Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 03:39 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Women have always had sexual power over their husbands.They can get him to do whatever it is they want by bargaining with him. You heard that behind every successful man is a woman?
OMG!!!!!!!! DUCK AND COVER!!!!!!!!!! Just be sure you remain anonymous or the MRA will be hunting you down like the dog they perceive you to be. Tell me..... are you a mangina?..... or one of those REAL, real men?

Old 01-20-2010, 03:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
I can't say I buy into the "Daddy's Little Princess" theory - at least not for my generation. I think the sense of entitlement (and you men have it too, but I suspect the source is different) comes from somewhere else.

When I was in grade school in the late 70s to early 80s, I was taught that as a future woman of the US I could do anything and could be anything. A lot of this was absolutely delusional. For instance, when we learned about a woman's self sufficiency and equality in the work place, it was always in the context of nice, tidy white collar job. You can be a doctor! You can be a lawyer! I supposethat is true, but the reality is, most people aren't doctors and lawyers. I never saw pictures showing me that I could one day support myself by collecting garbage, or fixing things, or any number of boring jobs most people have to do to put food on the table on a daily basis. What I learned in school was only the pie-in-the-sky choices that perhaps 10% of people can actually achieve. The truth is, working is a grind. I don't mind doing it, but let's get honest with girls.

I also had it drummed in to me that I can have it all. I can be a CEO, and be the perfect mother too. (A good wife too, but that was downplayed a lot.) This is of course an outright lie. I don't care what anyone says - and most likely a few women here will yell at me about this - but you can't be great at all. There just isn't enough time in the day.
I think a lot of women around my age seem like princesses because of their wants and unrealistic expectations about what they deserve, but who wouldn't after having this stuff drummed into your head day after day? I was told that as woman I am awesome and deserved to have the best of everything.

I can go on but I gotta run!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:42 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
If you have never cracked a history book...sheesh, I can't start now.. I can't type that much..what do we have..... how many thousands of years of written history...and you've never learned any of it?

Unbelievable...

Lucrezia Borgia? She's a historical figure...

Old 01-20-2010, 03:44 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Read a few of my other posts on here before you jump to that hasty conclusion. On the other hand.....take a step back and ask yourself..."Who did these MEN think they were to withhold that right in the first place?" It was never theirs and theirs alone.

Here's something out of the twilight zone...Maybe you should look at it this way....(I know...outside of the box isn't a forte for some)... perhaps women didn't have time to be bothered with the "triviality" of the decision making processes and they actually ALLOWED men to be the ones to vote. Perhaps women were "trusting" that their men would make decisions which were in the best interest of their families. After all, the women were a bit caught up in manually doing all of the things that she has machines to do these days...laundry, sewing, gardening, baking, cooking, child-rearing, beating carpets, plucking chickens....you know....the stuff guys didn't care to do.

Don't ever think that I would dream of spitting in the faces of the type of men who actually believed that people should be treated like people. But don't ever disillusion yourSELF into thinking that all men get the credit for their decisions. That vote wasn't unanimous...not by a longshot, and the ancestors of the "nay" voters are out here in large numbers, wailing like banshees over the injustice of it all. Furthermore..... remember this, even though some of those guys voted yes, don't think it wasn't selfishly motivated by the men who had a wife and several daughters over the age of 18. If the man had 3 grown women in the house, he had 4 votes. Even though women were allowed to vote...they STILL voted the way the man of the house voted. After all, he was the head......HE just had more votes, once his wimmen folk got the right to vote. Good gawd, we're not ALL quite as stupid as you'd like us to be. Duh!
"""On the other hand.....take a step back and ask yourself..."Who did these MEN think they were to withhold that right in the first place?" It was never theirs and theirs alone. """

Great response!

Why should we thank those who withheld our rights in the first place when they were finally forced to give us what was already ours by rights as human beings.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,719,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Women have always had sexual power over their husbands.They can get him to do whatever it is they want by bargaining with him. You heard that behind every successful man is a woman?
Yes.

Women are the driving force behind men. The success of men is due to the influence of their women in their lives.

That's a lot of power.

Why do men fight battles and build great structures? To perform and gain the approval of women.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:51 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,728,378 times
[quote=Who?Me?!;12534792]"""On the other hand.....take a step back and ask yourself..."Who did these MEN think they were to withhold that right in the first place?" It was never theirs and theirs alone. """

Great response!

Why should we thank those who withheld our rights in the first place when they were finally forced to give us what was already ours by rights as human beings.[/quote]

It's called GROOMING...... molesters and sexual predators do it all the time! Withhold....then give.....then expect gratefulness.

Again, giving women the vote, was not ONLY a gesture of finally waking up and smelling the coffee. Like I said, historically, the women of the household voted the same as their men. (obviously, that is NOT the case nearly as often these days). Therefore, if the man had several "voting aged" women in the house, he got his vote and theirs too. Not a bad trade off.....until women started making up their own minds and no longer felt like traitors for voting differently than their husbands. Edit: You see....a man who had many sons, generally had more say in political matters....the man with many daughters, had very little. Allowing women to vote, evened the playing field a bit. Oh thank you heir males....LOL

You real guys....I am not directing my "sarcasm" at you. You know who you are! I think you're great. Please, just PLEASE do not let the Adolphs out there convince you that you are lesser men...because you are not! You are the real men of the world....the men that your children and women everywhere will truly respect. Not out of fear.....but out of love and comradeship.

Last edited by beachmel; 01-20-2010 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: To the REAL men out there....

Old 01-20-2010, 03:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Eh, no one has any "rights". The only way to have those is to fight for them tooth and nail. You're not given a free ride for anything.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:54 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Yes.

Women are the driving force behind men. The success of men is due to the influence of their women in their lives.

That's a lot of power.

Why do men fight battles and build great structures? To perform and gain the approval of women.
so you mean it was actually women who withheld the right to vote from women, and they only used men as pawns in their wicked game to perpetrate their hatred for -- well, themselves I guess...?..??..?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:28 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
so you mean it was actually women who withheld the right to vote from women, and they only used men as pawns in their wicked game to perpetrate their hatred for -- well, themselves I guess...?..??..?

Hi solytaire,

OK lets get over the right to vote since it was only about 200 years since some men had the right to vote and about a 100 year gap for women which is accounted for by just assuming a house hold vote given they did not have ballot machines.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:32 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi solytaire,

OK lets get over the right to vote since it was only about 200 years since some men had the right to vote and about a 100 year gap for women which is accounted for by just assuming a house hold vote given they did not have ballot machines.
very well then...so you mean that it was actually women who started wars, holocausts and pillaged foreign lands and they only used men as pawns in their wicked game to perpetrate their hatred for -- well, humanity I guess...?..??..?

Thats more like it I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships