Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 05:09 PM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times

Advertisements

Again, as I've said to other women on here about their relationship woes, YOU must not think too highly of yourself, meaning not having very good self-esteem to keep staying w/ him & putting up w/ it. He treats you like $#--.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadineblack View Post
He does it all the time. He's even said things to me like "she's the most beautiful woman I've seen" about a girl in a bookstore, or "she's really really really hot and smart" (a work colleague), etc, etc.

It used to hurt my feelings but I decided to ignore it and have been ok with it.
What woman actually LIKES this?! You just put up w/ it because he won't stop. How disrespectful can he be?! He might as well say, "I love her huge t!t$" or "She's got the type of @$s I like." He probably says how gorgeous, hot, intelligent, etc. they all are a LOT more than he tells YOU because there are more women out there in the world & just 1 of you. You're only 1 person whereas he's complimenting them all...the gal at the cafe, the one at the bookstore, the one at his work, etc., etc., etc. & for him to voice that OUT LOUD to YOU is purposefully to rub it, hurt you, & make you feel inadequate. There's no other reason for him to say those things out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
You're in denial.

You have mentioned many times in this thread that things he does and says are "no big deal." But they are a big deal, cumulatively. They combine to make you feel uncertain about his feelings for you. Ignoring that doesn't actually negate it.

If this is the same boyfriend as in your other thread, you said back then that you were going to dump him before that Mexico trip.

Looks like things haven't gotten much better.
I agree. For some reason, you keep telling yourself & others who question you that he's, "not that bad", but he is. That's why I say you must not think too well of yourself since you seem to think you deserve this pice of trash, waste of space b@$----.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoy3 View Post
He texted her. Then got drunk with her. We all pretty much have an idea how the evening ended.

He wants to be able to have physical contact with female friends. And gets defensive about it.

He kept a photo of himself with another girl.

He's pulling your chain..
Yes to this too! When a man & a woman have been drinking & all their inhibitions fly out the window & they have all night to do what they want, no one's there to stop them, etc. what do you think will happen? You think they're going to stay good & he'll remember that he has a girlfriend & read books to each other all night?! I think not! The clothes are flying off.

These topics I've brought up are everything a GF w/ a horrendous BF doesn't want to face up to & acknowledge. You hope that if you try to block it out of your mind, that it won't bother you. He does way too much that's completely disrespectful, smart ass, & horrendous for you not to think about it. Pack up & be gone while he's gone so he won't know what hit him & don't leave any notes, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,282,642 times
The behavior is abusive. I would wager he knows it hurts you and gets off on that knowledge on some way. Twisted as that may sound.

Ive had boyfriends that blatantly hit on women in front of me. Like...slowed the car down to stare and whistle.

Then when I asked...What was that? They got all aghast..."Why are you so insecure? Im with you, arent I? Im not with her! Stop being so insecure...jeez!"

Just leave. That mentality is like a 12 year old boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships