Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:33 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

I'm female and I don't mind taking the first step to show him I'm interested. I've done it before and would have no problem doing it again if I ever have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm female and I don't mind taking the first step to show him I'm interested. I've done it before and would have no problem doing it again if I ever have to.
I'm curious, what do you consider "taking the first step" to show him you're interested?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
Well first of all I don't date. I'm very shy and introverted and I'm also quite short, and most women want big strong arrogant alpha males and I'm like the complete opposite of that.
Excuse me??? You don't date?? So how would you even have a clue about who takes the initiative and who doesn't??????

Old 04-26-2010, 08:31 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Excuse me??? You don't date?? So how would you even have a clue about who takes the initiative and who doesn't??????
Aahahaha....to shay!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 AM

121 posts, read 192,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I happen to like shy and quiet guys - and I don't care if they are short or chubby or whatever. What I DO care about is if they have a nice personality, can make me laugh, enjoy similar tastes in music and are willing to take me waterskiing. What I REALLY REALLY dislike are guys who have so much self-pity, they are drowning in it. They give off an odor that I can smell miles away.

Sorry, but some men can't get a date NOT because they are shy or quiet or short, but because they are simpering, whiney, annoying, woe is me, lost his personality milksops who want to blame women for all their problems.
I am not whiney, annoying or self pityd. You never met me, you don't know how I am in real life. Believe me I defenitley do not feel pity for myself... I'd rather be shy and quiet than loud and arrogant. It seems to me atleast that girls like to be chased and they like to play hard to get, I wouldn't like that because that would mean I'd have to take every initiative and make every contact.

Offcourse I know there are exceptions, I'm shure alot of girls have asked guys out. But are you honestly tellling me that girls ask guys out just as much as guys ask girls out?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:03 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
I am not whiney, annoying or self pityd. You never met me, you don't know how I am in real life. Believe me I defenitley do not feel pity for myself... I'd rather be shy and quiet than loud and arrogant. It seems to me atleast that girls like to be chased and they like to play hard to get, I wouldn't like that because that would mean I'd have to take every initiative and make every contact.

Offcourse I know there are exceptions, I'm shure alot of girls have asked guys out. But are you honestly tellling me that girls ask guys out just as much as guys ask girls out?

How many people have picked up on that and posted something about it in both your threads. Maybe you don't think you are - but trust me - you are.

Again, just like your other thread, you have already made assumptions about whether or not women take the initiative and drawn conclusions before even asking whether or not they do.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
How many people have picked up on that and posted something about it in both your threads. Maybe you don't think you are - but trust me - you are.

Again, just like your other thread, you have already made assumptions about whether or not women take the initiative and drawn conclusions before even asking whether or not they do.
You say stuff about me thats just not true. I'm not whiney, I'm just stating facts. I'm not annoying, how can I be anooying when I usually don't even talk irl? How the hell can a quiet person even be annoying? And I don't feel sorry for myself at all, I fully well know I am not ugly and I know I don't have a horrible personality(YOU are the ones that are saying that stuff NOT me) YOU are the one that thinks I'm an annoying, whiney, self pitying loser when infact you have never ever met me. I am not any of those things.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:26 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
You say stuff about me thats just not true. I'm not whiney, I'm just stating facts. I'm not annoying, how can I be anooying when I usually don't even talk irl? How the hell can a quiet person even be annoying? And I don't feel sorry for myself at all, I fully well know I am not ugly and I know I don't have a horrible personality(YOU are the ones that are saying that stuff NOT me) YOU are the one that thinks I'm an annoying, whiney, self pitying loser when infact you have never ever met me. I am not any of those things.

One would have to stop and re-evaluate this when so many people pick up on the same exact thing over and over again. Maybe YOU don't think you are, but if this many people are picking it up just from your written posts, one can only imagine how a person can pick it up being around you. It may not be a conscious decision on your part - it's just a vibe you are giving off and it shows not only in written and spoken terms, but also in attitude, walk and body language and like bloodhounds on a fox hunt, people can smell it and sense it a mile away, thus making your situation that much more difficult. It's really something to consider.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:28 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?

both sexes tend to like it when men are stronger and bolder. that may be a factor.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
One would have to stop and re-evaluate this when so many people pick up on the same exact thing over and over again. Maybe YOU don't think you are, but if this many people are picking it up just from your written posts, one can only imagine how a person can pick it up being around you. It may not be a conscious decision on your part - it's just a vibe you are giving off and it shows not only in written and spoken terms, but also in attitude, walk and body language and like bloodhounds on a fox hunt, people can smell it and sense it a mile away, thus making your situation that much more difficult. It's really something to consider.
The thing is you THINK you know me, you THINK you know how I act in real life, you THINK you know what I think. When in reality you don't have a clue. And if you are going to continue to insult me and go off topic I would appriciate if you left this thread. Theres no way for you to say I have a horrible personality and what vibes I give off judging by what I write on an internet forum.

As I have already said. I know alot of women probably takes the initiative but thats an exception rather than the rule, most of the times its the man who has to initiate. And that is simply a fact. Are you honestly telling me that girls ask guys out just as much as guys ask girls out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships