Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 10:11 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times

Advertisements

If my wife acted like that after things had been brought out in the open I would let her “have the family”

If she isn’t willing to address this, there really isn’t anything you can do.
It’s going to be a fight everytime something comes up she doesn’t want to discuss

F that noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 10:14 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
If my wife acted like that after things had been brought out in the open I would let her “have the family”

If she isn’t willing to address this, there really isn’t anything you can do.
It’s going to be a fight everytime something comes up she doesn’t want to discuss

F that noise.
There IS something he can do. Bring the issue out into the open. Get all four people into a room together and have it out.

One potential drawback from that is if the sister-in-law supports her sister and her denials. If that were to happen and the truth didn't come out, it would be time to consider a separation/divorce.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:24 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
There IS something he can do. Bring the issue out into the open. Get all four people into a room together and have it out.

One potential drawback from that is if the sister-in-law supports her sister and her denials. If that were to happen and the truth didn't come out, it would be time to consider a separation/divorce.
I wouldn’t want to be with anyone who NEEDED an intervention just to discuss the affects of their actions on the marriage.

Beyond that the “all about the family” nonsense doesn’t fly when you’re the one who took it on yourself to make a situation for the family in the first place.

This goes beyond the cheating, It goes in to the character of the person and if they are even capable of preventing themselves from this type of behavior.

By all means try to salvage whatever it is their is to salvage if that’s something you care to consider, but until the wife is capable of addressing issues in her own it’s going to be a constant struggle for her to be trustworthy and truthful in her commitments.

Their is so many broken ties and trusts happening here that this is unlikely to have a solid resolution for all that are involved.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:28 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post

Or, as often happens, the sister turns against her tattling sister and chooses to believe her husband, who would deny he did such a thing or even more, say she is the one that made advances to him.

You've certainly heard the term "kill the messenger"

Old 04-12-2018, 11:09 AM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Where's Reggie...we need an update...?

Old 04-12-2018, 12:42 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quit burying your head in the sand, and "man up". Feeling uncomfortable is no reason to NOT confront both of them.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:09 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
OP I hope you will at least attempt to seek 50/50 custody, should the worst happen. Do not leave the family home, whatever you do. She needs to find her own place. Kids stay in the home with you.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:46 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
It's me and my wife against both of our families if necessary. She is my family and that's the way it is.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:38 PM

91 posts, read 124,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieBancroft View Post
UPDATE: So it has been a few weeks now and I am just as confused as I was at the start. My wife still will not tell her sister and keeps getting upset with me that I will not just act normal around the BIL. For example, she placed me in a situation last weekend in which I had to bring my kids to his house(while his wife was there) and my wife would't be there. She then got upset when I told her I just made small talk and nothing else. Fast forward to this weekend and there was a family get together. We arrived first, I ate and then BIL family arrived. He never came into the dining room but sat and watched TV, wife told me to go outside and watch the kids.

We get in the car and she goes off on how I am ruing her life and family by not talking to him, how it is so noticeable to everyone that there is a problem. Why can't I just let it go and be normal. I explained that I was not the one who did anything wrong and that he chose not to come into the dining room, further it was her that told me to go outside. Needless to say, she stopped talking to me and went to bed early. This morning I told her that we need to go to couples counseling as this is not going to fly with me and we need a 3rd party opinion. She flipped out saying that the whole issue is me being weird around him and that I'm now the weird in-law and us not doing things with her family is not how she will live her life. I calmly explained(as she was screaming) that I have no problem doing things, but I can't figure out why I'm being blamed for someone else's actions. She then comments that her family is priority number 1 and that they will always have her back so she will stick with them over me. It took everything not comment back at that point, but all I was thinking was how her family is so important that she refuses to tell her sister that her husband told her he wanted to kiss her. I mean the logic is out of this world.

My intuition tells me that there is so much more then I was told or will be told. Hence, I want a 3rd party to listen to both sides and explain to her that she is deflecting everything onto me and trying to turn me into the bad guy here.
She is manipulating you. She is playing the victim, and twisting everything to make it seem like YOUR fault. Now ask yourself: why would she do that if she hasn't done anything? If the only slimeball here is your inlaw, why would she side with him over you?

Answer: because your inlaw ISN'T the only slimeball in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships