Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God gives life and takes life, and He has the right to do that. And all those children that die are still living with God today. I would suggest until you create your first universe. You might want to hold off judgement of God.
Your god had nothing to do with creating the universe, and the more I see of statements such as you have made, the less I respect religion...I have given my children life, but that does not give me the right to kill them....I will continue to judge the god you believe in for what he would be if he actually existed...Cruel and lacking in empathy of any kind...If he were human he would be called a psychopath. There is no god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
Reading Exodus 31:15-18, it struck me as odd that God instructed everyone to obey the 10 commandments while, at the same time, he wanted those who worked on the sabbath to be put to death. Which got me thinking about all the killing God did and ordered others to do. Is God above the Thou Shall Not Kill? Why wouldn't he want to follow his own commandments?
I have to answer to my boss, but who does the top boss have to answer to? No one.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I have to answer to my boss, but who does the top boss have to answer to? No one.
The shareholders.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:46 AM

Good luck with that one.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:01 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your god had nothing to do with creating the universe, and the more I see of statements such as you have made, the less I respect religion...I have given my children life, but that does not give me the right to kill them....I will continue to judge the god you believe in for what he would be if he actually existed...Cruel and lacking in empathy of any kind...If he were human he would be called a psychopath. There is no god.
Why would you waste your time being angry at something that doesn't exist? Sounds like you're not 100% sure.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:19 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,033,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Before the 10 Commandments one could kill others if they thought God told them to. Yet today we have the 10 Commandments which tells us not to murder.

And the bears that were sent to kill those who mocked the bald man were killed not by the bald man, but by God's will. The fact is God removes people all the time. So for you to believe that people still have the right to kill people when they believe they hear the voice of God instructing them to do so, would be in error.
I never said I believe people who think "God" is telling them to kill have the right to kill. I said they might think they have the right to kill, and thus will proceed to do so. This has happened many times in the past. One of the dangers of religion.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 AM

You have the right to do anything at all. It's only society, or law, that tries to tell you that you do not have the right to do something or other. I'm opposed to both.

Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why would you waste your time being angry at something that doesn't exist?
I fail to see how you read anger in anything Sanspeur stated. He's simply calling out your god for what he is, whether he exists or not.

Quote:
Sounds like you're not 100% sure.
Why are you so angry at Zeus? Sounds like you aren't 100% sure...

Old 02-25-2011, 09:08 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,160,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Ehh, creditors, shareholders, THE LAW.

And you can always tell your boss to shove it, and go work for someone else.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 AM

Good luck with that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality