Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:25 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I could never be attracted to a passive guy who was too "shy" and didn't have enough courage to ask me out for a date. Maybe it's biology but my man must have healthy testosterone levels and be... manly. I am attracted to men who act like men, not like scared little girls.

I think wimpy guys end up with domineering women who like to wear the pants. That is fine I guess but it certainly wouldn't work for me.
Intriguing, is this the only factor for judging a man as being low of testosterone and less than manly?
Are there other criteria?
Or despite him being a construction worker, in the weekend football league, being able to fix anything around the home, work on cars, weld, and an ex boxer would he still be unmanly by preferring women to ask him out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
They are complete and total morons. No, I will go one further, any guy not flattered by a girls interest is simply not worthy of any girls interest. Doesn't mean a compatibility will exist just that "Wow, its nice to be attractive".
Comparing the overall attraction for women I have approached versus women who have approached me.......
The women who approached me were way better fits for me than the women I approached.
Brings me to the conclusion that since I suck at choosing, I should just rely on being chosen.

Does not mean it works for everyone.
Some guys are better off doing the majority of the choosing.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,902 times
Also, remember that in order to get approached, a woman has to have the appearance of being approachable. And I don't mean to look like a 10 or half-nude. Just decent looking and with a welcoming countenance. If a woman can have a friendly and approachable attitude and even with a little interest, then the average male can be assured that the initiation will be more worth his time. If a woman is friendly and shows some interest yet a man doesn't take the initiative from there, then he has no one to blame except himself.

As for those females who want a prince charming who sweeps them off their feet while they have the "American Princess" attitude: one, they aren't worth the time anyway, and two, they have more than enough gullible males drooling all over her as is pulling off the "macho male" act or wooing her with laughable tactics that are sugar-coated these days as "game." Depending on where one lives and where one socializes, this can range from a very minuscule to an overwhelming majority percentage of females.

Where I live, most females have some of the most unapproachable countenances, nasty looks, and "American Princess Complex" attitudes I have ever seen. Unless you fit their "image" of what a man is supposed to be, you will get nasty treatment, and a consistent amount of that makes individuals not as approachable. Yet many of these same females expect men to come to them in droves despite their scornful looks, nasty attitudes, and overweight bodies.

As I said, many of these broads aren't worth it, but unfortunately, this is the majority of the single female scene in this city. It's basically what one would expect in a city with millions of people, but the options aren't as wide and great in number & variety as in a major city, throwing out almost any incentive to try. This is the main reason why I don't approach a lot of women in general and wait until they show undeniable interest before making any moves. A long term goal is to move to a socially friendlier environment where people still remember how to be humans and its single scene isn't full of holier-than-though mentalities (and to be fair, the single males do this almost as much as the single females in this area).

Old 05-17-2010, 10:59 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Also, remember that in order to get approached, a woman has to have the appearance of being approachable. And I don't mean to look like a 10 or half-nude. Just decent looking and with a welcoming countenance. If a woman can have a friendly and approachable attitude and even with a little interest, then the average male can be assured that the initiation will be more worth his time. If a woman is friendly and shows some interest yet a man doesn't take the initiative from there, then he has no one to blame except himself.

As for those females who want a prince charming who sweeps them off their feet while they have the "American Princess" attitude: one, they aren't worth the time anyway, and two, they have more than enough gullible males drooling all over her as is pulling off the "macho male" act or wooing her with laughable tactics that are sugar-coated these days as "game." Depending on where one lives and where one socializes, this can range from a very minuscule to an overwhelming majority percentage of females.

Where I live, most females have some of the most unapproachable countenances, nasty looks, and "American Princess Complex" attitudes I have ever seen. Unless you fit their "image" of what a man is supposed to be, you will get nasty treatment, and a consistent amount of that makes individuals not as approachable. Yet many of these same females expect men to come to them in droves despite their scornful looks, nasty attitudes, and overweight bodies.

As I said, many of these broads aren't worth it, but unfortunately, this is the majority of the single female scene in this city. It's basically what one would expect in a city with millions of people, but the options aren't as wide and great in number & variety as in a major city, throwing out almost any incentive to try. This is the main reason why I don't approach a lot of women in general and wait until they show undeniable interest before making any moves. A long term goal is to move to a socially friendlier environment where people still remember how to be humans and its single scene isn't full of holier-than-though mentalities (and to be fair, the single males do this almost as much as the single females in this area).
Great point maybe it would be slightly easier to approach women if they didnt act like you are a creep for even approaching them if they dont find you physically attrtacive..Its hard enough to get rejected its even worse when the women maks you feel like you're a piece of garbage not worhty of being in her presence..

Women want men to approach and do all the work but only the few percent of Men they find attractive..

Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Great point maybe it would be slightly easier to approach women if they didnt act like you are a creep for even approaching them if they dont find you physically attrtacive..Its hard enough to get rejected its even worse when the women maks you feel like you're a piece of garbage not worhty of being in her presence..

Women want men to approach and do all the work but only the few percent of Men they find attractive..
But you have the option of taking the rejections as personal or let it go. Don't internalize the unrealistic and shallow preferences of one broad to deter your self-worth. And in the case of being rejected consistently, take a good observation, BOTH of what you're doing and the general environment around you.

This is why I was alluding to the option of trying a place that's culturally different than one's certain location if one is consistently unsuccessful or finds himself in a rut; whether it's another region in the states or outside the country completely. I'm currently in the East Coast, but my personality is definitely more geared for the Western States. That's one of the reasons why I have a lower than average drive to meet women where I am, but am more concerned with getting to a place I will feel more comfortable.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:44 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Taking initiative can be seen in a few different ways.

1. Is taking initiative when given the right signals to

2. Taking the cold approach without signals

I think most men do 1, and most guys who do 2...also do 1.

Few women do 1 and even fewer do 2.

IMO most women don't do either because most men are either doing 1 &/or 2.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Taking initiative can be seen in a few different ways.

1. Is taking initiative when given the right signals to

2. Taking the cold approach without signals

I think most men do 1, and most guys who do 2...also do 1.

Few women do 1 and even fewer do 2.

IMO most women don't do either because most men are either doing 1 &/or 2.
simple supply and demand.
great post.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Relationship is pretty much all about a women and what the women wants feels needs, the guys just an accessory.

Yup, who is also interchangeable.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:

Yea I agree. But at the same time, looking at it from a woman's point of view (as best I can) some women are approached all the time and they get sick of it. Furthermore, not all men who approach women are mature in their nature. You know, some dudes just don't get the message.

As for myself, I know the woman is interested BEFORE I even say anything. Usually they crack a smile and look downward to the side as soon as I'm about to open my mouth. Other girls that don't like me are just cold and business like.

Quote:
As I said, many of these broads aren't worth it, but unfortunately, this is the majority of the single female scene in this city.
I happen to agree which is why I refuse to get married in this day and age. I LOVE women and I'm perfectly capable of staying with one woman but the problem is that women (and our society) have chanced such a great deal over the past 50 years in a direction were marriage is no longer a viable option for MEN.

Just like your Firefox browser, people need to update themselves on the current dating market and all the laws surrounding it that have changed. To be honest I blame much of all the confusion on the government! The government needs to stay the F**** out of peoples lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Morphous01; 05-17-2010 at 07:45 PM..

Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,639 times
When men get rejected, their friends make fun of them and it is forgotten.

When women get rejected they lock themselves in a dark room and rock in the foetal position for a week.

It's just harder on us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships