Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 02:01 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times

Advertisements

I consider someone in a committed relationship to be taken until I'm told otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 05:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,352,087 times
I consider a girls boyfriend to be like a gun, with an inconsistent trigger.

So I run for my life when a girl says "I have a boyfriend."

Also, girls if you are seeing someone, please be sure to let me know and not let me find out at the movies. I like being able to stand up and sit down.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:20 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
If there is another woman in the picture, in any way, shape or form, I consider him taken.

Do not tell me you're unhappy, she doesn't understand you, or you've been thinking about breaking-up.

If your on the fence about your relationship and sniffing around, I wouldn't date you anyway. If you'd act like that with her you'd act like that with me.

Applies to women too.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
When I met my husband, I was in a relationship. Overlooking this fact worked out well for him. Sometimes people need to go for it if it feels right.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
If your friends think this they are basically saying they would steal your guy and not even be loyal to him unless he folded to being FORCED to propose to them? Why would anyone propose to the town pin cushion that would sleep with whoever's boyfriend? LOL

You need some new friends before your current ones give you some new problems.

I think if you try to flirt or hook up with anyone who is married or dating you reek of desperation and your skank factor is off the charts.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:52 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,273,223 times
When a man says he has a girlfriend, it means he is not available to other women. He is telling you "not interested."

Unless he's a cheater.

And I agree with Pitt: You need new friends. The ones you have are, hmmm, well, I don't want to start a war. Let's just say "smarmy" and leave it at that.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not adultery or cheating unless there's a marriage.
I disagree--I expect exclusivity if I'm going to be in a relationship. She gets it from me, why should I not get it from her?

The whole "FWB" concept is just so much BS, in my eyes.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
As for me, I believe in marriage and the way I see it, if a man isn't gonna be serious enough to propose after things are getting serious enough to consider it and I've shown my devotion to him, then I better find someone who will. And if one won't, someone else will and that's the point I was trying to make, that I'm fair game to another man, as long as we're "in a relationship". It may not mean I want to be fair game, but I pretty much am so if I'm unhappy in a relationship and I don't see it going anywhere, I'm at liberty to take the "better" partner at my convenience. That's not cheating, its just looking for "the one".

And to the person that said a man can cheat in a marriage too and/or in a "relationship", well if he shows fidelity issues in any way before the marriage, the women who marries him is blind and chose poorly.
And if she does it, shows fidelity issues, it doesn't matter if she's actually married or not. If she can't honor a commitment, then why would you marry someone who demonstrates that she can't honor her commitments either?

Old 06-26-2010, 02:26 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,599,905 times
Never date a cheater...especially if you're the one he's cheating with.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:37 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times
I considered myself a free agent until I was officially engaged. I never made any vows to the men I dated, nor did I express or agree to any level of commitment, verbal or otherwise.

Trouble happens when assumptions are made. Some men got really possessive after having taken me out on a date or two. They wrongly assumed that we were in a "relationship" and they had the right to know my whereabouts and who I was spending my time with he wasn't around.

Um, no. In my mind, you aren't in a committed relationship until you both agree that you are in a committed relationship. Until then, you are just dating and you are free to do as you please and date others if you choose to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships