Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 10:55 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior king View Post
I didn't claim that. But his assertion was that Jews and Christians have been fighting each other for generations. I'm looking for examples, perhaps in the last 250 years or so.
Okay, fair enough. It's just that I've heard some Christians attempt to associate some sort of moral superiority for American liberation of concentration and death camps, all the while conveniently forgetting that the Red Army liberated many themselves. Just making sure that wasn't being done in this case as it is a non-argument.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:56 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Everything for AN comes back to gay rights. She/he is quite militant, it would seem, and is determined to impose hr/his values n the rest of society, regardless. Talk about your zealot.
So when you can't respond intellectually to my points that everyone should have equal rights and be free of the persecution by bigoted buffoons, you choose to attack the messenger instead of the message. How very christian of you.

These are not my values, these are basic freedoms everyone should have, and it is you that are determined to impose the bigotry, hate and ignorance you share with long dead goat herders upon others, a right you do not have.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

hitler was not a Christian.
Of course he was. You really should check your facts before you demonstrate your willful ignorance.

(I bet you heard this little lie in a sermon, trying to scare ya'all deeper into the lie of christianity, didn't ya)

Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM

32 posts, read 24,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Of course he was. You really should check your facts before you demonstrate your willful ignorance.

(I bet you heard this little lie in a sermon, trying to scare ya'all deeper into the lie of christianity, didn't ya)
Sorry sweetie, I've been a WWII buff all my life. Never seen the slightest indication hitler was motivated by Christian principles. At best he used Christianity to promote his aryan race theories.

Athiests here always with the insulting comments about Christian intelligence. (see above) Whats amusing is that somehow you all believe doing so enhances your arguments, and diminishes ours. Really, it just makes you sound.....unpleasant, angry, bitter, enraged, militant and nasty.

But I suppose every group has their mission statement. Good luck attracting like!

Re: hear it in a sermon: should be careful about assuming. You know what it does.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Sorry sweetie, I've been a WWII buff all my life. Never seen the slightest indication hitler was motivated by Christian principles.
Guess your should do more than just look at pictures books, and drop the condescending 'sweetie' crap

Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
So when you can't respond intellectually to my points that everyone should have equal rights and be free of the persecution by bigoted buffoons, you choose to attack the messenger instead of the message. How very christian of you.

These are not my values, these are basic freedoms everyone should have, and it is you that are determined to impose the bigotry, hate and ignorance you share with long dead goat herders upon others, a right you do not have.
Naaah, it was just an observation of mine. Vry obvious your agenda.

You, on the other, always feel compelled to roll out the insults and attacks. Is there ever a post you DON'T use the word "ignorance" when addressing a Christian?

Ps: great way to build bridges.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Guess your should do more than just look at pictures books, and drop the condescending 'sweetie' crap
More assuming on your part. Bad habit you have, sweetie. Lol

Now, try and respond without using the words ignorant, hateful, bigoted, foolish, and their synonyms. I'm highly confident it's not within your "skill set".

Old 07-10-2012, 11:28 AM

332 posts, read 529,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
I am curious as to why people post in a religion forum when they are not religious in nature. Over the years I have frequented forums and noticed a trend of non-religious people attracted to responding to religious threads. While I understand there are many religions, the one I see people spending so much time attempting to debunk is Christianity. What is the draw?
people fear (and rightly so in this case) what they do not (or refuse to) understand.

simple. next question?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Sorry sweetie, I've been a WWII buff all my life. Never seen the slightest indication hitler was motivated by Christian principles. At best he used Christianity to promote his aryan race theories.

Athiests here always with the insulting comments about Christian intelligence. (see above) Whats amusing is that somehow you all believe doing so enhances your arguments, and diminishes ours. Really, it just makes you sound.....unpleasant, angry, bitter, enraged, militant and nasty.

But I suppose every group has their mission statement. Good luck attracting like!

Re: hear it in a sermon: should be careful about assuming. You know what it does.
They say a picture says a thousand words....Here are a few thousand words for you..

Nazi photos

Old 07-10-2012, 11:30 AM

332 posts, read 529,525 times
Quote:
bigoted buffoons
this is why no one takes you seriously. you cant hold a serious conversation without labeling a group based on your non-scientific dealings with a small portion of that group.

in short, go read the bible and try to understand.

poor guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.