Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 01:50 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times

Advertisements

Well OP, you have identified this is an issue, now you have to figure out how to solve it.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 01:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadineblack View Post

I then met her when we went to Mexico, we all went for a drink. On the way home he asked me "do you think she's hot? I can't decide".
WTF is wrong with him?

Old 09-25-2019, 02:01 PM

52 posts, read 24,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
WTF is wrong with him?

Not the first time he says something like that. He says "I'm just very open and say what's on my mind, It's normal to wonder weather you find someone hot. I bet you do it all the time, you just don't tell me. I'm transparent".

Old 09-25-2019, 02:03 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Went to Mexico....is this the same boyfriend of whom you wrote earlier this year?

Old 09-25-2019, 02:14 PM

971 posts, read 689,366 times
I had a gf qho was an executive with a xompany that travelled to trade shows, where her and other execs always got drunk and behaved poorly. One time after a vegas trip, she had to ask her girlfriend to take pics off facebook of her hanging on guys and in compromising positions. She too, explained it off as just fun and no big deal. I didn't like it or buy the explanation, so she went down the road. No thanks.
If i don't like what i see in pics, i know i wouldn't like what i disn't see.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:19 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,928,806 times
If the picture had involved a male colleague would you have reacted the same ?
Quote:

Am I overreacting?

Old 09-25-2019, 02:22 PM

52 posts, read 24,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
If the picture had involved a male colleague would you have reacted the same ?

No, but there's more to the story.

Quote:
He met this girl because he went on holiday with one of his female friends (I was cool with that) and this girl is his friend's friend. They all spent a week together on holiday. When he got back, him and this girl were sending voice messages to each other for a while. Again, I was cool with that.

I then met her when we went to Mexico, we all went for a drink. On the way home he asked me "do you think she's hot? I can't decide". Again, not a problem.

But now all of this together and the last "incident" make me think I'm being naive ...

Old 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I'm usually cool with all those things too.

Has he given me reason to question the friendship? I'm not sure. Depends on the perspective. He met this girl because he went on holiday with one of his female friends (I was cool with that) and this girl is his friend's friend. They all spent a week together on holiday. When he got back, him and this girl were sending voice messages to each other for a while. Again, I was cool with that.

I then met her when we went to Mexico, we all went for a drink. On the way home he asked me "do you think she's hot? I can't decide". Again, not a problem.

But now all of this together and the last "incident" make me think I'm being naive ...
Uhhh....? Really?
Is it common for him to rate his women friends' hotness? With some couples, it is. She'll say: "Ooh, did you sae that dude walking towards us? Sizzle!" And her bf's ok with that, because he knows she's completely devoted to him. And visa versa. But with some couples, it's not at all ok to verbally drool over other people with each other. So, what has been the practice in the past with you two? Or is the friend's friend the only one he's ever commented on in that way?

Old 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,921,465 times
a. He's your bf. That means he hasn't made a long term commitment, like a spouse or fiance.
b. Attractive members of the opposite sex are always appealing. People generally love it if an attractive member of the opposite sex is friendly toward them. Sure, you have a right to be suspicious. I would be. Maybe you should ask him to marry you before someone else lures him away.

Old 09-25-2019, 02:37 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Not the first time he says something like that. He says "I'm just very open and say what's on my mind, It's normal to wonder weather you find someone hot. I bet you do it all the time, you just don't tell me. I'm transparent".
Is he right? Do you do it all the time, silently? Maybe you should become more transparent, and see what happens. I'm serious. If you don't break up with him first, that is. If he asks you about it, tell him you've decided to be more transparent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships