Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,675 times

Advertisements

[quote=Interpol76;14239405]I hate to say this.... but, If you have money and power you can pretty much get most women to do anything.

It's just weird...I'm from the congressional district where this guy represents, and he prided himself on "family values this", "family values that".[/quote

Maybe he meant family values as in wanting to start a(nother) family with HER?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 08:53 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,516 times
each of us has requirements in a mate......some financial, some sexual, some moral, ....... and some of us only require her ability to be a homemaker and good mother......

Old 05-19-2010, 09:10 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Tony Montana said it great, and surprisingly true.

In this country first you get the money, then you get the power. Once you get the power, then you get the women.

Women are genetically hard wired to seek out men who are well off, can buy them nice things, and are older. Its just that simple. In a relationship, older men do better than younger ones do.

Now, women will cheat more on an older man, with younger ones, but thats not for money, thats for fun and a good gene pool.

Its biology and evolution at work. I know I know, there are lots of women who go for younger guys, and there are older guys without anyone, but those are generally the exception.

If you can fit into that small category of men who are young (in our 30's), and have a home, security, and money, then you usually do pretty well off.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:50 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
OP makes it sound like going for looks only is the moral high ground.
Not at all. I think any woman who cheats on her husband and humiliates her family is despicable. If Souter looked more like John Edwards, I wouldn't be excusing what she did. I just thought it was funny that a woman would risk so much for someone who doesn't seem to have many redeeming qualities. He's not looking, he's said some offensive stuff in the past, and he's obviously a hypocrite. If the guy looked like Clooney, at least I'd understand (though not excuse) why she betrayed her husband. But imagine what her husband has to be thinking. You cheated on me with him of all people?!

I don't care for people who cheat and will never accept any of their excuses. You make a commitment to someone, you should honor it. So for someone, man or woman, to break their promise says that either they're not happy with what they got at home or they found something they like better or both. Think about when Hugh Grant cheated on Liz Hurley or when Jesse James cheated on Sandra Bullock. Collectively, we looked at the other woman and thought, "if you're going to cheat, why cheat with someone like that?" And I don't just mean in terms of looks, though that's a big part of it. A lot of guys can be unattractive, but have plenty of other qualities that make them attractive. With this guy Souter, it's hard to see what those qualities would be. He sounds like the typical politician who's a liar and a hypocrite.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Tony Montana said it great, and surprisingly true.

In this country first you get the money, then you get the power. Once you get the power, then you get the women.

Women are genetically hard wired to seek out men who are well off, can buy them nice things, and are older. Its just that simple. In a relationship, older men do better than younger ones do.

Now, women will cheat more on an older man, with younger ones, but thats not for money, thats for fun and a good gene pool.

Its biology and evolution at work. I know I know, there are lots of women who go for younger guys, and there are older guys without anyone, but those are generally the exception.

If you can fit into that small category of men who are young (in our 30's), and have a home, security, and money, then you usually do pretty well off.
I guess that explains all the poor men with wives and families.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Women are won over by what they hear, men by what they see

Basically, if he was saying the right things to her, that would be more important to her than what he physically looks like.

Of course, there had to be some physical attraction for him to have gotten close enough to her to tell her the things she wanted to hear, but a womans idea of what is physically attractive is not what some men like you apparently think it is.
I highly disagree

Women are just as visual as men is when it comes to attraction, and in my life I've YET to see an attractive woman with a man who was considered "attractive" and if I did it was because the man had money, or a fast car, or a big house (usually a combo of the 3)

Otherwise if you're ugly like me, you're out

Old 05-19-2010, 10:31 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I guess that explains all the poor men with wives and families.
There are only so many guys that are well off out there, you do realize that?

And, poor is a relative term. If I make over 75,000 a year, thats a lot of money for someone who was brought up in a household that had a yearly income of 25,000 with 4 kids.

Generally speaking, if you put two guys in a room, one who makes millions, and is older, and one who works at McDonalds flipping burgers, and is younger, guess who is going to get more girls interested in him?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:41 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I highly disagree

Women are just as visual as men is when it comes to attraction, and in my life I've YET to see an attractive woman with a man who was considered "attractive" and if I did it was because the man had money, or a fast car, or a big house (usually a combo of the 3)

Otherwise if you're ugly like me, you're out

Well, there you go - you've convinced yourself you are right about this, (when I know you are wrong), but go ahead, keep telling yourself this and feeling sorry for yourself, it's SO MUCH easier than actually DOING anything to get what you want (a woman).

Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
He probably has a really big d***.

(I was having this very conversation -- about how some ugly men can score some really hot women -- with two very, clueless Beavis and Butthead types, and that was their honest assessment .. lolololol .. uh yeah, the average woman I know is willing to overlook a lot of faults so long as the guy has oversized genitalia .. lol, um .. no, not so much.)

In this case I agree with the other posters .. this is pretty much a no-brainer; the guy has power and is her boss ... this isn't exactly a man- bites-dog story. This sort of thing happens all of the the time.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
He probably has a really big d***.

(I was having this very conversation -- about how some ugly men can score some really hot women -- with two very, clueless Beavis and Butthead types, and that was their honest assessment .. lolololol .. uh yeah, the average woman I know is willing to overlook a lot of faults so long as the guy has oversized genitalia .. lol, um .. no, not so much.)

In this case I agree with the other posters .. this is pretty much a no-brainer; the guy has power and is her boss ... this isn't exactly a man- bites-dog story. This sort of thing happens all of the the time.
Funny, I just addressed this on the other thread about women liking sex - you fall into that category of men who actually believe this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships