Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 10:33 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,666,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The prophecies of the Bible are not imaginary. And only those who could ignore them are the ones living in such an imaginary world. Such people seem to have no ability to put 2+2 together. They ignore the details of the Bible and live in their isolated imaginary secular world.

it's good to see that you're a perfect example of your own words, keep up the good work...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 10:37 AM

465 posts, read 529,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
[/b]

it's good to see that you're a perfect example of your own words, keep up the good work...
zing! LOL.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:47 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,046,850 times
Quote:
The prophecies of the Bible are not imaginary. And only those who could ignore them are the ones living in such an imaginary world. Such people seem to have no ability to put 2+2 together. They ignore the details of the Bible and live in their isolated imaginary secular world.

Imaginary secular world? I think not. I am not secular and I don't believe your prophecies. Christianity has an entirely reading of the Bible which is somewhat strange. It would be like another religion coming to be and taking the Qur'an and saying it is their holy book and putting a completely different spin on it. That is what the Christians did. The so called old testament already existed as the Hebrew Scriptures and it got usurped and an entirely different meaning added.

So not only secular folks don't believe what you say.....

Old 09-11-2010, 10:55 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,666,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Imaginary secular world? I think not. I am not secular and I don't believe your prophecies. Christianity has an entirely reading of the Bible which is somewhat strange. It would be like another religion coming to be and taking the Qur'an and saying it is their holy book and putting a completely different spin on it. That is what the Christians did. The so called old testament already existed as the Hebrew Scriptures and it got usurped and an entirely different meaning added.

Jazzymom, you don't mean that them there Christians plagiarized the Hebrew Scriptures for their sacred book, now do you........ I mean good Christians wouldn't think of doing such a thing as despicable as that, now would they?...... the shame of it all.........

Old 09-11-2010, 12:00 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,926,037 times
Default Lemmings, marching off the cliff, with a smile on their faces.

Quote:
When American is attacked I believe many of her reactors will not be subject to anything close to a normal shut down. And in fact, it may be that our reactors will be targeted. I base that on the Biblical account, and visions that other christians have experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleskepticman
So.... wait now... whaaa??? You're basing the highly improbable but apparently absolute outcome of something that has not yet happened on the visions of other certifiably nutoid Christian dreamers? Or of non-specific wording in a repeatedly-re-translated bible?

Where that information in itself is based on highly ambiguous and non-specific wording* that is in itself an error-filled translation, and later highly revisionist editing and re-editing into English and a hundred other languages?

[* or do your prophecies say, "On Nov. 12, 2014, the nuclear plant at the Fairhaven Complex will sustain a devastating attack from The DEvils' Forces of Evil that will result in the release of vast quantities of deadly plutonium dust particles upwind of greater NeverNeverLand..."

Hmmm... I musta missed that paragraph... But hey; now that would be a prophecy, not the mumbo-jumbo but totally unspecific stuff you re-cycle over and over when, of course, they never come true.

But really, please: do keep it up, such mental exercising does prevent Alzheimer's for sure.)

And why not? Sure, I'll happily bet and alter my life based on your imagined prophetic outcomes. Just tell me/us when, Tom. When. after all, if this is go dal-danged absolute, WHEN?...
And those visions often agree with the prophecies that speak about America in the Scriptures. America is going to experience an all out nuclear war. And it will be a sneak attack. It will occur in the future, shortly after Russia and it's allies try to invade and destroy the state of Israel.

Coming Judgment on America

I believe your Christianity was as devout as Judas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflmn
You know what I and others see here, Tom?

First you denigrate my profession when you have no academic basis for such criticism, you admit to having absolutely no knowledge of the technical subjects of my education and later field experience, you then do not have the cajones to properly and intellectually question the honest work of millions of scientists, and yet you feel strangely empowered and positioned to criticize and belittle whatever we do, all of it?

A predictable, but clear insight into your personally ugly, obviously intellectually biased and dishonest, and thoroughly corrupted mindset, Tom Campbell.

Because now, here, you next choose to categorically belittle my 18 - 20 years of Christian faith, where, in fact, I eventually thought my way out of the greater Christian mythology box that you don't even care or dare to ever question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
See Rifle? You were never a 'Real' Christian.
Agreed. Rafi. Apparently so! You're only a Christian if you have not a single curious or thoughtful bone in your bony head. Accordingly, Tom thus thoughtlessly claimed I am not, could not be, and never was, a true Christian. All supported with the most ignorant and stupid and, oh yeah, SELF-SERVING and SELF-PRESERVING commentary that he could muster up, summing it up by calling me a Judas, followed by a blatant threat....
And I believe you will experience the same spiritual fate as he.
Quote:
A true Christian follows Christ forever. The Old Testament prophecy tells us that Christ would be betrayed, and what Judas did was just another accurate fulfillment of one of the prophecies found in the Old Testament.

Alternate prophecy
from the greater God "rifleman" ():

A true idiot follows anything without even a moment's consideration of it's truth. Such people often happily drink the purple Kool-Aide when told to. Some, who tried to escape that event, were hunted down for their blasphemic thinking, and were either force-fed "the stuff of dreams", or were shot.

I guess I'd fit into that category, if I were stupid enough to have been cajoled there in the first place with empty implausible promises, but when presented with the bigger picture, I would have definitely run. Right past where Tom would have been sitting, eyes clamped shut, swaying back and forth and mumbling heartfelt prayers as he sipped his drink.

Quote:
Well, I'll be the judge of that,not you. That's if even one of them ever happens, UNAMBIGUOUSLY, in the time of modern, recordable history. After all, we know the bible's chock full of lies and deceptions, made up well after the fact, the story made to fit the prophecy. Thus, all their prophecies happened, on cue, and with predictable results.

Let's see it happen again, but remember Tommo old snot, to Google this word:

UNAMBIGUOUS (in short, since you won't have the cajones to look it up: itmeans, in essence, no other POSSIBLE alternative explanation.

Example?: A diet Coke™falls into your hand out of the sky when you were just saying: "God, I'm thirsty!".

You of course claim this is undeniable, irrefutable PROOf of your God's existence, and that He's listening to approximately 3.76 billion prayers, simultaneously, and then cting on them.

You
of course purposefully fail to notice, or intentionally will not mention, your presence at the passing local festival parade where that Coca-Cola™ Products float staff were hucking free Cokes™ to the assembled and obedient masses. Or that a commercial jet plane just flew overhead and had a cargo door failure. Or that your girlfriend heard you and reached for a cold one from the fridge.

Nope: it was, by God, a miracle, no other possible explanation!).

When we honestly apply such critical thinking to all the so-called miracles and prophecies, guess what we find? Nada. No miracles, never, and no prophecies. Ever. Face it. (I forgot: you can't face anything.)

As to your convenient two-way denunciations of my personality and accomplishments, Tom: I reject them both. I, unlike you, have the credentials to have the greater scientific community fully peer-review and then recognize my careful work, as well as my several degrees over a wide range of technical subject areas.

I also was, in fact, a fully believing and attending but initially eyes-closed Christian, but the faith let me down over and over, precisely because it could not "put up" when I asked some very logical yet simple questions. I was, in fact, told by my Anglican minister "not to ask such difficult questions!" Eventually, having a free and unencumbered mind, I fled that stupid, blindered period in my life. I ceased to waste my time on children's fairytale versions of everything. You? Not so much, apparently.

Not only do you categorically deny even considering alternate explanations of anything, but you denigrate the beliefs of others, no matter how qualified they might be. Niceeeee!

Blindly and thoughtlessly following anything or anyone with nary a single discernible curious thought is NOT the sign of a pure person. It's a sign of a philosophical lemming. Like you.

Last edited by rifleman; 09-11-2010 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-11-2010, 12:39 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,963 times
Quote:

Are you even aware that the Old Testament stated that when the Jewish Messiah would appear, His own people would reject Him? Do you understand that the Old Testament stated that He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver? Do you understand that the Old Testament stated that when the Jewish Messiah would be put to death, He would die for the sins of many.

What different spin are you talking about? Jesus Christ fulfilled over three hundred prophecies of the Old Testament. Consider the link below.

http://www.forgivenessdiaries.com/jesus.html

Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Are you even aware that the Old Testament stated that when the Jewish
Messiah would appear, His own people would reject Him? Do you understand that the Old Testament stated that He would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver? Do you understand that the Old Testament stated that when the Jewish Messiah would be put to death, He would die for the sins of many.

What different spin are you talking about? Jesus Christ fulfilled over three hundred prophecies of the Old Testament. Consider the link below.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.comBeliev...es?messiah.htm
I am aware every bit of info you get comes from the greek and it s been translated to prove what you want to prove. There are earlier writings that are not greek but hebrew.

I am also aware that the Hebrew bible was in existance before the Christian scriptures with its own tradition and meaning.

Jesus was not the messiah, but a Jewish man who some followed and he was turned into a god after his death.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Alternate prophecy from the greater God "rifleman" ():

A true idiot follows anything without even a moment's consideration of it's truth. Such people often happily drink the purple Kool-Aide when told to. Some, who tried to escape that event, were hunted down for their blasphemic thinking, and were either force-fed "the stuff of dreams", or were shot.

I guess I'd fit into that category, if I were stupid enough to have been cajoled there in the first place with empty implausible promises, but when presented with the bigger picture, I would have definitely run. Right past where Tom would have been sitting, eyes clamped shut, swaying back and forth and mumbling heartfelt prayers as he sipped his drink.

Well, I'll be the judge of that,not you. That's if even one of them ever happens, UNAMBIGUOUSLY, in the time of modern, recordable history. After all, we know the bible's chock full of lies and deceptions, made up well after the fact, the story made to fit the prophecy. Thus, all their prophecies happened, on cue, and with predictable results.

Let's see it happen again, but remember Tommo old snot, to Google this word:

UNAMBIGUOUS (in short, since you won't have the cajones to look it up: itmeans, in essence, no other POSSIBLE alternative explanation.

Example?: A diet Cokeâ„¢falls into your hand out of the sky when you were just saying: "God, I'm thirsty!".

You of course claim this is undeniable, irrefutable PROOf of your God's existence, and that He's listening to approximately 3.76 billion prayers, simultaneously, and then cting on them.

You of course purposefully fail to notice, or intentionally will not mention, your presence at the passing local festival parade where that Coca-Colaâ„¢ Products float staff were hucking free Cokesâ„¢ to the assembled and obedient masses. Or that a commercial jet plane just flew overhead and had a cargo door failure. Or that your girlfriend heard you and reached for a cold one from the fridge.

Nope: it was, by God, a miracle, no other possible explanation!).

When we honestly apply such critical thinking to all the so-called miracles and prophecies, guess what we find? Nada. No miracles, never, and no prophecies. Ever. Face it. (I forgot: you can't face anything.)

As to your convenient two-way denunciations of my personality and accomplishments, Tom: I reject them both. I, unlike you, have the credentials to have the greater scientific community fully peer-review and then recognize my careful work, as well as my several degrees over a wide range of technical subject areas.

I also was, in fact, a fully believing and attending but initially eyes-closed Christian, but the faith let me down over and over, precisely because it could not "put up" when I asked some very logical yet simple questions. I was, in fact, told by my Anglican minister "not to ask such difficult questions!" Eventually, having a free and unencumbered mind, I fled that stupid, blindered period in my life. I ceased to waste my time on children's fairytale versions of everything. You? Not so much, apparently.

Not only do you categorically deny even considering alternate explanations of anything, but you denigrate the beliefs of others, no matter how qualified they might be. Niceeeee!

Blindly and thoughtlessly following anything or anyone with nary a single discernible curious thought is NOT the sign of a pure person. It's a sign of a philosophical lemming. Like you.

In the 1600s and 1800s Christians wrote books based on the prophecies of the Bible. And those books stated that before we see the return of Jesus Christ we would first see the return of the Jewish people to the land of Israel and Jerusalem. Their return according to these books would anger many nations around the world. And finally would lead the world into a great time of tribulation. Now back then there was no real evidence that such a thing would happen. Yet today we see the return did occur. And we see so many nations angery over their return. And it would not be much of a stretch to see how a world conflict down the road could also happen. Their belief was based only on the prophecies of the Bible, and so far those observations seem to be very accurate. Only a blindman could ignore the truth of what we see today.

And maybe you should of asked God and not your Anglican minister for answers. Thats why Jesus told us that we should look to no man for our faith. God once spoke to me and told me to pray for a job. I did, and I got the job 3 minutes later. Another time God told me my wife was going to have a child. We discovered my wife was going to have a child about 4 hours later. Once I told Jesus I loved Him, and about one minute later I was almost hit in the face with a red balloon. When I turned the balloon over, I discovered the words printed on it stated. "I LOVE YOU". I have had a number of encounters with God, and I would have to be out of my mind to ignore His reality. If you spend your entire life denying Him, I doubt you will ever find Him. And that is why Jesus tells us to seek Him with all our heart, with all our mind, and with all our soul. And we will surely find Him.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I am aware every bit of info you get comes from the greek and it s been translated to prove what you want to prove. There are earlier writings that are not greek but hebrew.

I am also aware that the Hebrew bible was in existance before the Christian scriptures with its own tradition and meaning.

Jesus was not the messiah, but a Jewish man who some followed and he was turned into a god after his death.

The Jesus you claim was not the messiah, I have already heard from. He has revealed hidden things to me, which proves to me that He was, and is the Messiah. He fulfilled the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. And He is active in the lives of those who love Him. I don't just believe in Him because of the Bible. I believe in him also because He has revealed Himself to me. If he was just a man, there would be no evidence of His existance today. However this is not the case. And only if you can ignore all of us who are telling you the truth, can you avoid who Jesus is.

If you read the Hebrew Bible, you will discover it is much more than tradition. It's prophecies describe the person of Jesus Christ to the letter. Everything that Jesus did is found in the Old Testament.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
The Jesus you claim was not the messiah, I have already heard from. He has revealed hidden things to me, which proves to me that He was, and is the Messiah. He fulfilled the 300 prophecies of the Old Testament. And He is active in the lives of those who love Him. I don't just believe in Him because of the Bible. I believe in him also because He has revealed Himself to me. If he was just a man, there would be no evidence of His existance today. However this is not the case. And only if you can ignore all of us who are telling you the truth, can you avoid who Jesus is.

If you read the Hebrew Bible, you will discover it is much more than tradition. It's prophecies describe the person of Jesus Christ to the letter. Everything that Jesus did is found in the Old Testament.

Ok you heard from him........ some might day hearing imaginary voices is a bit nuts...

There is no evidence of his existence...... The Bible does not count as it cannot even be proven....

I can avoid him because the messiah has not come yet....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality