Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 06:08 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgirkkk View Post
I mean I wanted to be nice gf and show I care and am supportive but no I didn’t
You're not a "girlfriend" if the relationship is only days or weeks old and there's been no decision on exclusivity yet. And even after that happens, you don't "owe" any guy financial support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 06:28 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
It’s to be nice u date a girl u want to know if she would be their for u during hard times I loaned $300 another time $1742 another time $830 different guys
Wow. You are the queen of bad judgment. What did they say this money was supposed to be used for?

"Being there" for someone means providing emotional support, not paying their bills for them. You want to give money to someone, you need to have it put IN WRITING that it is a LOAN, not a gift, and that they are expected to pay it back, and include details of the agreed-upon installments.Sign and date it and have it notarized, and the guy gets a copy of it.

Otherwise, good luck, sweetie, in seeing that money again. Small claims won't give it back to you without proof that it is a loan instead of a gift.

Old 09-15-2019, 08:37 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
You're not a "girlfriend" if the relationship is only days or weeks old and there's been no decision on exclusivity yet. And even after that happens, you don't "owe" any guy financial support.
She said the loan requests came in longer-term relationships, like 6 months or longer. I can't find that post now, but these requests didn't come after just a few casual dates.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:45 PM

586 posts, read 314,625 times
Quote:
I’ve dated about 4 guys and they have all asked me for money even when just starting the relationship couple days weeks into the relationship they ask for money I don’t know maybe it’s me that attracts these types of men but they have jobs and that’s how met at work

You're dating the wrong men. Rethink your standards.

Old 09-15-2019, 03:19 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
See if you can get it in writing that they owe you the money, such as sending them an email...this will hold up in court. It's written proof.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:34 AM

25 posts, read 15,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Wow. You are the queen of bad judgment. What did they say this money was supposed to be used for?

"Being there" for someone means providing emotional support, not paying their bills for them. You want to give money to someone, you need to have it put IN WRITING that it is a LOAN, not a gift, and that they are expected to pay it back, and include details of the agreed-upon installments.Sign and date it and have it notarized, and the guy gets a copy of it.

Otherwise, good luck, sweetie, in seeing that money again. Small claims won't give it back to you without proof that it is a loan instead of a gift.
I have text messages from him acknowledging the loan and saying he will pAy back

Old 09-16-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
See if you can get it in writing that they owe you the money, such as sending them an email...this will hold up in court. It's written proof.
I have text messages stating he will pay back

Old 09-16-2019, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongobongo View Post
You're dating the wrong men. Rethink your standards.
Really this recent guy that dumped me said my exes before him were trash and that he doesn’t consider himself to be in the same category has my past exes even tho he owes me $840 yeah he cooked dinner a lot times for me and my other exes didn’t but he also wanted borrow money ask me buy him clothes but considers himself better than exes

Old 09-16-2019, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Ah I see, youre a pushover. People can see a pushover a mile away, and I wonder if you give them money to avoid them ending the relationship. Do you have issues with being alone?
Yes I do have issues being alone cause I have low self esteem and see hotter girls I was cheated on before and left for another girl but now I made promise myself not loan money and I’m not looking to date for along times couple years I give them money to avoid end relationship cause I think that’s only way they stay I buy them things

Old 09-16-2019, 03:47 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Really this recent guy that dumped me said my exes before him were trash and that he doesn’t consider himself to be in the same category has my past exes even tho he owes me $840 yeah he cooked dinner a lot times for me and my other exes didn’t but he also wanted borrow money ask me buy him clothes but considers himself better than exes
Is this your boyfriend? I was wondering what his gf’s side of the story would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhjfhj View Post
Exactly so not my fault even tho she told me about the exes not paying I convinced her I’m not like them and convinced her to lend me money she didn’t have to but she did so it ain’t poor girl she should learn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships