Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 04:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
There's a fairly big difference between wanting sex and having sex. Pretty sure I don't need to lay it out for you.
Somebody asked if you're continuing with therapy. Are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 04:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
This isn't helpful and comes off as presumptuous.
I'm not presuming anything. You said it yourself, in another thread:

Quote:
You're not kidding. It's been that way since I was little. Some docs put me on the autism spectrum, others just think I don't have the proper skills. I disagree with both of them. I have the skills, I just don't gain anything personally from being socially active. I like having just one person. And some family. I don't have friends.
//www.city-data.com/forum/psych...eliness-3.html

It would be a major factor in your lack of success, RJ.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:30 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
I know. But I'm brand new to this. Give me a chance to get the kinks worked out. I'll figure it out.
Fair enough. I hope you are taking notes.

ETA:

Having read posts after the above, and your explanation, I feel that you are rather clueless about relationships after two marriages.

However, noting your recent turn towards recognizing your flaws may be a good sign.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:32 PM
RJ_ RJ_ started this thread

743 posts, read 392,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
Now, what makes you think a woman who does not have sex immediately, like you do, will want you as a partner? You're judging theses women in a negative light for the exact choices you are making. Do you not get that? Hypocritical comes to my mind. Are you testing them?
That's fair. And it's something that I've recently had to face, as I haven't been in this type of situation ever. So this is self exploratory as much as anything else.

Quote:
OP, you are systematically destroying any chance you have at partnering with the type of woman you claim to desire. It is difficult for me to believe you would think otherwise. Most women, in fact all women, I know would not ever consider you as a partner. Get ahold of yourself.
I don't know who would or wouldn't consider me as a partner. I suppose that's what this dating thing is all about.

Last edited by RJ_; 08-06-2018 at 04:41 PM..

Old 08-06-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Right. So in your thinking, it is the self discipline to hold off on having sex (even though you want it) until commitment and feelings are on the table, that is evidence of a woman who has self esteem.
Precisely. Although I wouldn't use the term "self esteem," i'd use "self worth."

Old 08-06-2018, 04:38 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Just adding, in case you didn't see my edited post above yours, you do seem a bit naive about relationships for somebody who has been married twice.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I'm not presuming anything. You said it yourself, in another thread:
A couple doctors telling my parents I might be on the spectrum at the age of 13 isn't conclusive in light of the fact that my primary physician was certain I had no cognitive-behavioral issues. I'll trust the guy the who has been treating me since I was an infant over anyone else.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Having read posts after the above, and your explanation, I feel that you are rather clueless about relationships after two marriages.
Pointing out that I'm flawed without offering any sort of insight isn't helpful and makes me wonder why you would even say that? I'm clueless. Great. Thanks for that nugget.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
A couple doctors telling my parents I might be on the spectrum at the age of 13 isn't conclusive in light of the fact that my primary physician was certain I had no cognitive-behavioral issues. I'll trust the guy the who has been treating me since I was an infant over anyone else.
Then why did you bring it up on a thread asking for help?

Anyway, it may not be autism. My son is autistic and he is sensitive and appreciates others, and hates to hurt anyone's felings. I think people may be mistaking all antisocial behavior for autism. Simply not true, sociopathy is an example of this. Or paranoia, dissociation, there are a lot of things. All are you still in therapy to figure out what it is?

BTW, 25 years ago even most doctors didn't have a clear grasp on what autism could entail. And I'm not talking about today's clinical parameters, I'm saying as laid out my Hans Asperger himself, years even before you were 13.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:45 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,355,697 times
Quote:
That's fair. And it's something that I've recently had to face, as I haven't been in this type of situation ever. So this is self exploratory as much as anything else.

OP, you are systematically destroying any chance you have at partnering with the type of woman you claim to desire. It is difficult for me to believe you would think otherwise. Most women, in fact all women, I know would not ever consider you as a partner. Get ahold of yourself.
I don't know who would or wouldn't consider me as a partner. I suppose that's what this dating thing is all about.[/quote]

RJ, I truly do hope for you that you take to heart all that the folks here on CD are saying to you. I say this respectfully--You appear oblivious to the effects of what your current course of actions will do to you in the future. Your choices and actions have consequences.

Be the person you want the world to be to you. I got no wisdom past that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships