Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 11:09 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times

Advertisements

Sometimes one might mis-take hanging out with a friend of opposite sex as getting married to them or living happily ever after, and the relentlessness scares one away instead....whether the male or the female. If its something meant to happen, it will. But if not, simply stay friends. Heck, I have male buddies.....single and married....and they know from day one, better than to think things will go any further. Thank gawd they dont think like that.......
(sorry, I edited...)

Last edited by country pride; 12-25-2009 at 11:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 11:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar
I consider meetings to be a waste of my working hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You're kidding right??

Management must love you.
I have to agree with TKramer. I was recently moved into a new team to deal with a big problem. My boss told me she needed my help because she didn't have the experience I have and I agreed to work closely with her. Progress is very slow and what little there is, comes from what I have done. It seems like she is in meetings much of the time.

Some years back, I worked for another woman and covered for her while she was on an extensive absence. Many ridiculous meetings. Finally one idea floated at one was so stupid that I felt compelled to comment. I was later told that it wasn't my place to do this. I tried but was never promoted into the management stream subsequently. I have excellent credentials, experience and have delivered impressive results.

This is where the Japanese have eaten our lunch. At meetings, their management listen to the problems and suggested solutions, from those in the rank and file who know and understand them. Management's job is to see that they are implemented, WHENEVER possible.

Here management's role is to harangue staff for missing quotas. Unfortunately quotas are often easy to fake. Ask our financial service sector!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:36 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,003 times
It all goes back to the relationship he had with his mother.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:12 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Give the guy a break. Maybe he suffered some severe trauma in his life such as an airline crash or a cruise ship disaster. Let's have pity and compassion instead of throwing people under the bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This may turn out to be an interesting discussion. I have a friend who is 39 and he has not had a relationship with a woman for 15 years. When I first heard this, from him, I thought, this guy is a total LOSER but he is not a LOSER, actually he is a very smart dude, but he has some "issues" that can totally prevent a man from finding a good woman or any woman for that matter:

1- He is emotionally immature, he goes out on a date and he becomes attached to a woman right away and the girl gets scared away. He always asks for a kiss on the first date which I think is pretty lame, I am sure he has turned off 50% of the girls he has been out with just by asking for a kiss on the first date.

2- He is a very negative person, his whole outlook on life is negative and pessimistic, girls HATE that. One thing that I have learned over the years is that, if you can make a girl laugh, often, she will start to like you, it always works for me

3- Low self esteem! When he approaches a girl, in his mind, he already thinks that he will never have a chance with that girl, guess what? They turn him DOWN! Girls look for guys who are confident, even if it is BS! That is why you see so many douches and *******s with nice looking girls

4- Every time he has been on a date where there was chemistry, he was so insecure about not getting a second date that he usually blows it all by asking if the girls wants to make out right there or have a one night stand with him. And you wonder why he has not had a girlfriend for so long?

5- When he is interested in a girl, he will call her several times a day and most girls hate this. With so many stalkers out there, I am sure most girls think he may be a psycho and don't want anything to do with him after that.You have to be in control of your emotions if you want to be in a relationship.

Anyways, if you are having hard times finding a woman, these may be some of the reasons WHY Feel free to add some more!

Old 12-27-2009, 11:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Maybe his mother died of cancer. Can't we be a little more caring here.

People aren't "losers" because they want to be. They don't have severe self esteem problems because they "choose to be that way".

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
It all goes back to the relationship he had with his mother.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:48 AM

1,237 posts, read 3,449,350 times
Hello creepy. There would be so many red flags with this guy it's no wonder he's been single!

Honestly- I would suggest counseling/therapy. Maybe he's (or similar guys) are self-sabatoging for a deeper reason? Need to deal with some personal issues first? At the very least he needs to learn to interact in a socially acceptable way - life coach? Something along those lines?

Or maybe he doesn't want a relationship?

Just some thoughts...

Old 01-02-2010, 08:21 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,313,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Maybe his mother died of cancer. Can't we be a little more caring here.

People aren't "losers" because they want to be. They don't have severe self esteem problems because they "choose to be that way".
What I mean if you had a relationship with your guardian or who ever raised you, a sister, what you look for in a woman. Qualities that your familiar with and have seen.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:32 AM

545 posts, read 632,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
3- Low self esteem! When he approaches a girl, in his mind, he already thinks that he will never have a chance with that girl, guess what? They turn him DOWN! Girls look for guys who are confident, even if it is BS! That is why you see so many douches and *******s with nice looking girls
If only smart successful people could be just that little bit more intelligent enough to know to be an idiot douchebag. It's so much more fun and your confidence sky rockets because why would you care what anyone else thinks?

Old 09-25-2014, 11:02 AM

138 posts, read 171,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvernightDelivery View Post
If only smart successful people could be just that little bit more intelligent enough to know to be an idiot douchebag. It's so much more fun and your confidence sky rockets because why would you care what anyone else thinks?

That's what I'm talkin' about!!! Grow a mullet, drink cheap beer, get in an occassional fight, and talk lots of crap and you'll be all set with the ladies.....

Theory of a Deadman - Lowlife [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Old 09-25-2014, 11:08 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Man. You guys. Always blaming women because they don't want to date you. It has zip to do with the fact that you might be doing a great deal to make yourself more attractive to the opposite sex, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships