Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 11:39 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times

Advertisements

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so I guessed maybe this one.

Maybe she's not my best friend, but my best female one lately. Basically early this year I met her, but new from years ago and that's how we clicked. She said she was just looking for FWBs and so I tried that out with her, but we ended being good friends as well, and hanging out and doing all this other stuff together.

I developed feelings for her overtime and chose to ignore it since I liked her as a friend so much and valued that. Last night she told me she has a new bf now, and my feelings all of a sudden skyrocketed and I was surprised as to how much it's affected me. Maybe I'm in love, not sure, but definitely close.

I feel like maybe I should tell her how I feel since it's bothering me a lot more. I'm not looking to get her to leave her new bf if that is the right guy for her and if he makes her happy.

But at the same time, I have this huge weight on my heart that's bothering me, and I feel I should somehow lift it, and clear the air. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 11:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
If she felt the same for you she would not have found herself another man.
This is your issue alone and has nothing to do with her.
This is also a perfect example of *Friends With Benefits* is a movie and does not exist in real life.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:07 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
FWB's are doomed from the start; its just a matter of time. And your time is up.

Say nothing and just move on.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:06 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times
Oh yeah, I figured that she doesn't feel the same for me. I just feel that maybe I should tell her to lift the weight off. But at the same time, I don't want to lose a good friend either.

Even if we don't sleep together, we still do all these other things together, so I don't want to lose that.

Old 12-01-2017, 02:18 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Its basically done when she got a BF. I wouldn't even attempt to get her back - which I know you're thinking of doing by exposing your feelings.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:23 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
I would tell her how I feel and then cut her off when she says she just wants to be "friends" which will be the inevitable outcome, but that's my style. Some people would rather have the friendship. If I can't be exclusive I'm not going to sit there and watch as the other man gets her pregnant and be there by her side in all of it. Not gonna happen. If you like doing all those things together as a platonic friend and aren't willing to state your demands, more power to ya.

Women might like male friends, but when it comes to dating and relationships, unfortunately you tend to need to have this list of qualities such as being cocky, edgy, playful, confident, and aggressive, especially when they are in their 20's and haven't seen that these type of men can be a double edged sword. You are a man. Men are rational problem solvers who desire solutions to problems and homeostasis. You have a problem. You decide how you will solve it. Be the aggressor or sit for years and pine in misery about lost love, hanging around as a friend hoping she changes her mind, which she won't because you're not aggressive about your intentions. Good luck!

Old 12-01-2017, 04:07 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,400,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh yeah, I figured that she doesn't feel the same for me. I just feel that maybe I should tell her to lift the weight off. But at the same time, I don't want to lose a good friend either.

Even if we don't sleep together, we still do all these other things together, so I don't want to lose that.
Essentially, you want to lift the weight off your shoulders and put it on her shoulders. Don't do it, man.

Maybe put some distance between you, don't hang out as much and your feelings will fizzle out.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:18 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
If a woman tells you that she will put you in the "FWB" file then you are not BF material to her.

Exposing your feelings is only going to show her she needs to cut you off.

Her new BF is not going to want you around as a friend to her especially if you slept with her.

It's over Bro!

Old 12-01-2017, 05:56 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,155,400 times
If you guys are such good friends, how did you not know she was dating someone that would eventually turn into a relationship?

Old 12-01-2017, 07:25 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I would tell her how I feel and then cut her off when she says she just wants to be "friends" which will be the inevitable outcome, but that's my style. Some people would rather have the friendship. If I can't be exclusive I'm not going to sit there and watch as the other man gets her pregnant and be there by her side in all of it. Not gonna happen. If you like doing all those things together as a platonic friend and aren't willing to state your demands, more power to ya.

Women might like male friends, but when it comes to dating and relationships, unfortunately you tend to need to have this list of qualities such as being cocky, edgy, playful, confident, and aggressive, especially when they are in their 20's and haven't seen that these type of men can be a double edged sword. You are a man. Men are rational problem solvers who desire solutions to problems and homeostasis. You have a problem. You decide how you will solve it. Be the aggressor or sit for years and pine in misery about lost love, hanging around as a friend hoping she changes her mind, which she won't because you're not aggressive about your intentions. Good luck!
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

For me cocky and aggressive... no.

Assertive... yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships