Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 09:54 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,074,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I wish I could answer that one. You entered the FWB in the same frame of mind as she did. I would think though, that you should concentrate on being that best f**k since you know that is your strong point with her. Did you merely service her when she was horny or did you make her horny? I would concentrate on making her horny and not always satisfying her (and I mean making her horny so she she has to wait a while before you can give it).
I am assuming I made her want it from me more compared to other guys since she said I was the best she ever had and I was often able to get her in the mood it seems, or I was the one often doing the initiation and she didn't object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Any idea what prompted him to dump her after only a week?
She said it was because he was not over his ex yet and he wasn't ready for a new relationship like he thought he was initially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
If you want to have a chance to break out of the friend zone you need to tell her how you feel. When she had a BF it wasn't appropriate but now that he is gone you have your chance again. If she still sees you only as a friend or at best FWB I would accept it but move on and start looking for a real GF. If she doesn't want to be your GF she will let you know when you let your feelings be known.
Well I was doing some reading on how to get a FWB to become a girlfriend and it is said that I should do the opposite and act more aloof and draw her to me, if that is the best way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 12:01 AM

783 posts, read 850,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well I was doing some reading on how to get a FWB to become a girlfriend and it is said that I should do the opposite and act more aloof and draw her to me, if that is the best way?

Well my advice was from a human being perspective and not from a pick up artist perspective. if PUA says you should do that then that is probably the best course of action. I have never liked the dating game. I've always felt in my heart to let my feelings be known, like you. But it hasn't worked well for me.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:39 AM

Well I would like to do what works, which is why I usually have follwed the PUAs advice. The PUA advice has worked really so far for me, but only for getting sex, and not serious relationships. I just need more experience or practice at it I guess.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:23 AM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
I am assuming I made her want it from me more compared to other guys since she said I was the best she ever had and I was often able to get her in the mood it seems, or I was the one often doing the initiation and she didn't object.

Being more aloof has always worked best for me.

On the sex thing - work on making her horny, not initiating sex. Learn the art of seduction. Aim to get her to initiate. Make her really want you! Subtle touch and actions ..... Like how you kiss. Don't go in all passionate. Be subtle and tantalizing. You figure it out.

And work on your love making too. I won't ask what or how you do things but there things you can do to drive a woman onto the ceiling! Maybe you do that already. You can never be good enough. Always strive to be better.

How is your physique? You work out? Nothing wrong with a toned body.

Good luck!

Old 12-03-2017, 11:43 AM

9,376 posts, read 6,985,952 times
The problem you’re setting is that you are fulfilling the stereotype that people of
Opposite genders cannot be close friends. If she/he liked you like that you would already know. I suggest you keep a good friendship and not ruin it because of your genital impulses.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:38 PM

Is our friendship being ruined because of my genital impulses though? She was the one who said she wanted to be FWBs so I thought she wanted that.

Old 12-03-2017, 03:21 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
Quote:
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so I guessed maybe this one.

Maybe she's not my best friend, but my best female one lately. Basically early this year I met her, but new from years ago and that's how we clicked. She said she was just looking for FWBs and so I tried that out with her, but we ended being good friends as well, and hanging out and doing all this other stuff together.

I developed feelings for her overtime and chose to ignore it since I liked her as a friend so much and valued that.
In my years, I've always tried to be upfront with my feelings as possible and then hope for the best. I don't know about all cases but in my life, it has always turned out for the better. In the one or two times that I wasn't truthful to myself, I probably deserved the heartbreak or emotional hurt. In one case, I hurt someone dear to me.. I have to live with that.

Just recently found myself in a similar situation. I'm recently separated; ie vulnerable and still trying to figure things out for myself. A few nights ago, I was having drinks with one of my female friends (suppose to be a group of us) and that lead to us kissing. We've known each other for a little while now; I'm pretty sure it wasn't going to be a serious thing for her... but for me... I wasn't quite sure. I stopped and simply told her that "She is too close to my heart." Yeh... it was a little awkward but we still managed to enjoy the rest of the night.

Last night, we crossed paths at our local bar. She came over and bought me a drink. She toasted "To a great friendship!" and we both moved on just like we always have. That really made my night...

I guess it could have easily gone the other way. But I figure she understood my situation and our friendship was valuable enough to make the effort. That's all I could have hope for... If not, yeh... it would have hurt.. not because a friendship broken but rather because I overestimated my role in her life.

So I guess what I'm saying in regards to the above (underlined), is that you ignored your feelings for her in fear of loosing her as a friend. The fear isn't of loosing a friend, but like me, the fear is the realization that one over invested in a relationship (whatever that is) and over estimated one's role in that person's life. Its not an of maintain or save a perceived friendship, but out of fear and potential of hurt afterwards.

Last edited by usayit; 12-03-2017 at 03:29 PM..

Old 12-03-2017, 06:10 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
In my years, I've always tried to be upfront with my feelings as possible and then hope for the best. I don't know about all cases but in my life, it has always turned out for the better. In the one or two times that I wasn't truthful to myself, I probably deserved the heartbreak or emotional hurt. In one case, I hurt someone dear to me.. I have to live with that.

Just recently found myself in a similar situation. I'm recently separated; ie vulnerable and still trying to figure things out for myself. A few nights ago, I was having drinks with one of my female friends (suppose to be a group of us) and that lead to us kissing. We've known each other for a little while now; I'm pretty sure it wasn't going to be a serious thing for her... but for me... I wasn't quite sure. I stopped and simply told her that "She is too close to my heart." Yeh... it was a little awkward but we still managed to enjoy the rest of the night.

Last night, we crossed paths at our local bar. She came over and bought me a drink. She toasted "To a great friendship!" and we both moved on just like we always have. That really made my night...

I guess it could have easily gone the other way. But I figure she understood my situation and our friendship was valuable enough to make the effort. That's all I could have hope for... If not, yeh... it would have hurt.. not because a friendship broken but rather because I overestimated my role in her life.

So I guess what I'm saying in regards to the above (underlined), is that you ignored your feelings for her in fear of loosing her as a friend. The fear isn't of loosing a friend, but like me, the fear is the realization that one over invested in a relationship (whatever that is) and over estimated one's role in that person's life. Its not an of maintain or save a perceived friendship, but out of fear and potential of hurt afterwards
You are so right with the bolded comment. It truly is realizing that the other person didn't see in you, what you saw in them. Sometimes the friendship and survive and recalibrate itself to where it once was. Other times, you can find yourself in a situation to where you want to salvage it, but it's hard, because you can't help how your feelings are/were for that person.

I went through something similar with a woman just this week. I had been dating a woman and she reached out to her ex-boyfriend. Granted, we were having some issues and likely going to break up anyways, but reaching back out to her ex-boyfriend allowed her to realize just how much she missed and loved him.

So, she ended up figuring out herself that she had some unfinished business in her life and that she needs to figure out her feelings on how to proceed with him or with someone else in her life. I've over invested a few times in my life where I knew I was asking for more than what could be given. Sometimes you just have that hope that the deep down feeling in your gut is just that. A negative feeling, but in the end, it really does work out in your favor.

I have no regrets in taking those chances. I was prepared for either outcome. We were either going to feel the same way about each other and proceed in dating or we weren't going to proceed with dating and I got my answer and could emotionally and physically move on with my life. At the end of the day, when you are able to prepare yourself for either outcome, you can find peace even when hearing some less than stellar news.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:04 PM

11,033 posts, read 5,993,059 times
But how often is a relationship imbalanced? Isn't that the norm?

For me it's been most of the time. I have very seldom loved the girl the way she loved me. I have only loved six women in my life and only one with a crazy intensity. Even in school, girls would have crushes on me while I only really liked one girl. I know that one of my FWB loved me (I only had a few).

Old 12-03-2017, 09:59 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,286,580 times
I've only truly loved three women and one of them is my Mom. You are ahead of me. ����
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships