Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
The thing is you THINK you know me, you THINK you know how I act in real life, you THINK you know what I think. When in reality you don't have a clue. And if you are going to continue to insult me and go off topic I would appriciate if you left this thread. Theres no way for you to say I have a horrible personality and what vibes I give off judging by what I write on an internet forum.

As I have already said. I know alot of women probably takes the initiative but thats an exception rather than the rule, most of the times its the man who has to initiate. And that is simply a fact. Are you honestly telling me that girls ask guys out just as much as guys ask girls out?
I don't think that's what she said. I think most of us would agree that men do the asking more often, (and so what - that's simply the way the male/female things works - get over it) but that is NOT what your post title said. It said, in case you don't remember:

Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative?

And the overwhelming response was, they don't. And that IS a fact. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 06:27 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
Quote:
The thing is you THINK you know me, you THINK you know how I act in real life, you THINK you know what I think. When in reality you don't have a clue. And if you are going to continue to insult me and go off topic I would appriciate if you left this thread. Theres no way for you to say I have a horrible personality and what vibes I give off judging by what I write on an internet forum.

As I have already said. I know alot of women probably takes the initiative but thats an exception rather than the rule, most of the times its the man who has to initiate. And that is simply a fact. Are you honestly telling me that girls ask guys out just as much as guys ask girls out?

But that is exactly the point. What are OTHER people THINKING and REACTING to relative to your own behavior and attitude and feeling? It is not what YOU THINK YOU ARE, but rather what impression you are giving to other people and their perception of you based on things like attitude and body language that makes you desirable and approacable or seem confident or whimpish. People are just trying to answer your question and help you out, but if you aren't even going to consider the possibilties of what a MAJORITY of the people posting are relaying to you, then you have just wasted your own time and energy as well as theirs.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:45 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,414 times
Hey Foxy, you can add defensive and antagonistic to your list of personality traits. You've got a whole slew of women on this thread trying to reassure you and help you identify your weak points and your only response is to scream at them to leave your thread And you wonder why you're single?

Quote:
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
In response to your original question. Although it isn't that common for women to go as far as to ask a guy out on a first date. Every woman I've ever liked initiated signs of interest.

The girl I like right now is a good example. She did everything short of say: "I like you, would you go out with me?" She started by showing special attention, moved on to touching me, and then teasingly flirting. I'm the one who hasn't responded or acted on her interest.

So yup, girls definitely show interest Sometimes guys are so shy they don't even act on that!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
^I've gone one better. Every woman I've dated has initiated it. I NEVER have. Sure, it's not a lot, but at least I know that every single one of them was interested in me.

It's not about quantity, but quality.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,238 times
Quote:
Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?
None of that always happens.
My suggestion is for you to go out to different places locally, maybe travel when you can, and to possibly get into certain social activities that you can do on a regular basis where the women participating may be the more aggressive type.

Oftentimes a person's chosen activities reveal quite a bit about parts of their personality.

The aggressive women I have known have been into sports, skateboarding, motocross, xtreme sports, actual artists (music, painting, sculpture), doing labor intensive jobs(welding, construction, mechanics), of spiritual mindsets other than the mainstream (christian , muslim, judaism) types, rock climbers, hikers, yoga practicioners, etc.
(usually they have at least half or more of these things going on altogether as a sum total).

Not that women outside these were not assertive, but those tend to hold more promise as far as I have experienced.
Widen your net and you will widen your possibilities.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Here is the thing...

When you get some experience you will be able to read signs women give off.

Most of the time they are going to be polite and continue to move on with their day.

Sometimes though, if she likes you, she will make herself available. This I mean she is there in your area. She is making it easy for you to speak up and ask her something. A date, a question about something. It's your objective to see the signs and act.

I know when someone is interested or not. You should look around. There are probably women all around you twirling their hair and making eye contact and you are not even seeing it.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest not ranting on here when you are frustrated. Some individuals on here are easy to tick off. Some don't get past the surface.
He may prefer the rare type of woman who is more direct with her interest.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
You say stuff about me thats just not true. I'm not whiney, I'm just stating facts. I'm not annoying, how can I be anooying when I usually don't even talk irl? How the hell can a quiet person even be annoying? And I don't feel sorry for myself at all, I fully well know I am not ugly and I know I don't have a horrible personality(YOU are the ones that are saying that stuff NOT me) YOU are the one that thinks I'm an annoying, whiney, self pitying loser when infact you have never ever met me. I am not any of those things.
Fox,
A bit of a suggestion, responding in this way does kind of give evidence to the other person's point.
If your posts are a certain way on here, people will assume you are the same in reality.
It would be wise to not give them ammunition.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:12 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^I've gone one better. Every woman I've dated has initiated it. I NEVER have. Sure, it's not a lot, but at least I know that every single one of them was interested in me.

It's not about quantity, but quality.
Yeah, I've had a few girls ask me out and 2 or 3 come straight out and offer sex. But I turned them down, let's just say they weren't in the 'quality' category.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,178,163 times
It's more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help - Miss Manners

Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 AM

121 posts, read 192,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Hey Foxy, you can add defensive and antagonistic to your list of personality traits. You've got a whole slew of women on this thread trying to reassure you and help you identify your weak points and your only response is to scream at them to leave your thread And you wonder why you're single?
First of all I wasn't screaming and secondly I was told repeatedly that I have a horrible personality, that I was annoying, whining, and self pitying by people who have never seen me in real life. You people though mostly "Thursday007" are saying these stuff to me but they don't give me any reason to why I have a horrible personality.

I was simply asking why women never take any initiatives, I was proven wrong in my assumption and I can admit that. But I don't see why I need to take so much abuse for simply making a question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships