Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 04:09 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
Again, I'd be interested to find out the ethnic background of the people saying to give her a chance.
No need to ask a question when you know the answer.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:00 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireanneh View Post
I 100% agree. People are so easy on judging other people. If you do not give her a chance to at least explain herself, how different are you from anyone who carries a tattoo of the swastika?
I believe everyone should get a chance, I would even try to change her mind if she is really into fascism or any similar ideology.
Well, you go right on ahead. Go rescue those Neo-Nazis and Christofascists. Look deep down for their redeeming qualities, beneath all that insufferable angsty hate and absolute disregard for non Aryans. Let us know how it goes.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:34 AM

602 posts, read 396,215 times
Also, a lot of you keep forgetting about her asking him if he had ever dated a Jewish woman. If she has really turned over a new leaf, why ask such a question? It's not a topic that would ever come up in a normal conversation.

Jew question + swastika tattoo = DANGER, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!!

Old 02-08-2017, 09:26 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Also, a lot of you keep forgetting about her asking him if he had ever dated a Jewish woman. If she has really turned over a new leaf, why ask such a question? It's not a topic that would ever come up in a normal conversation.

Jew question + swastika tattoo = DANGER, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!!
I'm pretty big on redemption, but honestly some things are unforgivable. I agree that the question about dating a Jewish women seals the deal, but the "run away" option had me with the swastika tattoo. I don't believe anyone can be so culturally tone deaf to think that THE ****ing symbol of the Holocaust had some other meaning. No one can innocently get a swastika tattoo. Just no.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:27 AM

454 posts, read 311,186 times
Quote:
Again, I'd be interested to find out the ethnic background of the people saying to give her a chance.
I said there's a small chance she could be truly remorseful and she should have a chance to fully explain herself and redeem herself. If she truly harbors these feelings obviously she has to go. I hope people are as forgiving of your mistakes as you are of others. I in no way condone racism but people can be redeemed at times. You're twisting a lot of people's words here. I'm white so obviously I'm racist for thinking this I'm sure-- at least in your mind.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:35 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
If this is true it would be a hard pass. Heck, there wouldn't even be a first message/text/call or date.
This. I mean, let's look at the chain of bad decisions involved here:

1) The fact that she thought a swastika was a good idea to begin with kind of makes her empty-headed at best and a horrific person at worst.

2) The fact that she got a swastika tattooed on her body shows an incredible lack of judgement.

3) People who are empty-headed and lack judgement tend to make really bad long-term companions. And, truthfully, short-term companions.

Nightmare scenario? If you bump uglies with this girl, there's always a chance she winds up pregnant. Then you'll be paying child-support for the next umpteen years to a woman who at, one time, thought it was a great idea to have a swastika tattooed on her.

Plenty of fish in the sea.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:36 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireanneh View Post
I 100% agree. People are so easy on judging other people. If you do not give her a chance to at least explain herself, how different are you from anyone who carries a tattoo of the swastika?
I believe everyone should get a chance, I would even try to change her mind if she is really into fascism or any similar ideology.
Then you go date those Nazi sympathisers better you than you me.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:37 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
I said there's a small chance she could be truly remorseful and she should have a chance to fully explain herself and redeem herself. If she truly harbors these feelings obviously she has to go. I hope people are as forgiving of your mistakes as you are of others. I in no way condone racism but people can be redeemed at times. You're twisting a lot of people's words here. I'm white so obviously I'm racist for thinking this I'm sure-- at least in your mind.
I believe you're sincere. I believe that redemption, or the possibility of it, is motivating your stance. I have no doubt that she can redeem herself. I just wouldn't feel any obligation to date her to find out. You know the saying, "sometimes people tell you who they are. Listen to them,"? I think it applies here. If I'm wrong and in the OP's position, I've missed out on dating someone. Oh well. I could probably find someone else to date, and if not, I think I'd be OK. If I'm right, I've kind of saved my soul. The risk benefit calculus seems easy to me.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:39 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Are people really saying to give a woman who has a clear symbol of racism tattooed on her a chance to explain? This ain't like a girl who lives in a house with a rebel flag outside, that symbol was personal enough to get it permanently on her body. This is a HELL no go.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:40 AM

602 posts, read 396,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOU812 View Post
I didn't say anyone was racist, I'm just thinking that most of the people giving her the benefit of the doubt are probably WASPs - in other words, unaffected by her ideals. I wonder if it would be different if we were talking about a black person who was a former Black Panther or Nation of Islam extremist or a Muslim who used to embrace Al Qaeda ideals.... or whatever the heck the minority version is of white nationalism. Would you still give that person the benefit of the doubt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships