Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 04:16 PM

121 posts, read 192,372 times

Advertisements

I have been thinking about that because usually it's the man who has to initiate everything and do all the work in a relationship, usually it's the man who proposes, usually men are more affectionate, usually men are the ones who want sex more.... and usually it's the woman who breaks up or files for divorce. So because of that is it even possible for a woman to love a man as much as a man can love a woman? If you think I'm wrong could you give me some reasons as to why I'm wrong in thinking this, I would like to be proven wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 04:19 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
What? I've never heard of men being more affectionate.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 PM

147 posts, read 296,738 times
HAHAH...show me the proof that more women file for divorce than men!!!

The only thing I can think is somewhat true is that men initiate sex more (DEPENDING ON THE MALE)...but does sex=love? NO.

I'm a female and I am the one that has gotten my heart broken. When I have given everything I have to give, tried to be the best girl humanly possible and it still wasn't good enough. Now I am in a committed relationship where it is 50/50. We are both affectionate. We both initiate sex.

To me it just sounds like you are bitter over a bad break-up.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:25 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cieramc View Post
HAHAH...show me the proof that more women file for divorce than men!!!

The only thing I can think is somewhat true is that men initiate sex more (DEPENDING ON THE MALE)...but does sex=love? NO.

I'm a female and I am the one that has gotten my heart broken. When I have given everything I have to give, tried to be the best girl humanly possible and it still wasn't good enough. Now I am in a committed relationship where it is 50/50. We are both affectionate. We both initiate sex.

To me it just sounds like you are bitter over a bad break-up.
You make it sound like initiating a nuclear fission reactor LMAO

Old 05-16-2010, 04:29 PM

147 posts, read 296,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You make it sound like initiating a nuclear fission reactor LMAO
I don't know what that means.

Old 05-16-2010, 04:52 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times
I could never be attracted to a passive guy who was too "shy" and didn't have enough courage to ask me out for a date. Maybe it's biology but my man must have healthy testosterone levels and be... manly. I am attracted to men who act like men, not like scared little girls.

I think wimpy guys end up with domineering women who like to wear the pants. That is fine I guess but it certainly wouldn't work for me.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:05 PM

121 posts, read 192,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I could never be attracted to a passive guy who was too "shy" and didn't have enough courage to ask me out for a date. Maybe it's biology but my man must have healthy testosterone levels and be... manly. I am attracted to men who act like men, not like scared little girls.

I think wimpy guys end up with domineering women who like to wear the pants. That is fine I guess but it certainly wouldn't work for me.
Ok so in your oppinion the man has to initiate everything and do all the work in a relationship or else he is a wimp? I don't know about that, you do know that men would like to feel loved and appriciated as well? But hey I guess men who do want to feel loved and appriciated and doesn't want to initiate every single thing are wimps now. Thats ridicilous but I guess I have to get used to it.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:17 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,042,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
I know, I really don't like it either because it opens you up for rejection and possible confrontations with boyfriends. Ok, I have a high self esteem, and I almost bench press 300lbs so I'm over it...lol

But my thing is this, with all these modern women leaving the duties of homemaking, and with more women going to collage then men, and with all these women now climbing the corporate ladder, well, why ain't these same women extending the aggressive go get it attitude with picking up guys and setting up dates (even paying for it) if it means so much in seeking upward mobility and independence for themselves?

Seriously, seems to me that women like the jump the fence on this issue because it's all based on CONVENIENCE.

Old 05-16-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post

On that note, this was a good little short video that talks about some of the things you just said.

YouTube - Is Monogamy Natural?

Old 05-16-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^I've gone one better. Every woman I've dated has initiated it. I NEVER have. Sure, it's not a lot, but at least I know that every single one of them was interested in me.

It's not about quantity, but quality.
So how many girls in total asked you out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships