Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 10:49 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
How frequently does that occur? Is that some the average woman on line date gets one a day, once a week, once a month, one a year or just something you heard happened to a friend of a friend?
I’d say an unsolicited D pic happens to me maybe 1/7 or 8 people I have conversations with. And another 2 will hint they have them available.

You never know if a pic request will be genuine or a precursor to the D pic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 10:53 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,684,449 times
I think it's okay to wait two weeks online or a lot less and meet a person in a public place. A lot of people online play games. If a person is willing to meet in-person and they show, then you know that that person is serious. So, that's not a part I personally like to take my time with unless distance is a huge factor.

Old 10-08-2019, 10:54 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,584,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Not everyone waits weeks or months before meeting someone in person. How do you verify that the information they provide is real? Any social media account can be falsified.

It's absolutely good to check things out and do whatever research you can but it doesn't mean what they give you is the truth. I think for the most part people are truthful but sadly there are some that aren't.

Ita that some are not truthful & giving over real information comes slowly.....as you build trust....so IMO you have to wait weeks before meeting in person to know him more & to verify stuff....no one wants to give personal information the 1st time they talk....

A man you meet at the grocery store could lie to you too....& a Facebook that has lots of pictures & friends & shows his relationship status as single is kinda impossible to falsify A N D he should be verifiable on any dating website too. Nev & Max have taught people how to research & verify .....& falsified accounts are kinda easy to spot...like Facebook.....

Old 10-08-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Frimpter is younger than you are. You need to find another insult du jour.

People younger than 31 get online dating......they grew up on the internet & they aren’t afraid to meet people on it......with the right precautions....it’s not an insult.......

E d i t: A N D everyone in their 20s has tried online dating or knows someone that has.....& has watched Nev & Max for what to do & how to research.....or they have met a friend through social media.....

Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
But you can do all the vetting you want....before you agree to meet someone tho......because you have learned so many details about him...or her. If you can’t verify them....then don’t meet....

Meeting a stranger just because they are at a bar or a store doesn’t mean they are who they say they are tho.....did you ever read Looking for Mr. Goodbar? How many rapists...or just guys that want sex....look for a victim in a bar? Lots of people think it’s nothing to pick up someone they don’t know long before the internet was around......bars...grocery stores...airports....but think online is dangerous when you can have all the time you want.....to verify him or ask anything you want & get to know him over hours & hours before meeting & then still take precautions when you do meet...........

Guys that just want sex go to clubs...bars...& look at websites that are for that.....so they don’t have to put out the effort & time to get to know us......
While I am not uncomfortable meeting strangers, I have a heightened level of caution with online people because I think people are a bit more apt to hide more behind an online profile.

This is why people say evil things via online comments and social media, they wouldn’t say to someone’s face. Same thing applies.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:03 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,421,645 times
Quote:
I dunno if any gangbangers are on dating sites.....but......if I was talking & facetiming to a gangbanger....I would know it.......whose intuition skills are that bad???

For Pete’s sake...you don’t agree to meet live everyone you meet online.....you vet & get to know him...or her...

It’s really hard for older people to get it........
I just turned 34. And I think the points I was making went way over your head.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:10 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
It quite simple really. With the internet you have access to interact with everyone. At least before OLD, there were certain limits to how you would meet people (the places you frequent, family/friends/work, events). Now, basically anyone and everyone has access to you.

In my day to day life, I don't come across or interact with a gangbanger. However, in online dating I could easily come across and interact with one without having to leave my living room.

This, which is common sense, really. While anyone in one's day-to-day environment could have predatory leanings, those individuals would represent a one-off, while the online venues tend to attract them. For example: pedophiles seeking relationships with single moms. How often would an employed single mom come across a pedophile in her day-to-day life, vs. the risk online? The percentage is higher online.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
While I am not uncomfortable meeting strangers, I have a heightened level of caution with online people because I think people are a bit more apt to hide more behind an online profile.

This is why people say evil things via online comments and social media, they wouldn’t say to someone’s face. Same thing applies.

That’s why you gotta vet the person & get to know them...if they are rude or say something evil...you wouldn't meet them ofc....

Friendships develop...& romantic feelings.....like any other relationship. Just like you would turn some guys down for a date you met another way....you turn down guys online too.......

Ita some people use fake accounts...harass...imitate....but that’s super easy to find once you have a little information......so take the time to get comfortable before meeting.......& a good guy will respect it.....

Old 10-08-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
I just turned 34. And I think the points I was making went way over your head.

I’m 31....but if you don’t like to meet anyone from online.....don’t? Your answer to the O.P. would be never then.....shrugs.....

Old 10-08-2019, 11:36 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
People younger than 31 get online dating......they grew up on the internet & they aren’t afraid to meet people on it......with the right precautions....it’s not an insult.......

E d i t: A N D everyone in their 20s has tried online dating or knows someone that has.....& has watched Nev & Max for what to do & how to research.....or they have met a friend through social media.....
You made an erroneous assumption and a generalization.

I met my boyfriend online, and I'm ancient. But this isn't really the point. SOME people get it and some don't. Age isn't the determining factor. That's just **silly.**
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships