Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 09:41 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
You mean the Kirk Cameron who has made a "documentary" called, Monumental, about the foundation of our nation? I have nothing against someone trying to learn more about and share the history of our nation. What I do have a problem with, when they lie about it because they have an agenda. This is exactly what Cameron is doing. He is falsifying the history of the foundation of America. Shame on him and anyone who supports this. History needs to be reported accurately and without bias. It should never be violated in such a way.

Because christians love to falsify history with their beliefs, I am forced to debunk it. History should be free of bias. It needs to be recorded accurately, not interpreted to fit how you want it to have gone. If it conflicts with your bible or other religious books, that is just too bad.
Do all Christian's love to falsify (peer accepted ) history with their beliefs? Are all male homosexualls member's of NAMBLA? You are prejudging and spreading mis-information.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:05 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Do all Christian's love to falsify (peer accepted ) history with their beliefs? Are all male homosexualls member's of NAMBLA? You are prejudging and spreading mis-information.
I didn't say all did I? I said Christians, does using the word christian automatically mean all? I guess if a christian doesn't believe the bible is 100% true and that it should remain separate from school and government then no they aren't falsifying history and then I have no issue with them.

Your comment is invalid. Thanks for trying.

Do you believe the bible is 100% truth and should be used in schools?

Any christian that believes the bible is 100% truth and should be used in schools and government is falsifying history.

If even one Christian attempted to falsify history I would fight against their ignorance by debunking their religion.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:06 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
Quote:
You mean the Kirk Cameron who has made a "documentary" called, Monumental, about the foundation of our nation? I have nothing against someone trying to learn more about and share the history of our nation. What I do have a problem with, when they lie about it because they have an agenda. This is exactly what Cameron is doing. He is falsifying the history of the foundation of America. Shame on him and anyone who supports this. History needs to be reported accurately and without bias. It should never be violated in such a way.

Because christians love to falsify history with their beliefs, I am forced to debunk it. History should be free of bias. It needs to be recorded accurately, not interpreted to fit how you want it to have gone. If it conflicts with your bible or other religious books, that is just too bad.
sweet! Thanks for the info. Just bought the video not knowing much about it. Can't wait to listen to all the lies!

Of course why not look into how educational book companies are re-writing history to be more PC and thus changing the course of what was history.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:16 AM

434 posts, read 342,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
Of course why not look into how educational book companies are re-writing history to be more PC and thus changing the course of what was history.
Interestingly, the only place that is actually happening is in backwards spots like Texas and Mississipi where they are rewriting history to remove proven science and the like, because of Christian pushes for 'PCness'.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 AM

1,975 posts, read 1,941,190 times
PC OR Political correctness is a reactionary term

Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
sweet! Thanks for the info. Just bought the video not knowing much about it. Can't wait to listen to all the lies!

Do you have any examples? I would need a pretty good number of reputable and frequently used examples. They would need to be used by actual schools.

If anything educational books are being less PC. The companies that publish truthful science and history don't care about what you believe or if your feelings get hurt. I know people who are offended that history books don't paint the pilgrims in a good light.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times
Quote:
Do you have any examples? I would need a pretty good number of reputable and frequently used examples. They would need to be used by actual schools.

If anything educational books are being less PC. The companies that publish truthful science and history don't care about what you believe or if your feelings get hurt. I know people who are offended that history books don't paint the pilgrims in a good light.

It really doesn't matter how many sources I quote because it's evident you will not believe anything. By the way you post it's evident you do not have an open mind to Christianity or anything we say. I am open to being wrong and willing to listen and weigh what is written carefully. While I will not recant my belief in Christ I am willing to agree or disagree on various points within the religion called Christianity. IMO religion and faith are two completely different things.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:27 PM

1,975 posts, read 1,941,190 times
Religion and Faith are synonyms

Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
It really doesn't matter how many sources I quote because it's evident you will not believe anything. By the way you post it's evident you do not have an open mind to Christianity or anything we say. I am open to being wrong and willing to listen and weigh what is written carefully. While I will not recant my belief in Christ I am willing to agree or disagree on various points within the religion called Christianity. IMO religion and faith are two completely different things.
You are right about one thing, if a source is presented that is reliable, then I won't believe it, I will know it. I am guided by evidence not by faith. If evidence is presented that I cannot find fault with, I am willing to be wrong. So, if you have them, please I insist that you bring them forward. By not you are just showing that you don't know of any, and/or they don't exist. You are the one that says these educational books are real and being used across the nation in schools.

Actually I do have an open mind. I study history, this means that I study people and their culture. You can't do that if you ignore evidence of something. Religion is a part of our past, it has both good and bad moments. My job is to see them as they are, not how I want to. I know that most christians are good people and mean well in all that they do. Heck even when they do things I don't agree with, I don't blame them, I blame their religious beliefs. Hate the sin, love the sinner, right?!?

Honestly, I am not asking you to recant your belief. I am asking you to keep it to yourself as you would your private parts. Religion shouldn't be flashed around schools, government policies, or court rooms. Don't create false history to fit your beliefs, don't deny children access to science and history because you fear it will lead them away from your beliefs. Allow them the opportunity to view the world without bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Religion and Faith are synonyms
Not really. You can't have religion without faith, but you can have faith without religion.

Last edited by raison_d'etre; 07-09-2012 at 01:29 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
It really doesn't matter how many sources I quote because it's evident you will not believe anything. By the way you post it's evident you do not have an open mind to Christianity or anything we say.
But that isn't true at all. Many Atheists, like myself, were christians at one point. We did something that christians refused to do, and that is study the "sources [you] quote."

I didn't just wake up one morning and decided that Atheism sounded cool. It took years and years of study and research, even research at the British Library at St Pancras/King's Cross, before I reached a decision.

I did something you could never bring yourself to do, like Location Blocking, Character Blocking, Dialog Blocking and Action Blocking for all four gospels.

The claim is the New Testament is the word of god, yet it is readily apparent that god never even knew where Jesus was half the time, or who he was with or what he was doing or saying, because there are more than 1,000 contradictions and discrepancies.

And Genesis, well, there's no doubt that the Hebrews simply copied older existing stories, and then modified those stories over the next 2,000 years as the political, religious and social situations changed among the Hebrews.

The mere fact that Jesus condones rape and slavery is morally repugnant.

[quote=Dad_loves_to_cook;25088876] I am open to being wrong and willing to listen and weigh what is written carefully. While I will not recant my belief in Christ...]/quote]

Then you just contradicted yourself, but then your god was a master at contradictions.

Leviticus 16:29 “This is to be a perpetual statute for you. In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, you must humble yourselves and do no work of any kind, both the native citizen and the foreigner who resides in your midst, 16:30 for on this day atonement is to be made for you to cleanse you from all your sins; you must be clean before Jesus.

So if everyone's sins, including "original sin" are cleansed, they what was the reason Jesus had to die on the cross?

Jesus also contradicts himself here:

Luke 13:1 Now there were some present on that occasion who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 13:2 He answered them, “Do you think these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered these things? 13:3 No, I tell you! But unless you repent, you will all perish as well! 13:4 Or those eighteen who were killed when the tower in Siloam fell on them, do you think they were worse offenders than all the others who live in Jerusalem? 13:5 No, I tell you! But unless you repent you will all perish as well!”

Deuteronomy 28:15 “But if you ignore the Jesus and are not careful to keep all his commandments and statutes I am giving you today, then all these curses will come upon you in full force: 28:16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the field. 28:17 Your basket and your mixing bowl will be cursed. 28:18 Your children will be cursed, as well as the produce of your soil, the calves of your herds, and the lambs of your flocks. 28:19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.
Curses by Disease and Drought 28:20 “The Lord will send on you a curse, confusing you and opposing you in everything you undertake until you are destroyed and quickly perish because of the evil of your deeds, in that you have forsaken me.

Quote:
I am willing to agree or disagree on various points within the religion called Christianity. IMO religion and faith are two completely different things.
You're not expressing faith, rather you're expressing an obsession.

Clarifying...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
Why do Christians needs to be persecuted all the time even here in America because of the tiny minority of nonbelievers who tries to shovel their secular nonbelief in our throats
Are you suggesting that a majority has the right to persecute people and shove their obsession down people's throats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
You guys already took away prayers from public schools, which was a big deal for most of us.
No, that was Jesus who took away prayers from public schools.

Matthew 6:5 “Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, because they love to pray while standing in churches and on street corners so that people can see them. Truly I say to you, they have their reward. 6:6 But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret.

Quite clearly, Jesus does not condone public prayer. He calls those who pray in churches and in other public places, like street corners and schools hypocrites.

By insisting on school prayer, you are an hypocrite and spitting in the face of Jesus, by willfully disobeying his command to you.

Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except by the appointment of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the authorities that exist have been instituted by Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 13:2 So the person who resists such authority resists the ordinance of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Jesus appointed the authorities who (justly and properly) removed prayer from public schools. It was by the command of Jesus, and you disobedience in the face of Jesus will result in judgment upon you and all others who think like you.

If I would be you, I would be very afraid.

Biblically....

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.