Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 01:53 PM

50,840 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Another good topic brought back up.
God..allowing - so funny...as if we are robots or puppets with no free will...hahaha...silly people expecting the Creator
of All..the Giver of free will to intervene in silly goings on here - whether war or weddings or winning the lottery.
..All of it would be our doing (hello?)
and nothing for the Creator to 'stop'.

"Let's blame God! Take no responsibility!!!"
I think you're way off base here.

How were the people who died in the Thai tsunami supposed to take responsibility?
How are little children who are physically and sexually abused supposed to take responsibility?
How is a leukemia patient supposed to take responsibility?

Those are three examples of the types of things that have NOTHING to do with free will.

But even then, doesn't a caring parent step in when they see their child about to make a serious mistake? Does not the most well-known prayer begin with, "Our father..."? Is god not said to be "all powerful and ever loving"?

You can't have it all ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 02:13 PM

63,825 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

How were the people who died in the Thai tsunami supposed to take responsibility?
How are little children who are physically and sexually abused supposed to take responsibility?

Those are three examples of the types of things that have NOTHING to do with free will.

But even then, doesn't a caring parent step in when they see their child about to make a serious mistake? Does not the most well-known prayer begin with, "Our father..."? Is God not said to be "all-powerful and ever-loving"?

You are conflating things for which humans have no responsibility with those things they do have responsibility for. Child abuse is human-caused and human abusers have the responsibility. Tsunamis and disease are not human-caused so no human has the responsibility. We were given Dominion here but told we would have to overcome and endure whatever we can. The Omni's are human-derived NOT claimed by God.

Old 12-14-2019, 02:13 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:

But even then, doesn't a caring parent step in when they see their child about to make a serious mistake? Does not the most well-known prayer begin with, "Our father..."? Is god not said to be "all powerful and ever loving"?

Children are often brought up and the seeming injustices.
But, where I come from and have been shown, (in other words, I don't make this stuff up like
some crutch to cope with my own childhood), is we do not know the entire Big Picture.
When you calculate hundreds or 1000s of our lives --- you have no idea if that child was a Mongolian soldier using
his freewill to torture in ways unimaginable to us today ... people scoff,
of course, they do...I just give that example to make a point.

*Big picture, *immortal soul, *many lifetimes, *this is a D-r-e-a-m ----*actors on the stage.
(I saw this at 8 yrs old, the first time of many that the Doors of Perception were opened.)
There is No logic from the worldly point of view, I know. I know. I do.

Regarding 'both ways' ...excellent point...you actually can have it both ways ---you have
lessons that need to be learned, then you have spontaneous forgiveness or a karmic lesson spontaneously obliterated!

Jesus' basic teaching -Ask, believe and receive. This is the very Nature of the Creator--just ask.
Funny isn't it ---so simple of a concept.

Old 12-14-2019, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Children are often brought up and the seeming injustices.
But, where I come from and have been shown, (in other words, I don't make this stuff up like
some crutch to cope with my own childhood), is we do not know the entire Big Picture.
When you calculate hundreds or 1000s of our lives --- you have no idea if that child was a Mongolian soldier using
his freewill to torture in ways unimaginable to us today ... people scoff,
of course, they do...I just give that example to make a point.

*Big picture, *immortal soul, *many lifetimes, *this is a D-r-e-a-m ----*actors on the stage.
(I saw this at 8 yrs old, the first time of many that the Doors of Perception were opened.)
There is No logic from the worldly point of view, I know. I know. I do.

Regarding 'both ways' ...excellent point...you actually can have it both ways ---you have
lessons that need to be learned, then you have spontaneous forgiveness or a karmic lesson spontaneously obliterated!

Jesus' basic teaching -Ask, believe and receive. This is the very Nature of the Creator--just ask.
Funny isn't it ---so simple of a concept.
I have no respect for this point of view.

Old 12-14-2019, 02:20 PM

1,096 posts, read 419,059 times
Quote:

This is something that gets to me at various times. Some say its karma. I can't say. Others say we're in a physical world and we will all die and its got nothing to do with God/Goddess/Universe. I can't say. I can say that whether God plays a role in deciding when these things will happen, end result is that despite beliefs it still feels unfair and I've gotten angry. Yes, I know there is no such thing as fair but still. When my brother died in freak accident at 20, my Mom got comfort from what a Rabbi told a dear friend of hers. Its ok to get angry at God. (we were Catholic and that was new to us). People that don't believe don't need that. They have other ways of coping. But for us and we did believe, this was the only comfort at that time.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:50 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Why do bad things happen to all peoples, around the world, and have happened since the beginning of time? Why do bad things happen to people of all beliefs, religions, faiths, and to those with no exposure to belief? Why do people get struck by lightning, die of cancer, develop tumors? Why do animals make mistakes sometimes that are fatal? Why do stars explode? Etc etc etc.

It's an imperfect world and universe. Get used to it. We're supposed to live in spite of the dangers and hazards. They're there for education and adjusting attitude, and to not take life for granted. We'd be far worse in a "perfect" and safe world. The dumb thing is to entirely miss that, and be looking for who or what to blame.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 12-14-2019 at 04:16 PM..

Old 12-14-2019, 04:18 PM

19,044 posts, read 27,620,833 times
Lemme guess...
Another corpse revived from 2009?

Old 12-14-2019, 04:57 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
I have no respect for this point of view.
But, c'mon - you gotta know there's a bigger picture.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:14 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
people's bigger pictures are usually just bigger prints of themselves.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
But, c'mon - you gotta know there's a bigger picture.
Perhaps, but if true, that ain't it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality