Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 01:01 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times

Advertisements

Op, I'm just impressed you didn't punch his lights out.
Yeah that, is truly the bare minimum that scum bag deserves!

(Of course not worth be arrested over!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 02:51 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,783,344 times
Gosh, this is difficult.

People here a bit over the top in my opinion. Yes, it's pretty obvious she cheated on you. Yes, she's trying to hide this by deflecting blame onto you. Does this mean "The End"? It depends on both of you.

First of all, she needs to come clean with you but it seems that she's not ready to do so. Your best bet is to find solid proof. You will need to check her phone records, bank/credit card records (hotels?), is her having condoms a red flag, see if she tracks her runs using her phone/apps. Ask her for her phone so you can see if any calls are deleted. You should also ask to her email, but she might have a secret email account. Does she have her own computer?

So two things can happen when you ask for all of this:
1. She can be pissed off that you don't trust her but give you access, or
2. Throw a complete fit and refuses access

If it's #2 you know exactly what's going on, but having proof is tough.

See how she reacts, and then go to talk to a marriage counselor first.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Man...SOMEBODY would've gotten cussed out by now, if it was me.

There are SO many red flags.....

This woman obviously did something she CLEARLY feels guilty about, otherwise she wouldn't be flipping out as much as she is. I would threaten to tell the whole family, maybe then she'll come to her senses and come clean.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:23 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Gosh, this is difficult.

People here a bit over the top in my opinion. Yes, it's pretty obvious she cheated on you. Yes, she's trying to hide this by deflecting blame onto you. Does this mean "The End"? It depends on both of you.

First of all, she needs to come clean with you but it seems that she's not ready to do so. Your best bet is to find solid proof. You will need to check her phone records, bank/credit card records (hotels?), is her having condoms a red flag, see if she tracks her runs using her phone/apps. Ask her for her phone so you can see if any calls are deleted. You should also ask to her email, but she might have a secret email account. Does she have her own computer?

So two things can happen when you ask for all of this:
1. She can be pissed off that you don't trust her but give you access, or
2. Throw a complete fit and refuses access

If it's #2 you know exactly what's going on, but having proof is tough.

See how she reacts, and then go to talk to a marriage counselor first.
Or, rather than snoop, the next time she threatens divorce, he could say, "Marriage counseling. NOW! I'm making an appointment for us today."

I'll be passing out the popcorn and arranging chairs for y'all, to watch her reaction to that. Still, that's the way situations like this are usually handled. I mean, if one wants to be above board about it.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Man...SOMEBODY would've gotten cussed out by now, if it was me.

There are SO many red flags.....

This woman obviously did something she CLEARLY feels guilty about, otherwise she wouldn't be flipping out as much as she is. I would threaten to tell the whole family, maybe then she'll come to her senses and come clean.
Doesn't the whole family already know about it? Isn't that what she's saying she's flipping out about, and accusing the OP of trashing the marriage, or her family relationships, about?

Never mind. I can barely keep up, myself, lol.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:39 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
The experts on saving marriages after infidelity agree that when cheating is suspected, snooping is absolutely OK, and the only way to find out the truth. Cheaters lie. All. The. Time.

Suddenly they have a right to privacy? NO.

Old 04-09-2018, 04:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Doesn't the whole family already know about it? Isn't that what she's saying she's flipping out about, and accusing the OP of trashing the marriage, or her family relationships, about?

Never mind. I can barely keep up, myself, lol.
No. Cheaty Wife is upset because she is afraid the family will see that OP appears to be avoiding BIL and will want to know why. Then the ugly truth will come out. Like it won't anyway.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No. Cheaty Wife is upset because she is afraid the family will see that OP appears to be avoiding BIL and will want to know why. Then the ugly truth will come out. Like it won't anyway.
Oh, I see. Thank you. So that's what all the fuss is about. Good grief! She's accusing him of blowing her cover.

ugh.

Old 04-09-2018, 08:39 PM

468 posts, read 356,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieBancroft View Post
it seemed a little odd that he was hiding this from his wife and attempting to make it their little secret. Anyways, this goes on for a little and at some point my wife's sister finds out about the weekday runs and gets upset at her husband. He doubles down and only tells her about a couple of the runs and asks my wife to cover for him. For some reason my wife covers and backs his story to her sister.
Do you really still not know the reason your wife covered him and backs his story to her own sister ?

Old 04-10-2018, 07:46 AM

34,236 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Op, I'm just impressed you didn't punch his lights out.
Yeah that, is truly the bare minimum that scum bag deserves!

(Of course not worth be arrested over!)
The WIFE is the one he should be confronting for allowing the BIL's advances, and having an affair with him. Her reactions are solid proof. This will not end well.

It seems some women, and men for that matter, get comfortable in a situation, kids, house, cars, some money, and security, get bored, then do this crap. It shows basic insecurity, and lack of character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships