Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 07:00 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
there is a perspective where duality "seems to exist" so there appears to be both hate and love; tiny limited perspective, stuck in the forest
and there is a higher perspective where there is no duality there is only unity and only love; vast perspective, view above the forest seeing the grand sweeping panoramic view of the larger landscape

the Divine sees the big picture, and invites us to live life from that more expanded perspective (there is only love everywhere and always)
the human can often get stuck in the smaller perspective (seeing bad stuff)

sometimes harshness is actually love. is it hate to not bail a relative out of jail for a DUI? or is it love so that he'll not harm others, and maybe get into recovery?
There is a difference in coming between someone and the natural consequences of their actions (enabling) and actually hurting someone because of the action.

Is what is being presented here is that God will actually punish you for doing something, not necessarily that he will just warn you not to do something because it may cause you harm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 08:51 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
This Topic was inspired by another poster who compared "god" as the heavenly father to our "earthly" fathers and noted similarities from the point of view of the children

That included a degree of self doubt, self loathing and a lack of self acceptance, which primitive man could not fathom, but could express, and they created a self loathing, self hating god who constantly makes mistakes, but denies his own imperfections, all the while possibly knowing that he is a total failure.
"I am jealous of statues!" Jealously is such a pitiful thing, it does show a freudian-slip sort of self-hate.
Hate is like a hot coal that burns the holder more until he throws it at others, there has to be some self-hate involved in general hate if that is the case.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:30 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
There is a difference in coming between someone and the natural consequences of their actions (enabling) and actually hurting someone because of the action.

Is what is being presented here is that God will actually punish you for doing something, not necessarily that he will just warn you not to do something because it may cause you harm.
does warning people work? Or does something have to happen to some people for a warning to work? And what do the people claim when an action (limit placed) was taken to stop them from doing it again?

Old 05-31-2016, 06:22 AM

7,594 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

Likewise, to suggest that God himself must adhere to the same set of rules that he gives us is silly.
Reminds me on another incident characterized by father the god.

When we were kids, the next door neighbors were getting into a loud argument with some guy who accused them on\f borrowing money and not paying it back. The action was not physical, but was sprinkled with language reminiscent of a John Wayne movie, or even George c Scott as Patton.

We were told to stay inside. When I asked my dad why we could not go outside, he said "Because that old man was out there cussin'"

When I pointed out to my dad that his language is often similar , his response was

"Well, that's different. ........It's ok when I do it."

ah. god the hypocrite.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 AM

689 posts, read 549,501 times
God demands humans to worship Him because the one and only way humans (and angels) can fall all starts with failed to worship Him. The typical path is you failed to worship God, you no longer love Him enough, you start to grow by yourself, your pride may develop that finally will lead to sin. Once law is violated you need to leave. After leaving God you will have to to turn evil as God is the only source of good. That's the way how Satan fell from an archangel to a devil.

To avoid this from happening, a freewill have to follow the first commandment to love God because this is the only way to get a freewill secured from falling in a realm of eternity (i.e., heaven).

Old 05-31-2016, 07:31 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Did you read the passage I quoted? You can argue about it all you want, but the fact is the Bible clearly states that God does hate. He loved Jacob and hated Esau. It doesn't say he loved him less, or that he hated him because Esau did wrong. He chose to love Jacob and hated Esau for no reason but his own.

Yes, God loves. But God also hates.

And no--love and hate are not mutually exclusive. Don't import your preconceived notion of what love is to what the Bible says about God.
Interesting, all knowing creator god creates things it hates?

Why would it do that Viz?

Old 05-31-2016, 08:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

I know! I know! Ask Me!

Because it's insane.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:46 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,076 times
God created good as well as evil. God created positive as well as negative. God generated love and justified hatred - hatred that must be resolved through our free will and logic. What people fail to realize is that the mythical devil is actually an employee and agent of God.

The Devil has a job. Yes and the purpose of evil is to force people into a state of goodness when they have breached natural law and lost their way. The issue TODAY is that mankind is lawless and has fallen to a point that is even lower and more unpredictable than evil. Evil is nature...what we have now is something man made - some thing that is perverse and is not part of the natural scheme of things.

If there is a devil I am sure he wants no part of man made amateur out of control evil.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

He created people that were then tainted by sin, which he hates. He hates the people as a result.

The good news is that he also offers salvation and forgiveness to anyone that would trust in him and turn to Christ.

So, really...the question of God hating you is completely up to you.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
He created people that were then tainted by sin, which he hates. He hates the people as a result.

The good news is that he also offers salvation and forgiveness to anyone that would trust in him and turn to Christ.

So, really...the question of God hating you is completely up to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality