Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2017, 11:24 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I just thought I'd point this out. The Bold bit.

There's also the tone of voice, and intonation to be taken into account, which is something none of us, but the OP, can know.
Some things one doesn't need a tone of voice and intonation to consider before they decide the question and person have no benign motives in asking.

If people responding have no problem with Nazis just say so, why so many posts pretending the meaning here is cloudy?

Old 02-05-2017, 11:30 AM

13,637 posts, read 10,040,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Some things one doesn't need a tone of voice and intonation to consider before they decide the question and person have no benign motives in asking.

If people responding have no problem with Nazis just say so, why so many posts pretending the meaning here is cloudy?
Because it can be, and knowing the knee jerk reactions of the members of many of these forums, I feel the need to get people to stop and think before attacking.

Note; I can imagine a Jewish girl asking that same question. I'm also considering rebellion in the young.

So many answers, so many people, and so many places to be coming from.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:36 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
If this is true it would be a hard pass. Heck, there wouldn't even be a first message/text/call or date.
Agreed. I am very skeptical of OP's story.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Because it can be, and knowing the knee jerk reactions of the members of many of these forums, I feel the need to get people to stop and think before attacking.

Note; I can imagine a Jewish girl asking that same question. I'm also considering rebellion in the young.

So many answers, so many people, and so many places to be coming from.
You can imagine a Jewish girl with a swastika tattoo asking that question? That's some imagination!

It's not a knee jerk reaction for a Jewish girl to be offended by swastikas and Nazi sympathizers. How long should one stop and think about that?

Old 02-05-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Agreed. I am very skeptical of OP's story.
With good reason.
What some are "attacking" is the overlooking of this 'quality' in a mate, the poster expected opinions on what he as a normal emotionally intelligent human would do, IF that is his situation. Not opinions on his fictional girlfriend. 'She' will probably never know, and didn't ask.

OP, if her answer was acceptable to YOU, then you know you are free to do whatever makes you happy. If you want to know how others would react to this fictional person, you have your choice of answers, you can expect the same response from your friends and relatives. Skinheads will leave you alone.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:24 PM

13,637 posts, read 10,040,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You can imagine a Jewish girl with a swastika tattoo asking that question? That's some imagination!

It's not a knee jerk reaction for a Jewish girl to be offended by swastikas and Nazi sympathizers. How long should one stop and think about that?
In the playful, sexually charged atmosphere of a date, I'm thinking, maybe yes.

No, it's an emotionally connected reaction, which for me, luckily I can't be.

Anyway, I'm not here for an argument, or to derail this thread, so I'll wish you all well, and be on my way.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:20 AM

49 posts, read 53,924 times
So I have decided to go on a few more dates and just get a feel for her and if I see anything else that could be viewed as racist/prejudice I will break it off. She is very interesting, fun and really pretty otherwise. I really believe her. I really don't think she, or really other women would do Hitler-like things if it came down to it.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 AM

860 posts, read 1,339,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If she wants to tell you about it she will otherwise it is her body and her choice to tattoo what she wants on it.
It is also your decision alone in regards to ending things or not.
The decision to end a relationship is entirely his decision. He in no way requires her input to end it. Just like a woman has full right to end a relationship without her partner's input.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:24 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,281,217 times
If it anything that this forum has taught me, is that people can excuse anything.

I am surprised at the number of people excusing this. And no, we do not need to 'think about' the fact that this is a symbol of hate. It is a symbol of hate, ya know. Mod cut.

The woman 'supposedly' asked as he dated Jewish women!

Come on, people.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-06-2017 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Religion bashing.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:54 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,374,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
If it anything that this forum has taught me, is that people can excuse anything.

I am surprised at the number of people excusing this. And no, we do not need to 'think about' the fact that this is a symbol of hate. It is a symbol of hate, ya know. And I would wonder about the common sense of someone from the Hindu faith using this symbol knowing what it represents.

The woman 'supposedly' asked as he dated Jewish women!

Come on, people.
This.

It isn't customary for practitioners of Dharmic and Vedic traditions, as practiced in the East, to get these religious or spiritual symbol tattoos. This is a Western thing. (and I have one) And even then, these aren't mainstream traditions where the average Jane or Joe is researching the history of the symbol and manages to practice an Eastern tradition. Really? How many Westerners do y'all know that practice a Dharmic or Vedic teaching? How many of these people are brown? Yeah... none.

But of course, give this woman the benefit of the doubt, because why not? She could be a spiritual or something. Nah. She's something, alright. Hindu isn't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships