Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 AM

32 posts, read 24,115 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't do that because I don't believe the act of one person is indicative of all others. Otherwise we are all murdereers and child molesters, right? If you think there is an epidemic of atheists being beat up by cops and others just for being atheist, then please do share. I guarantee you this is not a position ednorsed, favored, supported or advocated by the vast majority of Christians. There are millions if not billions of Christians. Therefore it is inevitable there will be some weirdos and psychos amongst us. It's called humanity.

Your calling to undo Christianity will be hugely unsuccessful, I predict. (posted in response to PoppySead)

Old 07-10-2012, 10:26 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior king View Post
My my, sounds like youve got a little crush on Adolf. Sure, if only he hadnt believed in god....And he had a good heart and was quite the joke teller......hahahahahaha.....good luck with that line of "reasoning". FYI, I' don't trust you one bit.
I have a crush on history. History doesn't pick sides we study the good and the bad. Hitler was Evil, no doubt about that. But he was an evil Christian bent on forcing his beliefs of religious and genetic superiority on everyone.
Quote:
You don't want me as an atheist? Awwww, you big meanie.
If you suddenly form a lack of belief in god, there is nothing I can do about it. I just don't want to be to blame for your recruitment.

Quote:
When was the last Christian vs Jewish war? We rescued jews from hitler's concentration camps, you realize?
Christians didn't rescue Jews. The Allied forces, that were a variety of religious beliefs, rescued them.
Quote:
Seems to me it's more about the Jews and Christians vs Islam right now. Not that we want to battle. They just can't get over their self esteem issues. You may want to check that out yourself.
I don't go killing people for not being atheist. History does show that Christians, Jews, and Islam does. I have a great self esteem.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:28 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
We are already persecuted in America today by the minority atheists and other non-Christians. Media is one example that always bash us Christians all the time
Telling you to keep your bigotry and superstition out of the lives of those that don't subscribe to the ancient superstition of bronze age goat herders is not persecution, it is freedom. You are in no way prevented from practicing your beliefs however you wish. BUT when you attempt to impose any of that on anyone else, then you have crossed the line.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:30 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
When was the last Christian vs Jewish war? We rescued jews from hitler's concentration camps, you realize?
So did the atheistic Soviets. In fact, they are the ones who liberated Auschwitz-Birkenau, Treblinka, Belzec, Majdanek, Stutthof, Sachenhausen, Ravensbrueck and Sobibor. It wasn't just the so-called "Christian" Americans and British who did so. No love for the Soviets on my part nor am I an atheist, but you can't claim that it was some sort of Christian monopoly.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
I have a crush on history. History doesn't pick sides we study the good and the bad. Hitler was Evil, no doubt about that. But he was an evil Christian bent on forcing his beliefs of religious and genetic superiority on everyone.
If you suddenly form a lack of belief in god, there is nothing I can do about it. I just don't want to be to blame for your recruitment.

Christians didn't rescue Jews. The Allied forces, that were a variety of religious beliefs, rescued them.

I don't go killing people for not being atheist. History does show that Christians, Jews, and Islam does. I have a great self esteem.
Some might say you have excessive self esteem......

Tell me about the religious doctrine of hitler. Tell me how he attempted to spread religion via his blitzkrieg and panzer divisions. Being a WWII buff, this is al new to me! Lol

Of course, but America was largely a christian nation then. Again ,please provide recent examples of where Christians are Jews are fighting each other! Let's hear your facts!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
So did the atheistic Soviets. In fact, they are the ones who liberated Auschwitz-Birkenau, Treblinka, Belzec, Majdanek, Stutthof, Sachenhausen, Ravensbrueck and Sobibor. It wasn't just the so-called "Christian" Americans and British who did so. No love for the Soviets on my part, but you can't claim that it was some sort of Christian monopoly.
I didn't claim that. But his assertion was that Jews and Christians have been fighting each other for generations. I'm looking for examples, perhaps in the last 250 years or so.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:33 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
That 'Gay' sign is NOT from a Christian. It could be by atheist/muslim/jewish trolls.
BTW nowhere in the New Testament is it written that homosexuality is a sin.

Jesus loved everyone.

Really, are you also blind? Read the sign and you won't look quite so foolish.

I'll even point out what part, the bottom 2 lines, the name address and phone number of the ministry

Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

Really, are you also blind? Read the sign and you won't look quite so foolish.

I'll even point out what part, the bottom 2 lines, the name address and phone number of the ministry
Everything for AN comes back to gay rights. She/he is quite militant, it would seem, and is determined to impose hr/his values n the rest of society, regardless. Talk about your zealot.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,608 times
Quote:
Some might say you have excessive self esteem......
Well, thank you.

Quote:
Tell me about the religious doctrine of hitler. Tell me how he attempted to spread religion via his blitzkrieg and panzer divisions. Being a WWII buff, this is al new to me! Lol
Best I can do in short notice. Religious views of Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Of course, but America was largely a christian nation then. Again ,please provide recent examples of where Christians are Jews are fighting each other! Let's hear your facts!!!
[/quote] You have to be blind to not see the attacks on each other.

Jewish Mobs Attack Christians

Christian Extremists Attack Jews, Muslim Saves Them! | MR's Blog

Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,932 times
Quote:
hitler was not a Christian.
Yes, he was. And his follower certainly were. Atheists don't put "God is With Us" on their belt buckles.

Even if Hitler wasn't a Christian, he definitely believed in a God and Creator.

Quote:
In fact hitler and Stalin were both atheists or at least agnostic.
When did Stalin come into this discussion? No, Hitler was not an atheist or an agnostic, sorry.

Quote:
hitler didn't hate Judaism, per se, he hated the success of Jewish culture. Which just happened to have a strong religious component.
Nope, like the majority if Christians in Europe Hitler hated the Jews for being Jews. And for killing his Lord, Jesus Christ. One of his favorite works was Martin Luther's "The Jews and Their Lies".

The "final solution" (aka Holocaust) was the end product of over a thousand years of hatred by Christians toward Jews in Germany and Europe.

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord" - Adolf Hitler

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exposed.” -Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Hitler also of course believed in the (evolutionary) superiority of the German race.
Wrong again. Hitler was a staunch creationist who rejected evolution. Among Hitler's LEAST favorite books were Darwin's "Origin of Species". He had those burned along with other "dangerous" works.

"Where do we acquire the right to believe that man has not always been what he is now? The study of nature teaches us that, in the animal kingdom just as much as in the vegetable kingdom, variations have occurred. They've occurred within the species, but none of these variations has an importance comparable with that which separates man from the monkey — assuming that this transformation really took place"

"The fox remains always a fox, the goose remains a goose, and the tiger will retain the character of a tiger. The only difference that can exist within the species must be in the various degrees of structural strength and active power, in the intelligence, efficiency, endurance, etc., with which the individual specimens are endowed." -Adolf Hitler

(Variations within "kinds" is a staple of creationism even today)

"The most marvelous proof of the superiority of Man, which puts man ahead of the animals, is the fact that he understands that there must be a Creator" - Adolf Hitler

“And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary, He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God.” -Adolf Hitler

Yep, word of an atheist there

Quote:
So now all religion is affiliated with the 9 11 terrorists?
We're talking about what belief (or nonbelief) in a Creator implies. Are you stating that the people responsible for 911 didn't believe in a Creator?

Quote:
Gosh, you have a broad brush. Does that also mean everyone named Charles is a mass murderer? Fascinating "logic"......
You are doing just that in regards to atheists. Project much?

Last edited by QuixoticHobbit; 07-10-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality