Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:45 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Must be great to be you, Kramar.

BTW: you wanna go out!
Why? I'm busy working most nights of the week, so the only time I could go out--not saying I want to--is the weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
It's got to be MUTUAL. I don't mind taking some initiative but I'm not going to be doing all or even the majority of the calling, suggesting, initiating. That gets really tiresome and I would lose interest because it would seem that the man isn't all that interested in me!

When you call someone, it shows you've been thinking about them. When you invite someone somewhere, it shows you want to spend time with them. Think about the reverse -- if you're not calling, then she thinks that she's not on your mind; if you don't ask her out, then she thinks you're not that keen to spend time with her. Most people want to be wanted and won't push the issue if they don't think they are.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
I meant it as a response to "I LOVE PA", if her daughter thinks she never have to show any intrest or take any initiatives then why would any guy want to date her? Why would any guy want to date a woman who thinks she is god's gift to men? as "Chorizo" said thats just not attractive at all.
I'm not so certain that the comment made by PA's daughter conveys the 'God's Gift' mentality. There are men who prefer to initiate and there are women who accept this.

It seems that women can sometimes 'smother' men and be guilty of being too pushy.

It has been several months since I saw the 'Should I Give Him a Cupcake' thread but I will never forget that. I was a bit scornful until I recently took a similar risk and now must wonder if I was too overbearing or violated boundaries.

Why it must be so complicated I cannot say. If a miracle occurs and you like a person and the person likes you back then be thankful. $.02

Old 04-26-2010, 02:27 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
Default Why is it always the man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
^^ That's your job, not ours. If you view your self as handicapped in the dating world before you even start then just stay put. You will never attract anyone feeling sorry for yourself or harping on your weaknesses...quiet, short, shy....it's not cute, sexy or attractive.

Every pot has it's lid....even shortstacks
Seeniorita, liked your post! You tell it like it is.

Couldn't make reputation work...

Old 04-26-2010, 02:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I'm not so certain that the comment made by PA's daughter conveys the 'God's Gift' mentality. There are men who prefer to initiate and there are women who accept this.

It seems that women can sometimes 'smother' men and be guilty of being too pushy.

It has been several months since I saw the 'Should I Give Him a Cupcake' thread but I will never forget that. I was a bit scornful until I recently took a similar risk and now must wonder if I was too overbearing or violated boundaries.

Why it must be so complicated I cannot say. If a miracle occurs and you like a person and the person likes you back then be thankful. $.02
I wouldn't turn down a cupcake.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I wouldn't turn down a cupcake.
lol--I should search for that thread--so much angst over the cupcake.

You only live once--enjoy the cupcakes --that is what I say.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:00 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
It's not an always thing, but most men are the ones who have to do the pursuing. It's been like that from the beginning of our species. Many animals are the same way: males try to outdo each other and females select the male they want.

For those dogging him for his use of absolutes, stop it. The few women who do pursue man merely are exceptions that prove the rule.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:39 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Excuses? Excuses for what? I was just describing myself... And you go ahead and find a girl who likes shy quiet and short guys.

I happen to like shy and quiet guys - and I don't care if they are short or chubby or whatever. What I DO care about is if they have a nice personality, can make me laugh, enjoy similar tastes in music and are willing to take me waterskiing. What I REALLY REALLY dislike are guys who have so much self-pity, they are drowning in it. They give off an odor that I can smell miles away.

Sorry, but some men can't get a date NOT because they are shy or quiet or short, but because they are simpering, whiney, annoying, woe is me, lost his personality milksops who want to blame women for all their problems.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Quote:
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?

The man is the hunter, but a lot of women are asking out....it's just that, they're not asking you out though.

No work and a lousy attitude won't get you anyone.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
man up brotha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships