Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 07:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,111,428 times

Advertisements

These are the things to focus on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by high_plains_drifter View Post

My Attorney stated that I don't have to educate her anymore and to let her figure things out on her own.

I'm going to retract spending and only give her the basics of survival, all the luxuries will be gone starting today.

My wife doesn't give a s@$t and is putting this scammer ahead of me, that alone speaks in volumes.
I understand how titillating it is to search for and read the clandestine communications between these two, but for your own mental health, you need to STOP reading that stuff.

If it can't help you in the divorce, it can only hurt your emotional state. So just stop. Reading it is like picking at a scab.

Quote:

It is wrong of me to not do more?
No.

Quote:
I tried to inform her, she just doesn't want to listen.
Stop trying. You are merely a source of income for her now, and once that slows down, she will react VERY negatively. You need to prepare yourself mentally for that.

It's a shame that your state operates so inefficiently that you must endure the torture of a year's wait. Did your attorney offer any advice on living separately until then?

Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,661,652 times
Quote:
You are correct on your assumption, but I'm the one who will be handing her papers, meeting with Lawyer is tomorrow.

If she lands on her feet with this claimed "celebrity which I believe is some con artist or poser, she will not need any alimony and I may mention that claim to the lawyer or see what my options are.
How ridiculous. Celebrities dont strike up new significant romantic relationships with someone they have never even met. She is very delusional.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:20 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,389,736 times
Never mind what she is doing with "it". Focus on the divorce and your bright future without her.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,695,799 times
Did your lawyer tell you that she will require a retainer to start doing work for you? Did your lawyer tell you that your penniless wife can ask the court to make you pay her attorneys fees too? Just asking...

Old 10-17-2018, 08:41 PM

9,386 posts, read 7,016,792 times
Quote:
Basically, you are correct.

I did try to influence her to get a job, but even bringing it up was a sore subject, I pushed her hard, sent her e-mails of job links I found online, on my own time. She would get very upset and mad about it.

I also but ear plugs, breath right strips, special pillows, sleep apnea was tested, I didn't have it, not sure she has it, she never took my advice to get it checked.
Well a person can only do so much and sounds like she is a losing cause. Best to exit stage right promptly and move on with life.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:05 PM

371 posts, read 379,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
These are the things to focus on:

I understand how titillating it is to search for and read the clandestine communications between these two, but for your own mental health, you need to STOP reading that stuff.

If it can't help you in the divorce, it can only hurt your emotional state. So just stop. Reading it is like picking at a scab.

No.

Stop trying. You are merely a source of income for her now, and once that slows down, she will react VERY negatively. You need to prepare yourself mentally for that.

It's a shame that your state operates so inefficiently that you must endure the torture of a year's wait. Did your attorney offer any advice on living separately until then?
Yes, I agree, I just wanted to find out because she was being evasive and lying to me when, I was hoping she was going to end up with someone legit who would take her in and save me the money, but that's not it's just a Scammer and she continues to think otherwise. Not sure if she is playing a game with me, but I hope she knows she has ventured to the point of no return. I honestly think she is not thinking coherently.

I know, things are going to get worse when I sit down and tell her how it's going to pan out. Also the Attorney said because she is college educated, she will have to get a job and the courts will not tolerate me giving her income for the duration without working and it's not R & R. To be honest for what the Attorney estimated she would get monthly, the standard of living wlll be a tough change for her, I can live on less and adjust, I'll cut back and cancel things we have now, like Cable which I don't even watch, I do use Netflix but who needs cable anyways?

If she want's to move out sooner, the Attorney said she will have to go figure it out with the Courthouse and file a motion to get money sooner. Attorney flat out said, she won't be getting anything for a while, I don't think my Wife understands how it works.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
How ridiculous. Celebrities dont strike up new significant romantic relationships with someone they have never even met. She is very delusional.
I know, it's sad, I actually gave up even telling her anymore that she is going to be very disappointed in who this person really is. Part of me has a rough time rationalizing this because it's totally out of character.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Never mind what she is doing with "it". Focus on the divorce and your bright future without her.
Yep, time to move on and hope for the future.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Did your lawyer tell you that she will require a retainer to start doing work for you? Did your lawyer tell you that your penniless wife can ask the court to make you pay her attorneys fees too? Just asking...
Yep, I got a retainer and yes the Attorney did mention that my wife can make me pay the fees, if she hires counsel as well, it's called need-based fee award, but I'm not rich and we don't have a lot of money nor do we have a lot saved , no assets, properties or stocks. Not sure where that money would come from if she goes that route, it just means she will get even less, and keep in mind she is going to have an offset on some debts we accrued prior to the date of separation.

There is only so much the courts will take, I have liabilites already locked in that I have to pay for and she will be responsible for 50% of that, how it's offset I dunno?

Old 10-17-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Well a person can only do so much and sounds like she is a losing cause. Best to exit stage right promptly and move on with life.
Yep, I'm just worried this wiil turn ugly, when all the lava blows out of the volcano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships