Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 04:21 PM

602 posts, read 396,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
There are many stupid people out there. They think if they cover it up with clothes, it doesnt exist anymore.

Doesn't mean I condone it nor would I date anybody like that. So ya'll hold your horses before you jump at me.
I wasn't trying to jump at you, I was listing a conglomerate of responses I've seen that are somewhat excusing it. I see that you are playing devil's advocate, and yes, any one of those options could be true for this girl. But for me, none of them cut mustard.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:23 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
I wasn't trying to jump at you, I was listing a conglomerate of responses I've seen that are somewhat excusing it. I see that you are playing devil's advocate, and yes, any one of those options could be true for this girl. But for me, none of them cut mustard.
I was referring to you and a lot of other posters. Thanks for understanding what I meant.

I have seen lots of dumb stuff people do and I am often baffled about their reasons/excuses. I was just trying to be in the mindset of that a$$ tattoo girl for a second and here we go - I am a racist

Gotta go, life is calling

Old 02-07-2017, 04:26 PM

454 posts, read 311,186 times
Quote:
I was referring to you and a lot of other posters. Thanks for understanding what I meant.

I have seen lots of dumb stuff people do and I am often baffled about their reasons/excuses. I was just trying to be in the mindset of that a$$ tattoo girl for a second and here we go - I am a racist

Gotta go, life is calling
Seriously. Unless we outright brand her a nazi and irredeemable racist regardless of not knowing much of anything about her, we're also racists. Okay.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:31 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
It wasn't on her behind, it was on her lower back. While not as visible as an arm, you can still see it depending on what you wear.

I do not want to understand why someone would do that. I cannot think of one point of view that is tolerable.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:55 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,729,878 times
Default ....

Quote:
There are many stupid people out there. They think if they cover it up with clothes, it doesnt exist anymore.

Doesn't mean I condone it nor would I date anybody like that. So ya'll hold your horses before you jump at me.
May she can't afford to remove it. Also who knows the real deal unless he asked her about it. Anyone watch Orange is the New Black......and see what happend to Chapman? Just ask already.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:07 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,536,679 times
A swastika is no butterfly. If I was dating someone, it would be an instant deal breaker.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:54 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
It wasn't on her behind, it was on her lower back. While not as visible as an arm, you can still see it depending on what you wear.

I do not want to understand why someone would do that. I cannot think of one point of view that is tolerable.
And who would want to be seen with her? Is OP going to try to explain to every person they come in contact to with: "hey this isn't what it looks like, she just was dumb when she was young and can't figure out how to dress....by the way, have you ever dated a Jew?" They wouldn't be accepted anywhere with thinking humans around.

I can understand why she can't afford to have it removed though: There's no way in hell I'd give her a job. Not only does she make stupid impulsive decisions that apparently are going to last a lifetime, but I wouldn't want to look at it every time she bends over because she doesn't have the insight to cover it up when she's meeting new people. Wouldn't fly working at a restaurant even, customers would complain if not walk out. The people in an office would be offended to work with her, she can't work in retail if she can't figure it out....I guess she could get a paper route, or work from home? So yeah she'll never be able to afford to have it removed. IF she wanted to. I don't have to give her a break or try to see her point of view, I would've walked out. If she had feces smeared on her back that may be an accident, or she could say she was sick at the time, but this I'd walk away from.

Last edited by RbccL; 02-07-2017 at 06:13 PM..

Old 02-08-2017, 03:09 AM

12 posts, read 7,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
He really likes her and there is a small chance she really did make a mistake that she truly regrets. None of us are there with him and no one here really knows her.
I 100% agree. People are so easy on judging other people. If you do not give her a chance to at least explain herself, how different are you from anyone who carries a tattoo of the swastika?
I believe everyone should get a chance, I would even try to change her mind if she is really into fascism or any similar ideology.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:56 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireanneh View Post
I 100% agree. People are so easy on judging other people. If you do not give her a chance to at least explain herself, how different are you from anyone who carries a tattoo of the swastika?
I believe everyone should get a chance, I would even try to change her mind if she is really into fascism or any similar ideology.
Because I know the definition of racism. I do not hate the woman, nor feel superior to her. I will stay away from her, as we do not feel the same way about human beings. Comparing me to a Nazi because I do not want to hear an explanation of why she is a Nazi? Yeah, that's some good logic there.

I also have learned to never reason with a racist. Their ignorance and hatred are so ingrained that they will discount anything that is said or experienced that contradicts their narrow world view.

I seriously cannot believe that you typed this.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:06 AM

602 posts, read 396,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Because I know the definition of racism. I do not hate the woman, nor feel superior to her. I will stay away from her, as we do not feel the same way about human beings. Comparing me to a Nazi because I do not want to hear an explanation of why she is a Nazi? Yeah, that's some good logic there.

I also have learned to never reason with a racist. Their ignorance and hatred are so ingrained that they will discount anything that is said or experienced that contradicts their narrow world view.

I seriously cannot believe that you typed this.
Again, I'd be interested to find out the ethnic background of the people saying to give her a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships