Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 03:30 PM

731 posts, read 678,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Good for you. But for most people it would be lying. Pretending they are interested in something just to try to convince someone they have something in common. To me, the end does not justify the means.
He might find that he loves gourmet cooking. I didn't take up fly fishing just to get a boyfriend, I wanted to learn to fish. Boy did I reel one in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 03:31 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
Yes I am suggesting this because it works. And I still fly fish by the way.

How about joining Habitat for Humanity? Theres plenty of women there who would like to swing a guy's hammer. Doing something to help others says you are a good guy.
Absolutely. I think hobbies and joining groups (sports, special interests whatever) is a great way to meet people. however, it is a great way to meet people who are most likely interested in relationships rather than just hooking up (which is what I got from the OP).

I love to cook and have been in photography for a long time. Both of which seem to gather interest from women... at least the ones I've known love the personal attention they get when I take portraits of them... followed by a night of wine and roasted prime rib. lol

Old 02-06-2018, 03:32 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
There are not-unattractive women out there who would love to usher you into manhood. Have you tried mentioning on your profile that you are "inexperienced" and looking for a female "guiding hand"? I bet that would bring some action to your Inbox.

[Standing by for your reason this can never work...]

This.

This would get you laid.

At your age, most women expect that you know your way around the block, and will be pretty disappointed, UNLESS they know upfront, that you're inexperienced. There would be plenty of women who will accept that challenge.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:33 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,528,805 times
Onanism?

Old 02-06-2018, 03:43 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
We get a lot of married and older guys calling... Yes... we also get requests for sex without condom...

Old 02-06-2018, 03:43 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,494,989 times
Quote:
Are you really suggesting this? Why the heck would I do something I have zero desire to do to meet someone, and I would just drop it the second I did.
Quote:
Good for you. But for most people it would be lying. Pretending they are interested in something just to try to convince someone they have something in common. To me, the end does not justify the means.
Welcome to the "making excuses" club!

Those of us who are romantically challenged are always told we have to put ourselves out there; to start living our life, if we want to meet people. And, if we react the way you just did, we're accused of making excuses, spending too much time playing video games or on the internet. Generally, not living our life to the fullest, as measured by some internet stranger. But, the truth is that not everyone likes going to church, going to bars... or cooking, knitting, and fly fishing.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:45 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Welcome to the "making excuses" club!

Those of us who are romantically challenged are always told we have to put ourselves out there; to start living our life, if we want to meet people. And, if we react the way you just did, we're accused of making excuses, spending too much time playing video games or on the internet. Generally, not living our life to the fullest, as measured by some internet stranger. But, the truth is that not everyone likes going to church, going to bars... or cooking, knitting, and fly fishing.

I'm not making excuses because I have no problem meeting people to date. I'm certainly not going to sit at home playing video games or something. I'm out, social, and engaged in society thoroughly. I'm just not going to do something I have zero desire to do to try to meet more people. Not when I can go on OKC, tinder, bumble, and do it that way... and meet some great people doing so.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
But for most people it would be lying. Pretending they are interested in something just to try to convince someone they have something in common. To me, the end does not justify the means.
It happens all the time?!!

I spent half my 8th-grade year pretending to like KISS so this kid named Scott would like me. And it worked LOL.

It's not as nefarious as you make it sound. There's nothing wrong with acting a little more enthusiastic about baseball, even if you could care less, if you know a guy you're interested in is really into it.

I'm not saying you should buy season tickets, but the point is to extend your chances to talk to them so you CAN find common interests.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:52 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
It's not as nefarious as you make it sound. There's nothing wrong with acting a little more enthusiastic about baseball, even if you could care less, if you know a guy you're interested in is really into it.

If someone pretended to be into something to try to connect with me, and I found out it was a ruse, then I would 100% be turned off once I found out they had misled me. There is no reason for such games. Just be yourself, and it will work, or it won't.

Old 02-06-2018, 03:55 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
I'm not making excuses because I have no problem meeting people to date. I'm certainly not going to sit at home playing video games or something. I'm out, social, and engaged in society thoroughly. I'm just not going to do something I have zero desire to do to try to meet more people. Not when I can go on OKC, tinder, bumble, and do it that way... and meet some great people doing so.
I'm sure you can find a group for every interest out there... I don't think the poster implied that you have to force yourself to participate in a group that you have no interest in. One of the great things about meeting in such a group is that the ice is already broken... everyone in that group has a common interest from which to approach and converse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships