Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2018, 12:37 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times

Advertisements

This man is so worried about her , her mental state, her finances, her future that it'll be a small miracle if he divorces her

Old 10-14-2018, 12:45 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
This man is so worried about her , her mental state, her finances, her future that it'll be a small miracle if he divorces her
Classic Stockholm syndrome. Sad. He'll be lucky if she is so enamored with the new guy, that she will be the one to push for divorce.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:16 PM

371 posts, read 379,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes, think about that for a minute.

Well, you're both jaded. Or the "pickled brain" metaphor srjth used is perfect. It's apparent that living this way has affected your thought processing.
I think so, but I just got in another arguement with her and it was ugly. I have ignored her all day yesterday and I went out and she sent me an e-mail for some link on why couples get divorced, the article was titled "If you think Infidelity is the reason, your wrong" This pushed my buttons, I didn't response right away, I just said "I'm on the phone" because she gave me that one liner the other night, then she came back with a "What are these secret phone calls you are having"? I'm like, what it's okay for you to someone to talk to, but I can't? I was bluffing and I knew it would get a response. I responded back to the message an hour later, but I shouldnt' have, because she didn't say anything to me, so this morning I asked her why she sent that e-mail to me, then the proverbial you know what hit the fan.

She started screaming and saying I berated her for 3 hours the other night, then you didn't talk to me all day yesterday and just went ballistic. She seems to not be taking any blame, that what she did is acceptable behavior. I said to her flat out, what you did to me really hurt me because you were basically living the lie the past several months in why didn't you have the balls to just say, sit down let's talk, I met somemone online and it's over. That comment blew her up even more, she went postal. She then goes i have to make sure I have my things in place, like what things? How long would it go on like that till you had your things in place? Really sounds like a cop out.

More so she wanted more time to get to know this guy and possibly move in with him, that way she could leave me without any issues, the fact she has no respect for me as a human being, little alone as someone I have been with and trusted for 18 years, is beyond me.

I said to her, I know it's over between us, I have accepted that but you did not handle it like an adult, she then blew up. Started crying and said I wish I could be out of here today because I would.

I regret now even talking to her, but I said there are things we need to discuss about how we are going to handle things, she said "there is nothing to discuss", she thinks we can just go to the courthouse and file, I don't think it's that easy. I told her I'm getting a lawyer and she got upset again.

She also didn't like me telling her to be careful with what she is getting into, she said that what is happening to me happened to the previous guy, I said yes but I question her logic, it's like she is proud of it, I would be ashamed.

Also I told her, as a friend I think you should focus on you, be single for a while and get a job and your feet on the ground. She didn't like that either, why is it a woman who has had a history of problems needs to get involved in a relationship so soon? She is also a liar, does said she never said certain things to me about what I'm not providing her. It's like she is looking for romance but has personal issues no relationship will solve.

It's a lost cause at this point, I really like to throw her out on her ass, cut off everything, shut off her phone that I pay for and disable the internet so she cannot call this guy. She mentioned going to a woman's crisis shelter, I said the only difference is many of the woman who will be there will come from much different circumstances than you, how are you going to relate?

Old 10-14-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
No it's happening, for sure. There is no turning back from this one, she is trying to pass the blame on me to make herself feel justified, but it's not working.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:22 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high_plains_drifter View Post
It's a lost cause at this point, I really like to throw her out on her ass, cut off everything, shut off her phone that I pay for and disable the internet so she cannot call this guy. She mentioned going to a woman's crisis shelter, I said the only difference is many of the woman who will be there will come from much different circumstances than you, how are you going to relate?
Have you been reading anything people have said? Now, this concerns me. You may be on the brink of getting a Protection from Abuse Order from her. Mostly to give her more leverage in the divorce, so I would LIMIT my contact with her in person, and electronically. Abuse doesn't have to be physical. It can be verbal, and/or emotional. I may have missed it, but have you met with an attorney yet? This should be your top priority. You should also be the one to file.

Watch yourself. She sounds unstable enough to do something rash.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
I said to her, I know it's over between us, I said the only difference is many of the woman who will be there will come from much different circumstances than you, how are you going to relate?
Why would you try to talk her out of that?

If she has an idea on how to leave, let her. Stop trying to rationalize with someone who sounds very much like a narcissist.

Can you afford therapy?

Old 10-14-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Classic Stockholm syndrome. Sad. He'll be lucky if she is so enamored with the new guy, that she will be the one to push for divorce.
Trust me, it's not like that. She just didn't handle this like I would. She brought another man into the mix, which she did before and she will do again after this guy, it's just her ways. How she handled it enraged me, but I guess I asked for it knowing her history. I told her she has no class because she was playing me the entire time till I caught her red handed then she changed her attitude.

I hate to say it but I feel sorry for her more than ever.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:30 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Quote:
No it's happening, for sure. There is no turning back from this one, she is trying to pass the blame on me to make herself feel justified, but it's not working.

Try to get over the blame game. It doesn't help you in ANY way.

Focus on yourself. Direct your energies to making an appt with a DIVORCE atty. Lawyers who specialize in family law know much more about divorces than do attorneys who do generalized work. Write down your questions and concerns beforehand.

Depending on your state, couples must be separated a certain length of time to get legally divorced. In my state it is one year.

If you can, make copies of all financial paperwork. Make copies of her separate financials if applicable. Take these with you to the atty.

Begin to consider where you'd like to live...once all is finalized. Would one of you stay where you live now?
Would you like an apt or house? Think ahead, as there are lots of things to consider...

Try hard to avoid negative conversations with your wife. It just drags you down.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:33 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Quote:

So, as a starter, why don't you do just that? And stop credit charges and handing out out cash, etc, etc etc
But see, even in that quote, you're worried about her and how she will relate. That's HER problem and a big "So what?"but you're still making your concerns,

Old 10-14-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Have you been reading anything people have said? Now, this concerns me. You may be on the brink of getting a Protection from Abuse Order from her. Mostly to give her more leverage in the divorce, so I would LIMIT my contact with her in person, and electronically. Abuse doesn't have to be physical. It can be verbal, and/or emotional. I may have missed it, but have you met with an attorney yet? This should be your top priority. You should also be the one to file.

Watch yourself. She sounds unstable enough to do something rash.
She is just posturing, if she had the balls she would have just left a long time ago talk is cheap.

I think she is still debating in her head the consequences of divorce, there are multiple personalties that pop out during these moments.

I'm setting up an appt with a lawyer this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships