,958,245 times
Quote:
My first husband had the same on his hand and arm. He had no idea it was a symbol of anything, or its history. A childhood friend apparently did these homemade tattoos and it seemed like a great idea to his 14 year old self. So maybe my ex is not the only stupid person out there and she has a similar story. You won't know unless you ask.
I wanted to highlight part of your post. But then I realized, it needs to stay whole.

See, CD people, there ARE clueless people out there. They DO exist. Doesn't mean they are datable or worth even talking to, but they DO exist.

OP, proceed with caution. You dont' want a racist or a dumb person if it is more than a booty call, do you?

Old 02-08-2017, 01:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
Quote:
And you married him anyways?

Old 02-09-2017, 03:01 AM

12 posts, read 7,795 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Maybe, just maybe she grew up in some broken home and hang out with the wrong people, and maybe, through growing up she realized how stupid teenager was she, for example. And if she changed her mind along the way, she shouldn't be discriminated because of her past choices. There are a lot of unlikely life situations that affect us making wrong choices. I believe in communication and giving chances to people, and it doesn't have to do anything with my ethnic background, as someone mentioned, it has everything to do with being human.

And I believe that even decision to stay away from someone who thinks differently from us is not good (and we do not even know yet does this particular girl thinks differently, we only know that she did, at some period of her life, when she got that tatoo), because staying away was part of some totalitarian ideologies and segregation. I believe you should talk to people and try to influence them to think good and do good, no matter how much anger it might cause to some of you.

And, no, he doesn't have to date her, but he shouldn't disqualify her because of the tattoo until he asks why is she carrying it and when she got it and did she change her mind about her motives along the way. People are not just bad or good, people make good and bad decisions, and they can remorse.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-09-2017 at 10:16 AM..

Old 02-09-2017, 08:32 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireanneh View Post
Maybe, just maybe she grew up in some broken home and hang out with the wrong people, and maybe, through growing up she realized how stupid teenager was she, for example. And if she changed her mind along the way, she shouldn't be discriminated because of her past choices. There are a lot of unlikely life situations that affect us making wrong choices. I believe in communication and giving chances to people, and it doesn't have to do anything with my ethnic background, as someone mentioned, it has everything to do with being human.

And I believe that even decision to stay away from someone who thinks differently from us is not good (and we do not even know yet does this particular girl thinks differently, we only know that she did, at some period of her life, when she got that tatoo), because staying away was part of some totalitarian ideologies and segregation. I believe you should talk to people and try to influence them to think good and do good, no matter how much anger it might cause to some of you.

And, no, he doesn't have to date her, but he shouldn't disqualify her because of the tattoo until he asks why is she carrying it and when she got it and did she change her mind about her motives along the way. People are not just bad or good, people make good and bad decisions, and they can remorse.
Racism is different than "thinking differently than someone". People can go to such extremes that they physically harm the other person. And while you may have the time and inclination to save them, I do not. It's called self-preservation.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-09-2017 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Rude.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:51 AM

393 posts, read 409,133 times
America has always been a country of forgiveness, second chances and acceptance. That said, reading this post, seems a swastika is THE MOST OBSCENE symbol on the planet and those that possess such a symbol should be done away with...kinda like the Nazi's did back then. I'd ask the girl, and find out her explanation. I have a butterfly tattoo, in some cultures I'd be persecuted too, but before I am, I'd expect the opportunity to explain myself, if need be, before being cast aside.

By thy by, what other symbols do Americans find even more offensive...(and I fib, I have no tattoos, I'm naturally beautiful without additional adoration).

Old 02-09-2017, 09:02 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,010,509 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

She still has the tattoo. She is aware enough that she is wearing clothing that show said tattoo. There are many options available to her if she wanted to cover said tattoo. She has not chosen any of them. She obviously doesn't think it's a "big deal".

I think the saddest part of this whole discussion is that it wouldn't be happening if she wasn't "otherwise pretty".

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-09-2017 at 10:19 AM..

Old 02-09-2017, 12:45 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

She still has the tattoo. She is aware enough that she is wearing clothing that show said tattoo. There are many options available to her if she wanted to cover said tattoo. She has not chosen any of them. She obviously doesn't think it's a "big deal".

I think the saddest part of this whole discussion is that it wouldn't be happening if she wasn't "otherwise pretty".
It's way beyond sad, it's sickening to me that some people have such a casual attitude about it just because she's a hot chick. I guess they didn't watch those black and white films of piles of bodies stacked up like wood, or watching bulldozers push 100's of bodies into massive graves. I saw that back in high school and couldn't sleep for weeks afterwards.

Yeah, the Nazi's were real gems.....

Old 02-09-2017, 01:01 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,144,437 times
Well, as the lynch mob continues to gather steam, let me temper this a bit.

What kind of swastika is this? Because there is the swastika that's a symbol of the Nazi party and there's the swastika that is common symbology among Buddhists. And also in native Americans.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships