Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 11:55 AM

166 posts, read 140,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
Then you should restrict your posting to the Christianity forum, or better yet, stay off discussion forums altogether. There is no point in flinging your opinions about on a discussion forum, like little bits of monkey poo, if you are not interested in actually discussing them.

If you do believe in an omnipotent god, asking him to change my mind is likely to be far more effective than flailing about with unsupported opinions and refusing to actually examine your own assertions. As an added benefit, it is certainly less annoying to me...

-NoCapo

As you do the same with your unsupported views on No God.
Your belief system comes from hypotheticals and theory, these are not
facts regarding origins of this planet. We as creationist believe and have seen many facts and evidence.
With an Atheist regarding debate and or discussion it will be semantics, muddling along with ignoring any post with history or evidence then they twist and distort there reasonings which are absurd, they act as if nothing was ever presented to them.

Sarah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah888 View Post
Read the bible and biblical History.

Sarah
I suppose it is pointless to ask whether you ever read any of my posts on genesis, the flood, exodus, the Hyksos, 'prophecies' of Babylon, Tyre, Daniel, the Gospels, Acts and Paul.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:10 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Evidence about the historic Jesus is not in the Bible.
He was a real person, rabbie, prophet, that walked the earth.
if your going to de-bunk this sort of history, which includes Jesus. his followers, church leaders, scholars, etc. etc. along with anything relating to biblical history, then you might
as well rebuke all of history.

The Saints from 2000 years ago along with our modern day Saints are real human beings, blessed with special graces, etc. Yes we have miracles and medical science can and wont ever explain these things, just like they only can hypothosize on the Earths origins.

This is a fact.

I dont want to debate with atheists, instead I should Pray to God
regarding your soul. The Christian Man/God called Jesus. At the end of times we all shall see.

Sarah
Did you know the city of Nazareth didn't exist during Jesus alleged time on earth? It was destroyed a few hundred years before, and wasn't repopulated until a few hundred years after.

And there is no cliff by the town for the town's folk to threaten to throw him off.

And it doesn't actually sit on the side of a mountain, like it claims in the bible, but instead in a valley.

Odd.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I suppose it is pointless to ask whether you ever read any of my posts on genesis, the flood, exodus, the Hyksos, 'prophecies' of Babylon, Tyre, Daniel, the Gospels, Acts and Paul.

Read Matthew Mark, Luke John and Revelations, then we can talk.

Sarah

Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Did you know the city of Nazareth didn't exist during Jesus alleged time on earth? It was destroyed a few hundred years before, and wasn't repopulated until a few hundred years after.

And there is no cliff by the town for the town's folk to threaten to throw him off.

And it doesn't actually sit on the side of a mountain, like it claims in the bible, but instead in a valley.

Odd.

Really, well I dont know what your reading, but Jesus was born in Nazareth whichNazarethHebrew transcription(s) • Hebrewנָצְרַת (Natz'rat or Na'tzeret; Naṣ'rath in Biblical Hebrew)

Nazareth ( /Natzrat or Natzeret; Arabic: اَلنَّاصِرَة‎ an-Nāṣira or an-Naseriyye) is the largest city in the North District of Israel. Nazareth is known as "the Arab capital of Israel"; the population is made up predominantly of Arab citizens of Israel, the majority of whom are Muslim.[2][3][4][5] In the New Testament, the city is described as the childhood home of Jesus, and as such is a center of Christian pilgrimage, with many shrines commemorating biblical events.

READ History then the bible.

Sarah

Old 05-14-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post

Odd.

Please go looks this up before you make such claims..

Thank you

Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Evidence about the historic Jesus is not in the Bible.
That depends what you consider as 'evidence'. If you consider the 2000 year old ramblings of desert sunstroke victims - edited and altered over time by people with an agenda for power and control - as 'evidence' then you could say there was evidence, though it is neither objective nor verifiable.

Quote:
He was a real person, rabbie, prophet, that walked the earth.
Only according to your Bible and a splatter of other religious works

Quote:
if your going to de-bunk this sort of history, which includes Jesus. his followers, church leaders, scholars, etc. etc. along with anything relating to biblical history, then you might as well rebuke all of history.
History that is verifiable can't be rebuked. If your Jesus stories contained any verifiable evidence then they would be very difficult to rebuke it, they don't and therefore are very easy to rebuke.

Quote:
The Saints from 2000 years ago along with our modern day Saints are real human beings, blessed with special graces, etc.
They are believers...just like you!

Quote:
Yes we have miracles....
...and these 'miracles' would be - what exactly.

Quote:
This is a fact.
It's not 'fact', it's nothing more than your BELIEFS.

Quote:
I dont want to debate with atheists....,
Stay over in the 'Christianity' forum then.

...but if you do stay, PLEASE stop bolding your text. It's not necessary and it doesn't make what you are saying any more believable. All it does is make extra work in editing to answer you.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 PM

3,402 posts, read 2,789,447 times
Quote:
As you do the same with your unsupported views on No God.
Your belief system comes from hypotheticals and theory, these are not
facts regarding origins of this planet. We as creationist believe and have seen many facts and evidence.
With an Atheist regarding debate and or discussion it will be semantics, muddling along with ignoring any post with history or evidence then they twist and distort there reasonings which are absurd, they act as if nothing was ever presented to them.

Sarah
But Sarah, I am more than willing to discuss my viewpoints and your viewpoints, along with evidence for and against each. I try very hard to be intellectually honest in my evaluation of a given position, be it my own or someone else's. You don't appear to be interested in this kind of analysis, which is fine, I guess. I just don't understand why you are still here.

I promise you I will not ignore any evidence presented to me. I may evaluate it and find evidence that renders it unreliable, but this is not the same thing as simply ignoring or dismissing it. I am not trying to shake your faith, but I do think that everyone, believers and non-believers alike would do well to understand what is supported by evidence, and what is strictly belief. As I said to Mickiel, I don't understand why believers appear to be ashamed to say that they believe something without sufficient evidence. that is the very definition of faith. Why not embrace it and move on?

-NoCapo

Old 05-14-2012, 12:24 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
[/b]

Read Matthew Mark, Luke John and Revelations, then we can talk.

Sarah
I have read them better than you I wager. Revelations, you can keep. Go for it, Capo, I have a feeling that this one would be like talking to a brick wall with a loudspeaker in it.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 PM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Really, well I dont know what your reading, but Jesus was born in Nazareth
Matthew 2:2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king

I thought you know all about the Bible. Hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality