Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 12:01 PM

4,030 posts, read 3,308,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I've heard it from at least thousands of women. So much so that in the state I live in, Texas, a law was just passed making it illegal for men to send those pics unsolicited. WTF does a law even have to be made? Control yourselves!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I have only ever had 3 men send me those kinds of pictures. All three of them were the singers of metal bands. I have joked that I believe this says something about "rockstar" front-men having a certain need for attention. Freakin' prima donnas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I’d say an unsolicited D pic happens to me maybe 1/7 or 8 people I have conversations with. And another 2 will hint they have them available.

You never know if a pic request will be genuine or a precursor to the D pic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
It happens A LOT.

Thanks for all of you answering this question. Often you are having an interaction and you sense there is something off, but you are not sure why.

But having a better understanding of the issues that women are actually dealing with, gives me a better idea of some of the stuff women are likely to be bothered by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2019, 12:11 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Thanks for all of you answering this question. Often you are having an interaction and you sense there is something off, but you are not sure why.

But having a better understanding of the issues that women are actually dealing with, gives me a better idea of some of the stuff women are likely to be bothered by.
My son just turned 18, he is out of high school, and he admitted not long ago that he'd sent D pics to girls in high school. I groaned and facepalmed and sighed...because I DID teach him not to do that, tried to at least. I explained to him when he got his first device capable of taking digital photos (a Nintendo game thingie, not even a phone yet) that he must not take pictures of his private parts because it is ILLEGAL for anyone to have photos of underage kids naked like that. He was about 9 years old, I think, then. I've reiterated over the years, not to take, send, receive, or keep any nude pictures of his own underage self or other underage people. He says "everyone does" and I'm like NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOooooooOOO I don't care if everyone does!!!!! Agghhh! NO.

lol

But this recent admission came at a point where he's actually 18, and I said, "Dude, please don't be that guy. Nobody really needs or wants pictures of your junk. Seriously. Just don't." I don't even need or want images of famous wieners, so assuredly we don't appreciate your typical man's D pic as much as he wants us to.

And I've been in conversations with men who seem really desperate for some validation that their equipment is up to snuff. I tell them,

"You know what my favorite, my very most favorite tallywackers have been, in all my life experience with all the partners I have had, the very best ones of all?

They were attached to the body of a man I wanted to have fun with."

Old 10-09-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
Its possible to be attracted to someone but not ready to have sex. With my (TW) date rape experience, I likely would have had sex with him in the next few dates. I just didnt want to on that first date. I wanted the romance to have a chance to build, I wanted him to court me a bit more, take me out to dinner etc. Not to say I wasnt attracted, but I never guessed he would do what he did. I think I also didnt report it because I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and doubted my own perception of the experience.

But if I hadnt invited him over, he wouldnt have had the opportunity, so I must accept some blame.
I am sorry this happened to you. It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

You are accountable for everything that happens in your life, but you are not responsible for everything that happens in your life. What I mean by that is you have to learn from your past and you have to accept it and deal with, even the stuff you don't want to think about. But you aren't responsible for it.

I think most people are good, but some people are really messed up. I think its healthy to be in a relationship and to want to give and receive love. So I think its brave and positive that you want to restart dating. I wish you luck here.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:53 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,281,751 times
Quote:
I am sorry this happened to you. It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

You are accountable for everything that happens in your life, but you are not responsible for everything that happens in your life. What I mean by that is you have to learn from your past and you have to accept it and deal with, even the stuff you don't want to think about. But you aren't responsible for it.

I think most people are good, but some people are really messed up. I think its healthy to be in a relationship and to want to give and receive love. So I think its brave and positive that you want to restart dating. I wish you luck here.
Thank you very much for your kind words.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:10 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
What exactly are you saying? (the bolded)
😂I’m waiting for that too. It seemed obvious to me, but...

Old 10-09-2019, 01:13 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Don't date any man unless he agrees to wear an explosive collar around his neck with you having the trigger. Make sure it has a timer and has to have a code that only YOU know inputted every hour. And just to be sure make him war a chastity device.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:34 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:

Just to let you know, a new trend I've been hearing about from .women is men post up pictures of themselves sitting on the toilet. (Yes you read that right) They think it's funny and they are ranging in age from 20's-40's. It's a total cess-pool, if you ask me.

Old 10-09-2019, 09:59 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Just to let you know, a new trend I've been hearing about from .women is men post up pictures of themselves sitting on the toilet.
This is what the women will see after they marry the man. I'd want to know.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Just to let you know, a new trend I've been hearing about from .women is men post up pictures of themselves sitting on the toilet. (Yes you read that right) They think it's funny and they are ranging in age from 20's-40's. It's a total cess-pool, if you ask me.

I can actually partially explain this one.

I understand the genesis of this idea. Maybe your friend just broke up with his ex and reluctant to start reaching out to others, worried that he might just get rejected again. To get him to do something, you and your other friends tell him to do something stupid with the rational that once he has committed his biggest fear, got rejected and the world didn't blow up then he doesn't have to be so worried about the outcome going forward. There is no ego loss on that message because of course she is going to reject you. So there is no shame in that. But it gets him past sending out his big stumbling block sending out his first message.

I am betting that this is how this stuff starts.

Old 10-10-2019, 08:10 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:

This is the kinda stuff that people that don’t know online dating hear & they think *all guys* online are doing it....it’s so silly IMO....know the guy you’re dating......you don’t just close your eyes & say him....

E d i t: that’s not even allowed on dating websites......A N D...any guy that would do that kinda stupid stuff wouldn’t take his time to know you to meet anyways.....it’s serious registered daters that can be verified......not people that spend their days in a game or trying to get lots of clicks or trend & if they are, don’t meet them.....no amt of time would be enough....

Last edited by TashaPosh; 10-10-2019 at 08:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships