Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 12:40 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Women know that the person who files first has the upper hand. the remaining party, is now forced to play defense for the remainder of the divorce proceedings. which is not a good position to be in, believe me.
You speak an awful lot on behalf of women and what they think/want/know. Perhaps I have been misguided by your username and you are not a man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,142,093 times
Quote:
Women know that the person who files first has the upper hand. the remaining party, is now forced to play defense for the remainder of the divorce proceedings. which is not a good position to be in, believe me.
In Florida, doesn't matter who files first.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
You speak an awful lot on behalf of women and what they think/want/know. Perhaps I have been misguided by your username and you are not a man?
I work with 85 Young Alpha Women, and have for the last 6 years, I have learned a lot, that most guys aren't in the position to know. Being one of the few Men there, they act and talk, as gals only do when there are no Guys around. so I may know them better than they know themselves.

Last edited by Thaskateguy; 12-08-2009 at 01:58 PM..

Old 12-08-2009, 01:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
I work with 85 Young Alpha Women, and have for the last 6 years, I have leaned a lot, that most guys aren't in the positon to know. Being one of the few Men there, they act and talk, as gals only do when there are no Guys around. so I may know them better than they know themselves.
dear friend i hear you but they dont. they wont. facts and figures and experiences are of no avail, its all about him. unless of course you wana have a rational conversation about the topic, then you got to talk to a mother whose son has been crucified in the divorce courts.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:47 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Not all women who file for divorce believe that. I'm sure there are women who file thinking the odds are against them, maybe because they signed a prenup or because they don't have the financial resources for a long legal battle. With any legal action, the person initiating isn't always at an advantage. Think about all the frivolous lawsuits people file against companies, the government, doctors, etc. The person suing knows they have a long shot at winning, but they do it in anyways.

Quote:
I work with 85 Young Alpha Women, and have for the last 6 years, I have leaned a lot, that most guys aren't in the positon to know. Being one of the few Men there, they act and talk, as gals only do when there are no Guys around. so I may know them better than they know themselves.
They may be more candid around you, but don't kid yourself. I'm sure there are things they keep to themselves. And if you think you know them better than they know themselves, then you're just deluding yourself.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:54 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Much much more often than men? I read a stat that women file around 70 percent of the time!!! Why is this?
Because when they do it is the only thing left that can be done. Typically they have exhausted all other possibilities.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:55 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Money for the most part.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Because when they do it is the only thing left that can be done. Typically they have exhausted all other possibilities.
IMO: For the few females I may agree but otherwise they haven't exhausted anything or have/will try to.

The rest of the Men that know and have lived the divorce can add to this.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,464,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Not all women who file for divorce believe that. I'm sure there are women who file thinking the odds are against them, maybe because they signed a prenup or because they don't have the financial resources for a long legal battle. With any legal action, the person initiating isn't always at an advantage. Think about all the frivolous lawsuits people file against companies, the government, doctors, etc. The person suing knows they have a long shot at winning, but they do it in anyways.

They may be more candid around you, but don't kid yourself. I'm sure there are things they keep to themselves. And if you think you know them better than they know themselves, then you're just deluding yourself.
The first thing my Ex was told by her attorney, was to empty out all of my accounts, and my safe deposit box. she had plenty of money to file, I had not nickle one for my defense. She had methodically planed her moves for months. the whole time never giving me a clue. ---As for point two, women don't even know what makes them tick, but a good cry is usually involved. Then all is right with the world again, till next month.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:11 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I once read an article that made some sense.

In effect it gave the example of a woman who is unhappy in the marriage. She tries to have a conversation about her unhappiness, but the man only hears and sees the attempts at fixing the relationship as nagging and criticism. He gets angry and completely misses the points she is trying to make.

Eventually, the woman stops trying to get him to listen to her. The man figures now that she's stopped "criticizing", all is well! There is no longer any problem. In truth, the woman has given up. She sees that the marriage is doomed. In time, she files for divorce.

The man does not see this coming, yea though it has been in front of his face for a long time. He is shocked and appalled that this divorce has come "out of nowhere".

I didn't make this up and I'm not saying it's always the case, but I have seen this play out many, many times. In one recent case, the woman kept asking her husband for more attention--he was a come-home-have-beer-and-watch-TV kind of guy, never went to the kids' activities, never went out on dates with his wife, etc. The kids grew up and she decided to file for divorce and make a life for herself that was more than fetching beer and sandwiches for him.

His response was that he wanted her to see a doctor because he is sure that she is having some kind of hormonal problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships