Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 06:05 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I think its wise, especially if this is a blind date / from OLD, to meet them in a public place, for the first date, definitely, and possibly a few subsequent meetings.

When is it ok to be alone with a person you are dating, to ensure safety from a violent or predatory person?

Also bonus question: any advice on how to handle a guy who is pressuring for sex. The obvious answer is not date him, but if one finds themself in a situation with a pushy pressury guy, what is the best course of action?
Meet at public places. No picking you up.

The best course of action is ....Don’t put yourself in such situation where you can be attacked or pressured. Hence you meet him there and you go home alone from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 06:22 PM

6,461 posts, read 3,985,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
No....haters against any group are super easy to spot.....& if they hate 1 group they probably hate other stuff too...

E d i t: Bad boys can be good later..smiles...but they have to be able to respect our boundaries & not want to meet in private places at 1st because that kinda bad is bad...
Immature, out-of-control, and disrespectful is never good later unless you're a masochist... and not in a good way.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:05 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Immature, out-of-control, and disrespectful is never good later unless you're a masochist... and not in a good way.
Ermygosh....who said *anything* about immature...out of control...or disrespectful? All my posts have been about my experience & the importance the man respects you & understands why safety is important to us......& my Bf even talked to my mom & my sister before we met.......& they had his information.....

We teased for a long time after it that I’m going to have to text my mom so the cops don’t break down his door.....every time we were together....

If a man is immature or disrespectful....DONT meet him......only meet someone you are comfortable with that respects you....& respects women....& that’s why getting to know the guy is so important 1st....& meet in a public place the 1st time......

Don’t meet guys that are disrespectful....or don’t know how to treat you......

Old 10-08-2019, 07:46 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
Quote:
I would never agree to get in a guy’s car the 1st time we are meeting.......ever!!

I wouldn’t want him coming to where I live either. 1st meetings belong in public IMO....
We talked online and on the phone several times a day for 6 months before our first date. I talked to her (married) daughters almost as much. Just to get to know me. She told them when and where she was meeting me and they both said to have fun and the youngest added the "don't do anything I wouldn't do".

I had met another lady online a few months before meeting my wife. We talked for maybe 3 weeks before meeting. After doing a little shopping and dinner we went to one of her friends' where she played cards. She asked if I minded being her designated driver so she could have some wine coolers. I drove her home around 2 am and found out about halfway there that she was mad at me. She had permission from her friend to use their bedroom before the ride home and I didn't make any moves in that direction. Never heard from her again.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Ermygosh....who said *anything* about immature...out of control...or disrespectful? All my posts have been about my experience & the importance the man respects you & understands why safety is important to us......& my Bf even talked to my mom & my sister before we met.......& they had his information.....

We teased for a long time after it that I’m going to have to text my mom so the cops don’t break down his door.....every time we were together....

If a man is immature or disrespectful....DONT meet him......only meet someone you are comfortable with that respects you....& respects women....& that’s why getting to know the guy is so important 1st....& meet in a public place the 1st time......

Don’t meet guys that are disrespectful....or don’t know how to treat you......
You responded to my post about feeling unsafe around frat-boy types with

Quote:
E d i t: Bad boys can be good later..smiles...

That's what a frat-boy type IS. Immature, out-of-control, disrespectful. (And sometimes feeling entitled.)

Old 10-08-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
You responded to my post about feeling unsafe around frat-boy types with

That's what a frat-boy type IS. Immature, out-of-control, disrespectful. (And sometimes feeling entitled.)

I responded to your post about guys that are haters......so easy to spot...something to look out for when deciding if to meet a guy or not. Don’t meet haters.....at all....

I dunno any frat boys tho....I did 9 years ago.......

Old 10-08-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I responded to your post about guys that are haters......so easy to spot...something to look out for when deciding if to meet a guy or not. Don’t meet haters.....at all....

I dunno any frat boys tho....I did 9 years ago.......
No, they're not easy to spot. That's the point. It all comes out online. If there were as many blatant woman-haters in the real world as there are online, they'd be at least half of the men you meet on the street. That's not how it shakes out. So it stands to reason plenty of them act like they're otherwise when the stakes matter.

And, "bad boys" and woman-haters are not the same thing. And the latter is never good, now or later. I suppose if someone hates herself also and wants to be treated badly, she might enjoy it.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
No, they're not easy to spot. That's the point. It all comes out online. If there were as many blatant woman-haters in the real world as there are online, they'd be at least half of the men you meet on the street. That's not how it shakes out. So it stands to reason plenty of them act like they're otherwise when the stakes matter.

And, "bad boys" and woman-haters are not the same thing. And the latter is never good, now or later. I suppose if someone hates herself also and wants to be treated badly, she might enjoy it.

I know woman haters.....or guys that hate on people or animals or anything.....are never good......ofc!! I’ve talked to lots of them online.....

That’s why I tried to emphasize *so much* in my posts.....about knowing somebody before you meet up with a guy alone...it has to be when you are comfortable....my current Bf it went a little faster because I had such an organic click with him....BUT we still had to *test each other*....

It took me several weeks.......

Old 10-08-2019, 10:41 PM

17,759 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
People younger than 31 get online dating
Quote:
I’m 31
Sorry, Tasha, you are too old to get online dating.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:59 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
If you are afraid to be alone with someone you should not be dating them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships